Thread Hijacking Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening,

Lately there has been an abundance of threads being hijacked in the trading post. We would like to remind everyone that the Trading Post is for determining values and trading only. Off topic comments that do not contribute to the thread are not permitted. Please reference our forum rule below:

Thread Hijacking
Thread hijacking is when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting go off topic, create a separate conversation, try to take over a thread, or anything similar in nature. This includes posting negative comments or comments that detract from the overall theme of a thread. In particular, anyone who posts value discussion, comments that a trade is not fair, offers to one up someone on a trade thread that is not their own, or anything of a similar nature will be considered to be thread hijacking and warned/infracted appropriately.
We would like to highlight an explain a specific part of this rule: "value discussion". This means that if any trade thread is in the "I'm Trading" or "Looking For" section of the trading post, it is against the rules to correct or inform someone of your opinion on values or of the trade itself. As always, feel free to Private Message a forums staff member if you have any questions.
We would like to highlight and explain a specific part of this rule: "value discussion". This means that if any trade thread is in the "I'm Trading" or "Looking For" section of the trading post, it is against the rules to correct or inform someone of your opinion on values or of the trade itself. As always, feel free to Private Message a forums staff member if you have any questions.

We appreciate the community's cooperation in this matter.

Best,
MyVMK Forums Staff

Last edited:

Lost

Good Evening,

Lately there has been an abundance of threads being hijacked in the trading post. We would like to remind everyone that the Trading Post is for determining values and trading only. Off topic comments that do not contribute to the thread are not permitted. Please reference our forum rule below:

We would like to highlight and explain a specific part of this rule: "value discussion". This means that if any trade thread is in the "I'm Trading" or "Looking For" section of the trading post, it is against the rules to correct or inform someone of your opinion on values or of the trade itself. As always, feel free to Private Message a forums staff member if you have any questions.

We appreciate the community's cooperation in this matter.

Best,
MyVMK Forums Staff
Out of curiosity if we think someone if offering a good deal in "Looking for" are we allowed to say "Wow that's a great deal, someone should accept this soon. Good luck" or something similar or would that be against the rules as well?

I'm glad this is being brought up though, I find it irritating when people hijack trading threads unnecessarily.

Positive remarks about a trade or the success of the trade are in general acceptable. We mostly want to curb the unnecessary fighting that comes when someone tells another that they are under/over valuing, etc by thread hijacking. And keep in mind we will look at each thread reported (not just in trades, but anywhere on the forums) on a case by case basis to see if the thread was hijacked or not.

@Genie is there a chance that players can delete posts in there own trade threads? It is really annoying and the thread Hijacking will continue no matter how many posts on the subject are made. With the ability to delete replies the whole Thread Hijacking would not be as much of a big deal.
We always look at reports and scan through the trading post. If someone is violating this rule, send in a report and we will fix it. I'm not saying no to your suggestion... but I do not believe it is necessary at this time.

Magnumopus

Let the Light shine within me!
Hello Genie,

Does this apply in private posts? I want to make sure I am sempatico with the rules and other friends trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.