The baseball thread

philitup

The Internet Champion!
If the Cubs make one more big move I'm going to drive my head through a wall.

I seriously wanted to see something happen, but it looks like we will have the exact same team as last year.:rage:

Last edited:

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Dodgers trade Gordon...and Haren....and worst of all, Kemp. :cry:

They did get Rollins, Kendrick, a bunch of prospects from the Marlins, Grandal, and another Padres pitcher, so I guess that's cool. I'd still rather have Kemp.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Dodgers trade Gordon...and Haren....and worst of all, Kemp. :cry:

They did get Rollins, Kendrick, a bunch of prospects from the Marlins, Grandal, and another Padres pitcher, so I guess that's cool. I'd still rather have Kemp.
Same. I don't understand letting Kemp go, even more so considering that that Dodgers obviously have the money to pay for him.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Same. I don't understand letting Kemp go, even more so considering that that Dodgers obviously have the money to pay for him.
Part of the reason is he didn't like not being able to play center field, but he wanted to continue being an everyday player. The outfield had no chemistry because they all wanted to start. He also had injury issues for the last few seasons. Weak in the catching position. So many reasons. I'm still sad he left.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
So the Cardinals just signed Mark Reynolds. I expect his strike out numbers to drop like a rock, and he will be the next playoff hero, all just because he's wearing a Cardinals uniform. I'm sorry, but that's literally how everything works right now.

i would be surprised if the Braves win any games this year. what a terrible team we have left.. (with the exception of freeman, kimbrel and gattis of course)

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I feel an empty void for the Dodgers without Matt Kemp. I went to my first Dodgers game in 2006 after I moved to Los Angeles from Texas the year before, and Matt Kemp had made his debut a few days before that first game. Him being gone feels really weird, since I saw him as the last link to my first Dodgers game.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Soo I think we should be a bit better than last year, believe it or not. Now I've complained in the past about the Brewers basically having the exact same team as last year going into this year, but here are the positives...

We will have Gerardo Parra for the entire season. I really liked the way he played in the time that we had him this past year, and maybe it's because he was on the team when everyone else was showing a combined effort of 0 percent, but he is very athletic, gold glove outfielder, and he can HIT THE BALL which is something we'll have to do.

Another thing I like is players such as Khris Davis and Scooter Gennett have gotten their first full season out of the way. I could tell that they were slowing down along with the other 38 men on the roster (I'm pretty sure even the bat-boy ran out of gas in September) but I think they will be able to perform better since they're now a bit more used to the MLB season.

mattt

I wonder how many prospects we'll get for zobrist. Maybe longo too, seems like we're not just rebuilding, but just getting rid of everyone :(

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
Just Want To Say I'm A Diehard Giants Fan!!!! Love my team so much!! with them all the way!!! I always wear Buster Poseys Jersey as he is my favorite Player:hearts:#28
We Are World Series Champions and A Dynasty!!! Be Jealous <3 '10 '12 '14
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Last edited: