vmk_core/core.cct

Lost

I get this pop-up a lot when trying to login and when I get this pop up it stops the login process and I have to try again. Not sure why or what the problem is.

Anyone had this and fixed it?

Jasmine

I can't really help with the error, but I can tell you that a .cct file is a Director file. I'm kind of interested in it though, so I'll probably do some more research and see what I can find...

I've seen the second one time many times, but mainly only when installing Shockwave for the first time. It should go away after that if you allow it future access.

Lost

I can't really help with the error, but I can tell you that a .cct file is a Director file. I'm kind of interested in it though, so I'll probably do some more research and see what I can find...

I've seen the second one time many times, but mainly only when installing Shockwave for the first time. It should go away after that if you allow it future access.
In my other thread I posted I had problems with director there too :

So it looks like my problem is with director but I have no idea how to fix it lol.

gravebound

not actually a grave
In my other thread I posted I had problems with director there too :

So it looks like my problem is with director but I have no idea how to fix it lol.
i got this same message when i was installing shockwave when i joined the game, i hit ignore after several retries and it installed and i haven't had one single issue with shockwave.

which is really weird, because not only is shockwave ******** on a stick, but apparently that file is the downloader. :amazed:

Lost

Eh Im back to having the problem in the first pic a lot and when the game actually loads it takes like 1 hour+ to load and then just as I would get to the map, it says I lost connection lol.

It's not like I have a bad laptop either, this game just hates me :S

Jasmine

I've heard some people had issues with W8 and Shockwave, but I'm on 8.1 and I've never had any. Are you making sure to download the full version of Shockwave? Are you clicking "Need Shockwave Player for a different computer?" and then downloading it from there?

If you've done all of that, I'd just suggest downgrading Shockwave. I believe I had to do that on my old netbook. I don't use it anymore, but I didn't have any problems after that.

Lost

I've heard some people had issues with W8 and Shockwave, but I'm on 8.1 and I've never had any. Are you making sure to download the full version of Shockwave? Are you clicking "Need Shockwave Player for a different computer?" and then downloading it from there?

If you've done all of that, I'd just suggest downgrading Shockwave. I believe I had to do that on my old netbook. I don't use it anymore, but I didn't have any problems after that.
Yeah Im on W8 :/

Dont know what you mean by "Are you clicking "Need Shockwave Player for a different computer?" and then downloading it from there?"

As for full versions and downgrading, I've tried full versions and slim versions of shockwave, I've tried the newest, downgrading to the previous and one before that, downgrading to an earlier version altogether. Nothing has worked, if anything the older versions were worse.

The problem did start in like November or December when I uninstalled shockwave and reinstalled the newest version to try make the game load faster and since then problem after problem with any version I've tried. :/

Jasmine

Adobe recently updated their site, and on the left side you should see:
"Need Shockwave Player for a different computer?"

From there, it lets you choose your OS and you can also choose whether to download the full or slim version. That's how I do it, at least, and I've never had any problems with Shockwave. That's the only suggestion I can think of... other than trying to downgrade again. I remember months ago Jasmine said in a thread that a specific older version worked best. Do you know which version you downgraded to? I'd try 11 if I were you.

Good luck :S

I'm still looking into that first popup, by the way.

Lost

Adobe recently updated their site, and on the left side you should see:
"Need Shockwave Player for a different computer?"

From there, it lets you choose your OS and you can also choose whether to download the full or slim version. That's how I do it, at least, and I've never had any problems with Shockwave. That's the only suggestion I can think of... other than trying to downgrade again. I remember months ago Jasmine said in a thread that a specific older version worked best. Do you know which version you downgraded to? I'd try 11 if I were you.

Good luck :S

I'm still looking into that first popup, by the way.
Ah I just clicked download now for the new version. I'll try that.

As for downgrading I've tried 11.6.8.638 full and slim, 11.6.7.637 full and slim, and a few older versions.

Thanks by the way :)