Welcome Back to MyVMK Forums!

Hey guys,

As you all know, we were hacked yesterday. This issue has been resolved thankfully.

For security reasons, we have downgraded to vBulletin 3.8.7.

We have a big 'To Do' list obviously as there is a lot of things that need to be sorted. Please bear with us as we get through everything.

Please reply if you have any further requests for the forum :)

If you have any concerns/queries about anything, please do not hesitate to PM a member of staff and they will be happy to assist you.
Due to an influx in PMs, there may be a delay in response so please be patient.

Thank you for the cooperation as we restore the forumsm,
MyVMK Staff

Thank you for everything that you guys are doing, and like Whispered said, don't spend all your time on this. Take things easy. :) Love ya'll!!

E

everest_everest

request - mods and admins dont spend their entire day working on this and take time for themselves
Agreed. Thanks for all the hard work, but make sure you don't work too hard. After all, this is just something you volunteer to do... :)

Jasmine

I hope you guys know that 4.2.2 PL1 (and any subsequent versions of 4.x) is, in the long run, going to be much more secure than any version of vB3 (including 3.8.8), as it's been EOL and vulnerable for years now.

Last edited:

Jasmine

Noticed Forum Troubles
  • Some of the BBcode formatting that was used before the software change does not work with the current forum software. Is there anyway to fix this without manually having to edit each post?
  • I use Google Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m. I have my post settings set to show a WYSIWYG editor ("Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"), but I only seem to have a standard editor ("Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls").
  • The link to view the game events for the month (http://forums.myvmk.com/showthread.php?10666-MyVMK-HOST-Events-Schedule-February-2014) is not working. Could this be fixed?
1) Same software, just an older version. So like, spoilers for example, will be formatted correctly once the spoiler BBCode is added. Other ones, like [SIGPIC] won't be changed unless someone manually does it - say, they upload another signature. Basically, it depends on which tag you're specifically talking about. Generally though, once the tag is added back, everything should be alright!
2) They need to fix that. I agree, it's annoying xD
3) Links work differently in vB3 than they do in vB4. Here's the new link. :)

Hope that helped :p

WE GOT HACKED?! :( I never knew this of this by 100 percent.

It will take time for the forum to heal. We, the users, appreciate the effort to repair the forum and patching up the wounds from the hackers.

oatman

I hope you guys know that 4.2.2 PL1 (and any subsequent versions of 4.x) is, in the long run, going to be much more secure than any version of vB3 (including 3.8.8), as it's been EOL and vulnerable for years now.
Nope, as somebody who has spent a very considerable time hacking forums in the past I can assure you that 3.8.7 has no known/public exploits. It's a pretty solid build regardless of the fact that Jellsoft is no longer supporting it. They just need to pay close attention as to what plugins they install.