What do YOU want to happen with the game?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amy, Sep 11, 2016.

1. VMK_Schweetz

VMK_Schweetz Game Administrator Game Administrator MyVMK Designer MyVMK Staff

In-Game Name:
    VMK_Schweetz
    We are working on making new loading screens. The one before the current loading screens cannot be re-released because the designer who made that loading screen will not allow us to use their designs for the game anymore. Also, the loading screens that are currently being used were only intended for being used for the duration of Pixar Month.

2. Youtherevmk

Youtherevmk Official Town Idiot

In-Game Name:
    Youthere
    You were contacted by a game designer to not use OG splash artwork?

3. HOST_Pegasus

HOST_Pegasus MyVMK HOST MyVMK Staff

In-Game Name:
    HOST_Pegasus
    My apologies, I personally hadn't seen this sooner otherwise I would have responded!

As was mentioned by players after, Hide and Seek does have some structure to it, it just hasn't been well explained yet! We will send an alert and tweet 15 minutes prior to beginning the round. Staff hide simultaneously, and once we are found we make the trade with the first person to correctly say the statement "I found you STAFF_Name", using this exact format, adjusted to the staff member's name. Once the trade has been completed, we move on to hide in a new location. Campers are still a problem despite our best efforts to eliminate them. If there are campers in a room, we simply move onto another hiding spot where there are no campers. It unfortunately does take away from the experience of everyone else as it is one room guaranteed to not have a staff member in, so long as someone is camping there. There is no set number of hides, it all depends on how quickly we are found. At the end of the round once all staff members have been found, we will send another alert to state that we have been found. If player activity decreases and it seems to be taking a while for a staff member to be found, we will send an alert with a hint indicating where said staff member(s) is hiding to help players find them, such as that example you're referring to.

Moving forward, we can discuss sending alerts with more notice, such as 30 minutes as was previously suggested here, and also to state how many staff members are hiding. However I do not believe there is any thought to sending alerts every time a staff member has been found. We will also discuss running the events at a wider variety of times to accommodate for varying schedules and time zones.

Speaking for myself, Hide and Seek is a fun event that does get slightly easier the more you participate. Don't give up faith if it takes you a while to get into the swing of things (:

Princesslittletop and Hopper like this.
  4. riddleguy

riddleguy Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    Riddleguy
    @HOST_Pegasus Having partipated in more hide and seek events and even managing to get a pin...i think hide and seek is fine as it is. But i think looking into sending alerts with more notice and running at wider variety of times is a good idea. Also maybe see if there is some way to alleive frustration for first time players? I think simply saying what you said in an alert or the calendar desc would be good enough! "Hide and Seek is a fun event that does get slightly easier the more you participate. Don't give up faith if it takes you a while to get into the swing of things (:" if i had seen that sentence in the event info ...i probobly wouldnt have complained.

VickyMouse and VMK_Schweetz like this.
  5. miimagination

miimagination Member

In-Game Name:
    miimagination
    Hi Amy
    It would be nice to be able to purchase the rooms that the original game had for reasonable credits and to be able to play POTC and other games without glitches and lagging. I remember how smooth the ships would sale and when u shot the cannons, they would dispense at the time u hit the button on ur keyboard. If the games were more precise and GUI friendly, I personally think you would see a nice influx on users of MyVMKPal. This game is TRULY the next best thing (Virtually) to Disney themed attractions. Thank you.

6. RockStar_PoohBear

RockStar_PoohBear Lover of Jonas and Boy Bands

In-Game Name:
    RockStar_Olivia
    More room competitions. I think they'd be fun

carolynwonderland and Gibbyy like this.
  7. Gibbyy

Gibbyy Boojee Member

In-Game Name:
    Gibbyy
    i would really like a room comp to liven up the party :D

8. Kadsx

Kadsx some people like grape juice

In-Game Name:
    Kads
    The economy of this game is a little crazy. I've seen people trying to sell their ultra rares for over a million credits! I'd have to sell my entire inventory and play POTC for days on end to even come close to that. Re-release the things you can, even put older, rarer items in stuff like the pods and crates just to stimulate the economy more. Also, definitely agree with room competitions! Those were the bomb.

9. Cowboy_Pirate

Cowboy_Pirate Princess Extraordinaire

In-Game Name:
    Cowboy_Pirate
    I second Kadsx ^

10. Pocahontas1

Pocahontas1 Member

In-Game Name:
    pocahontas
    i completely agree with this i used to gert on all the time and havent been on for years and noone ever comes on any ore after the old staff got fired.... the graphics cant compare anymore to what they used to be.. i wish i could say i look forward to new stuff but half the time i look at the items like....... is this for real..

Rosey likes this.
  11. Famous

Famous sad reacts o n l y

In-Game Name:
    Famous
    I'd like to see the quests working again... especially the space quest since you can only access the inner space store with space magic.
    Or just sell quest kiosks in the shop tab.

HapaBruja and captainfuzzyface like this.
  12. Matt

Matt IGN: Streetlight

In-Game Name:
    Streetlight
    I agree with you on this one ALOT! I just started playing again and I feel so lost on whats "rare" and whats not. Everyone just wants to farm credits to get the ultras and I feel really left out of the community and economy.

Rosey, Kadsx and captainfuzzyface like this.
  13. riddleguy

In-Game Name:
    Riddleguy
    I would like to see quest kiosks made cheap(1-2k) until they are fixed. Last i checked, quest kiosks cost 30k but theres a bug where quest kiosks stop working after its used once. More player quests would liven up the game but not many people want to pay 30k for a bugged quest kiosk.

14. CoralHibiscus

CoralHibiscus CoralHibiscuits :D

In-Game Name:
    CoralHibiscus / ClintBarton
    I would like to see a single player version of Haunted Mansion added to the game.

15. captainfuzzyface

captainfuzzyface New Member

In-Game Name:
    Captainfuzzyface
    I worked on the media side of the gaming industry and when i play this Gem there are just a couple of things missing (besides the players).

On the guest room page you can see a player count. you want to talk? well there are 3 players in this room. i wish there was a counter for the kingdom rooms, and i know they are all in Fantasy courtyard but it would be nice to know if there was a party at the dungeon.

will there be a holiday make over? Nice pumpkins or Christmas decorations.

Then there is the shrinking player base. what causes this?
    how can new players find VMK?
    what can they do here besides grinding the rides for a sword pulling magic pin.
    what would make this game fun to stream? and would Disney like this game to be popular?

On the forum there are big post about quest, partys and prizes but to be honest i have no clue how this works. There were tickets and a meeting at the Esplanade but isn't it simpler to use the quest machines at VMK central? and are there still quest ? like a hidden mickey photo quest? the drivers licences?

Do people really need to use the forum to know about all the party and prizes stuff? cant we do that in game?

There was also something what i noticed on the form. There are a lot of this "What would you see/add/chance" post. In my country we have a nice theme park and dedicated fans (sometimes to dedicated) and they made a website and its really simple. If you have a idea about a see/add/chance you can submit it, give it a good reason and it will end up in a list. Once a week all the members get 3 votes and they vote on the best see/add/chance. So you can simply see what the top 10 see/add/chance are and we dont have to go trough 300 post. Did they fixed a big bugg or add the request to the game it goes off the list.

maybe i'm completely wrong about all of this and sorry for my bad English, hopefully i didn't confuse you with weird grammar.

Ken likes this.
  16. Ken

Ken will work for trades

In-Game Name:
    Ken
    I think that everyone on here has a duty to keep this game kicking and afloat...not just staff, and i know this has been said before but we need to be posting about the game, whether its on twitter, snapchat, facebook or wherever you feel you can hit a group of people who may be interested in the game. Spread the word and tell people just how fun this game can be, bring back the trading market, make the minigames packed every night, we definitely need to work hard to bring this game back to its former glory. As i said dont just leave it up to stuff, they already have enough on there plate to deal with. It's up to us to bring back the glory days of vmk and i think it can happen if we just try a bit harder...

captainfuzzyface likes this.
  17. captainfuzzyface

captainfuzzyface New Member

In-Game Name:
    Captainfuzzyface
    you have my vote, lets work out how we can attract new players and keep them here.

Ken likes this.
  18. masha

masha i don't appreciate your lack of sarcasm

I just want vmk to work properly again and not constantly lag :cry:

19. MoaningMyrtle

MoaningMyrtle Well-Known Member

Things I think vmk needs:
    -Hangout Events. There doesn't need to be a prize or anything but once a week schedule a hangout in a different room, so people can socialize and actually spend time in rooms other than the pirates lobby.
    -Item database. I'll go on the forums and see what people are trading and some things I have no idea what they even are. So if we had a database where you could just type in the objects name and a picture of it would show up, would be amazing.
    -Crates. Even though at times I hated them, I have never played vmk as much as I did back when the crates were a thing. Do you know how many shells I collected to get crates and keys back in the day?! (also, I kinda really miss the shells. I used to get so many credits from that. It was easy and you could actually talk to people while collecting them)
    -Player Counter. Something on the home screen that told you how many players are on and what the most popular rooms are would be helpful
    -Blind Bags. I remember at one point we used to get blind bags from playing HM, and I loved that. I think that needs to be brought back

MommyDearest and Wavves like this.
  20. riddleguy

In-Game Name:
    Riddleguy
    We had blind bags not too long ago for couples month you could get by playing HM. and you could also earn them from fireworks,jungle cruise and pirates.