Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
Hello everyone! I'm Amy, most of you probably know me from another VMK recreation attempt.

With the other revival (OpenVMK), I developed 100% of the server code, and they decided to throw me out. The main reason they had for this was me apparently putting malicious files in the game. Before saying anything else, I need to state that I did not do this. They thought this because of an adobe file that was attempting to download itself occasionally when you open the game. It was named adobeshockwavextra.exe or something along those lines, I can't really remember.

This had nothing to do with me and was 100% to do with Shockwave. The reason they thought this was because of similarities in the size of the main DCR file for the game and the file that was trying to be downloaded (700kb to 760kb). The main DCR file is usually supposed to be a lot smaller. The reason it gets so big is because of a bug in Director (the tool you use to create shockwave content). Basically, if you constantly resave and recompress it, the files get progressively bigger. I'm not sure why.

The problem mentioned above was also experienced by another file, vmk_openvmk.cct. The difference with that one is that I recreated that file (copy and pasted the scripts out of it) before uploading. I didn't do that with the main DCR file just because it takes longer. I will be doing it this time though so you don't have to have any concerns about that.

They even admitted that the files in the game weren't malicious, on two separate occasions in announcements. They deleted the announcements for reasons I can't even begin to understand. It's funny though, they knew that it wasn't a virus WAY before the first announcement was posted. The worst part is they also said two people had been infected, but it wouldn't affect anyone else? Well if that's the case it wasn't in the game... and if it was in the game they'd have no way of getting rid of it.

Anyway, on to a better subject than the false accusations I've had thrown my way... This is going to be my continuation of the project I've worked on. The game should be up quite soon. Before all of that stuff happened with OpenVMK, I had started work on fireworks!

So it shouldn't be long until we see that working fully! Minigames are one of the things I was the most excited to see working. Why? Well, that's the point when people aren't as restricted with how many credits they can earn in a day! With a game like fireworks surfacing, you'll be able to earn credits and make your rooms without waiting 12 hours for your next instalment from Esmeralda and the Yeti!

For the opening date, I won't post one but it should be some time in the next few days, most likely tomorrow. We have a lot to work out in a small space of time though, so bare with us!

Server-wise one of the things I need to do is work on a good amount of stability and performance improvements. Once that's done we shouldn't see any lag even if the server gets maxed out! That was a big problem with the server before, and I was too focused on everything else to ever work on fixing it. However, now I have a plan for it and moving forward it shouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, I wanted to thank you. The whole reason I started working on VMK in the first place was to try and make people happy. I know how many people care about the game, and I just wanted to bring it back to all of you so you could play it again! I didn't actually play VMK when it was open (I went on it once for about an hour, if that), but since working on it I've began to love the game and its fans. Thank you so much for your support. It meant a lot after what happened.

P.S. The game will be handled a lot more carefully than OpenVMK was in terms of well... everything! :)

Lettie

Amy, I am so glad to hear from you and about MMK.
I've been waiting for this all night.

Me, Graham, TheLittleMermaid, PrinceSimpleWater, Chanel, and many many more have been supporting you and getting other people to see your side.

I'm SUPER duper excited for MMK. Thank you so so so so so much for this.

We all really appreciate it and our looking forward to begin our journey with MMK. :) <3

Amy, you are amazing!

I don't know why all these people are being so ridiculous, but I want you to know that I back you 100%!
I am always here for you!
And you don't know how pleased I am to hear that you're continuing!

I'm not going anywhere! C:

Amy it's wrong what they did to you and it's so great to see you're going through with this and continuing to make this game possible without the traitors. I know it will turn out great with you working on it. No matter what happens, we're all with you.

cruise

Thank you for all of your efforts to bring this game to life! I loved VMK and just hanging with friends. Excited for mini games, especially pirates!!! If you need a tester for pirates please let me be the first in line for that, LOL!!!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I cannot wait to see the game reopen.

I am on my computer every day if you ever need any sort of assistance.

Thanks so much.

I'm confused with what's going on, but I think I'm just going to go with it.
Thanks, Amy :)

Really happy to see you back and in good spirits Amy. During this entire process you handled yourself with the elegance and grace of a woman and not the bitter scorn of a child...this speaks VOLUMES for your character!
My family and I certainly enjoyed the few days in the old park, I was ecstatic with the release of the stitch hat (it was the last hat I obtained in VMK before it closed) and I just loved walking around and reminiscing. (I even found some old friends I knew!)

I hope you are able to recreate that safe, warm environment again!!!

~Namaste!~

Icy

This makes me so happy to hear! I was always on your side, the other staff members always seemed 'off' to me and were always rude. Whenever I brought up the controversy on the shoutbox I got yelled at and threatened to drop it. LONG LIVE VMK. Thank you so much Amy, you truly are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.