The Future of Crates

What do you want to happen with crates?

• Keep them the same

Votes: 78 36.4%
  • Sell the keys in the catalogue

Votes: 95 44.4%
  • Get rid of them entirely

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Other (reply with what you want, if this wins a new poll will be created with the suggested options)

Votes: 19 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amy

Head Administrator
I'm posting this because a lot of people don't like the key/crate system. So, I want to hear what you want. Vote however you want to.

Enso

I'd like to see crates as the standard (only one crate) and just different keys determine the prizes. I don't know how do-able that is. Also I'd like to see golden keys out for just a while more and maybe swapped to something else like silver key or holiday key. Still given out by the ways there given, maybe a tiny bit increase in chance to get a key but not too much. Maybe do daily contests like "Best guest room with use of furni item x" with an acronym like CE (contest entry) in the room title so staff know what to check out. Then the winner(s) could get a key.

With the different keys i like the layout with normal prize, rare prizer and super rare. Maybe add more recolors or just more super rare in general, not more of a chance to get an individual one but more of a chhance to get a super rare in general

Ps also a chance to get back hats we rly loved wink wink

Edit i saw the catalogue option and that'd be awesome as long as their not too cheap.
Maybe sell
Standard Key 500 credits w/ a rlly small chance to get good stuff
Good Key 2000 credits w/ better chance but not too much
Lucky Key 4000/5000 credits w/ better chance but not perf

Edit2: Maybe get an account like push that just wanders around the kingdom giving keys on occasion. Not to the first that yells something just maybe enters a room and gives x amount of people keys.

//an alternative is that he will ask a trivia question and the first 1-3 people would get one.
Fastest person would get lcky key, 2nd would get good, 3rd would get standard

KEEP IN MIND.... My post kind of makes it seem like the game would revolve around keys. These are just individual suggestions, I like keys, i'd prefer for them not to be the main focus of the game but rather an incentive for things.

i voted for selling the keys in the catalogue. i think it'd be awesome if they go for around 500 credits to a thousand; if this is implemented i would like to see the chances of super rares dropping, as keys would be much easier to obtain.

If you're keeping keys and crates, do it like this:
-Standardized key with non-standard crates.
-Continue dropping keys randomly.
-Maybe sell them for a high price. It would have to be very high, considering the trade value of a key these days.

Other options:
-Treasure Detector Single Use
-No randomized item systems.

i really would like the keys in the catlouge Because i hate going in the shell game picking up shells and... always getting credits each day

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
I've had the worst luck both getting anything rare from any of the crates I've opened. I just don't understand how this randomizer works. For instance, if there's a 1/9 of getting Leroy, why I have I opened 40+ crates with nothing good & there's people out here with 3 Leroys? I obviously don't have luck (both in crates and finding decent trades), and I'd hate for more of the super rares from the original being released this way.

Once quests are released, I think that would be the best way to earn keys and/or super rares (like bird hat/inferno, etc.). They could still be "super-rare" if the quest is only open for a day, or three days. If anyone remembers the search for Blackheart's treasure in 2008, you could win a Minnie hat, tons of credit, and treasure detector magic. It was open for less than a week, and it was a huge success because it was attainable for everyone, not just people who happen to be really lucky.

If keys and crates are in the game to stay, I think that keys should still be given randomly through playing mini-games and random events (i.e. "find Amy!"). However, I think different crates should go on sale. There could be standard crates (which are the items being released in Crate #1, not including "super rare"), holiday crates (which guarantee a type of holiday item), pin crates (guarantee regular pins and/or magic pins), and clothing crates (that guarantee anything from hats to shirts and shoes). Depending on the type of crate, the higher the price. The gold key could be used to access any of them, and you could buy the crates of the type of items that cater to your wants. Each crate-type will have their own set of average, rare, and super rares. For instance, in the pin crates, the super rare could be a magic like Fireworks magic, a rare would be Haunted Mansion pin, and an average could be one that was already released in the past or a catalog pin.

Again, this is only a suggestion. It would be something that would still make other people happy. (Especially since people have tried so hard to collect keys, it would be a shame to see them be out for sale.)

Ranch

keep it the same.. buying keys to gamble is LAME.. people buying them and losing won't make happy time when their bank roll is gone.. it will just bring about more quitter threads.

I'm fine with gambling my time rather than my credits.

Hipster

♥ нιρ ツ ♥
I would like to see them in the catalog, because I see a small amount of people with rares

we should at least increase the amount of keys so that winnings could be simpler for people with school, jobs, etc. and don't have time to play a game
here.

I personally don't like the key/crate system but it's probably because I've had such bad luck. I think if they were to stick around, I'd prefer to be able to buy keys in the shop. Except I think if they were going to be sold, it would be best if they were priced kind of high, that way they would still be something worth trading for.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I voted keys in the catalogue. I think it would stabilize the rarity of keys according to it's price.
I do like the system though. It's a nice new feature that we haven't seen in the game before. Crates are a good way to hand out a variety of items without releasing all of them in a store, etc.

I think gold keys should be the standard and the crates should differ (in design and in rewards, which I believe is how things are planned so far).

My suggestion is this...

'I would leave them as they are currently, but also add them to the catalog for sale. That way people who can't afford keys (I'm sure will be expensive) can still play games to obtain them or people who want to buy them simply can. This makes for a great option for all and should eliminate most of the complaining I am sure you are hearing right now. I think some people would even do a bit of both :).

AND for the people saying it is a waste of time playing to get keys...how do you think you are going to pay for the keys without playing the games? But if you had it both ways, you could play a little and buy some :).

Monorail

1. If keys are sold in the catalog, keep them in the games as well, and rotate out ALL the items received from the crates, including super-rares. Maybe rotate normal items on a weekly basis, and super-rares on a monthly.

2. Make crates available within games.

Personally, I think that Minnie, Stitch, and Green Flips need to stopped being gave out. They are losing there "super rare" value. Take them out for good and put in new super rares. But I feel that the reason why a lot of people have been quitting is because they feel that the key system has taken over the game and it has.

1. If keys are sold in the catalog, keep them in the games as well, and rotate out ALL the items received from the crates, including super-rares. Maybe rotate normal items on a weekly basis, and super-rares on a monthly.

2. Make crates available within games.

I agree with Monorail. Selling the keys in the catalog and keeping them in game as well while rotating out the items would be a great option.

I think the key to crate ratio should be 1 to 1, but having them in the catalog would be great too. if they are in the catalog would the keys be harder to get in fireworks and jc?