VMK Launcher/Mac User Help

Hi friends,

I am having issues getting on lately and was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems or has a fix? I am a mac user and am using MyVMK Launcher, the last few days MyVMK has been loading ridiculously slow. I am still able to get on but it is taking a half an hour. And earlier today I wasn't able to get on at all. Then once I am finally on it takes a while to enter any room. It isn't a wifi issue.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

KaySeeKay15

There are a few other threads about this that you can either search for or I can link. But basically, MyVMK launcher is no longer supported by MyVMK and has been disconnected or whatever (IDK tech terms or what exactly happened). But it simply just isn't supported anymore. Although, there is a staff member currently making a new launcher. Until then, mac users are out of luck. I'm in the same boat as you, so I feel ya. Sorry I can't be more of help :-(

Wonder

Thank you all! I have been using the original dmg and it's still slow, I will try re downloading.

Thanks again I appreciate your help! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1483630773][/DOUBLEPOST]Update, after re-downloading it I got this error message:
Did you completely delete the original myvmk launcher file? And then try reinstalling it from the original dmg?
Also, when you reinstall, there should be a file that says something like "Going Slow? Use this to reset myvmk launcher" Idk the exact wording since I've never attempted to use that, but maybe give that a go.

Did you completely delete the original myvmk launcher file? And then try reinstalling it from the original dmg?
Also, when you reinstall, there should be a file that says something like "Going Slow? Use this to reset myvmk launcher" Idk the exact wording since I've never attempted to use that, but maybe give that a go.
I did what you suggested and it worked thank you!!!

Last edited:

Boulevard

Most Well-Known Member
I created another account on my mac and reinstalled launcher into that account. This worked for me. It's still slow to get on, but on my main mac account, I can never even get on. Hope this helps!

Chanman

From what I remember reading, myVMK Launcher basically translates myVMK to work on Macs in realtime. The more ram you have, the faster the game loads.

Most newer Mac's have 8 GB's of ram installed. Older models probably have 4... My computer has 16 because I do a lot of editing and need the additional ram. Hopefully the new software they're building works differently.