What do YOU want to happen with the game?

Murkle

“Don't let the muggles get you down.”
More Throwback days
More Events
New Items
More room than ride rooms add like Maze or games (Trivia,Chess,etc)
More meet the staff (Like meet up and talk about whats going in the game like a progress check up)
More Months like Dream Month
There is more but these are the most high on the list i believe

This is an issue even for me, however could be that we both have older laptops. Since i have friends that when i can't get on or it takes 5-10mins to login, they login within a minute. But there also running a $1000+ laptop. However VMK ran on 10 year old desktops fine, so why is there issues now with much faster computers? I also run into loading to the 2nd load bar screen and instantly crashes over and over. only way to fix it is to restart the computer. Which gets annoying.
All of that depends on your processors. Laptops usually process things slower then desktops because they're literally small desktops which means smaller components (aka processor) but yes usually laptop can be dragged down a lot more since there's less memory so if you don't keep your computer system cleaned and updated they can become significantly slower. But you don't need $1000+ laptop; just try clearing old files out and do a system clean up and it should be running better :)

If controllable and still pertinent, a faster login load time and the game freeze glitch after logging on fixed. I know when I used to want to play that a slow login time, not being to log in at all, or the game freezing after trying to login left me not to even bother.

Also, a new fresh look for the forums and homepage would be nice. Maintain a creative, professional, and preferably energetic staff team. Keep ideas clean and fresh with new high quality events, items, and newsletters.

Just simple suggestions, which may or may not have been already addressed :)
If you haven't already discovered this you can actually change the layout on your forums to fancy it up a bit. There's many options to choose from. I'm assuming if you have the basic layout it'll say MyVMK. Just scroll down to it on the bottom left across from Contact Us/Help/Home/Top. Hover over that it should say style chooser. Mine is Pluto atm, I love it :)

tashaactress

My full name is Anastacia:)
I want Descendants costumes to come out. That would be nice. Also I would like to bann the misbehaved people on the game. I feel that they don't deserve to be on here.

destineehart

i think it's cool you're asking for suggestions. it gives us all a chance to share ideas and possibly improve :halcyon: i just appreciate the game exists and i understand that this isn't your job and you all have lives and you can't please everyone. you have really dealt with a lot just to make this happen for us and i want to thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this recreation. i recognize you aren't obligated to keep this game running just so we can play. you guys are doing what you can and that's all that matters.

i would love to see old rares and crates and stuff to give people more of an incentive to play, i think that would be really cool. :)

Reading the thread, I'll help out where I can.

I'll start working on a basic trivia room today. Will be different themes, different questions. From animation of all types. Disney, Marvel, Star Wars. Classic, Modern. Even venturing out to different companies if people are down with that.

I'll get some help making a good chill-hang out lounge. I'll put some work where necessary. If anyone wants to volunteer to help, that's more than fine.

As for what I'd like to see, as said. Patrolling HOSTS and staff. People to be a bit friendlier. Exclusives in the stores would be great. More incentives to log on each day. Maybe update some different stores with different pins weekly or daily. I can think of a few. Can't design them worth anything but ayyy.

Things like NPC interaction like the Bayou. Crates. All of that would be good.

If it ever came to be possible and we could find a good graphic designer and the coding was even remotely able. I'd say taking a month or more to try and add a few new lands would be really mind-blowing. Star Wars and Marvel land? Or even Toy Story land? Yoooo.

I really miss the time that we had items pop up in rooms and you had to be the first to click on them like the pumpkins and so on. I also think, what really had a lot of people mad and stop playing was the time when the black skull beanie was a minute release. It said you would be doing more of these and nothing has ever happened. People got upset they didn't get 1 and staffs answer was don't worry there will be more items released like that. I have yet to see another release. I also love double credits and I 'm not sure if they still even do them. I am also a Pan and Alice rider and I would love to see new pins in there and maybe even more big amounts of credits. The Clam game was fun when it gave 50 credits not 10 and it also allowed people to visit with each other. I'm really not sure where everyone has gone but it seems a bit sad. I used to play or at least log on every single day and now I find myself only coming on once a week.

If you haven't already discovered this you can actually change the layout on your forums to fancy it up a bit. There's many options to choose from. I'm assuming if you have the basic layout it'll say MyVMK. Just scroll down to it on the bottom left across from Contact Us/Help/Home/Top. Hover over that it should say style chooser. Mine is Pluto atm, I love it :)
Oh yes, I know about the other skins ^.^ I just thought a different, new, and improved forum and game homepage default layout and skin may be something to look into by the graphic designer for the new year.

Sure it may not be necessary, but it would be a welcome change if executed well. It's the first thing new players see and existing players see when they log on. Having something fresh and nice to look at is something unspokeningly pleasant and indirectly makes the experience better. Sort of like how you can admire new art or something in life with a certain pleasing aesthetic can subconsciously give good vibes and draw interest. Thus, aesthetic or appearance is also an important advertising aspect of selling a service in a business or product by producing a certain brand image that encompasses what that product or service is about and entices customers to pick up that service or buy that product. Humans are visual creatures *shrug*

Just a suggestion though :)

"No household should need more then 2 accounts period. Maybe 3 tops."

Um...would you suggest myself, my wife, my son or my daughter stop playing?[DOUBLEPOST=1474915476][/DOUBLEPOST]I think most of us would like to see more players in the game. When someone new enters a trade room, be nice....offer to give them something or give them tips on the game. If someone is starting three years behind the rest of us, it makes it very difficult to find a compelling reason to play when you know you can never catch up. I joined myvmk just before green crates were released. Had this not been the case, I probably wouldn't be playing at this moment. One of us was lucky to pull green flips from the crate (I don't even remember who won the item, but we decided we would trade a big win away for some lesser items which we each wanted). This allowed us each to get somewhat of a head start in the game. The next big opportunity came during the Christmas giveaway event, where my daughter won a Stitch hat and my wife received a Princess Minnie hat. I got a PPR waterfall. Events such as these are great ways to get newer players excited about items that would likely be out of their grasp. It would also minimize the huge inflation that is occurring at the moment. Ultra rare items have literally doubled in price over the past few months....I saw Inferno trading for well over 2 million credits yesterday. Putting a few more black flips, Stitch hats and expensive items into the game would be a plus. There have been several great ways of accomplishing this mentioned in previous posts such as more/revised crates, limited time flash sales, giveaways, or even selling some rare items at high prices (i.e. buy a Stitch hat for 700k....thereby retaining the value but allowing more players to get a desired item). The game will not be robust and the longterm health will not improve unless more people are in the game. Leveling the playing field a bit for newer players would help.

Last edited:
Definitely quests, crates, and little things, like when you click on Esmerelda and she says to go to a certain place, have little adventures, and events for everyone. Its now basically, just a chat room in a sense, but if you were to make it more of a game and where people can com together and have fun with adenture, this VMK will have the potential to become huge again. Thank you so much for asking everyone what changes can be made, i never want to let this game go, so all of us can make it become bigger and better every step of the way!
Also like someone commented, The waiter from the Blue Bayou- having little things like him serving, would be awesome. You can even add more than what the original VMK had, either more lands or more detail or little things.
<3
Mallobayou

Well personally as much as I love this game and community, it has pretty much turned into a dead zone. We NEED to have more people join the game. I'd love it if we could implement a way to invite more people. For example what if there was a specific referral link code given to each player. Give us users incentives for referring other people. Refer 1 person get 500c, Refer 5 get a special non-tradeable pin, Refer 10 and get a special shirt, hat or even an outfit. Just something to help us recommend the game to others. We play the game on a daily basis so it's easy for us to explain it to others.

Who knows maybe there needs to be better promotion of the game itself. Really the only people playing the game are those who played the original VMK. Most stumbled across this site just by searching VMK in a search engine. What about the people who did not play VMK, how can we get them to join our community?

I'm definitely more of a morning player because it works well with my schedule but it seems like I see the same people every day. Half, if not most do not utter even a single word. In fact, there are some whom I've seen since I started this game about 2 years ago who have never said one single word. I get that this is a game but it's a social game. If you're not chatting with friends and players why are you even playing? I'm not saying this to be rude or mean but the point of this game is to be a Disney centered chat room. Join into a conversation once in a while, hardly any of us bite. To be completely honest nearly 99% of the people who play this game are just happy, chill and friendly people. That's what makes this community so great.

I honestly wish to see this community grow. When I first started playing this game I was immediately greeted by many. People gave me donations and instantly made feel a part of the community. It wasn't every man for himself but instead, it had a family aspect. I'm not saying that we have lost that sense, but with the way things are going we are slowly falling on thin ice. Let's bring back the original aspect of the game. Let's put aside the past and let bygones by bygones. I get it, there was some serious beef going on in the game that needed to be stopped. I was on a long hiatus during that time period so I don't know much of what happened nor do I really care. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to STRENGTHEN this community rather than PICK IT PART. If we pick too far there will be nothing left and the game will be left hollow.

Nearly everyone here who posted had some amazing ideas to bring to the community. It's great that we care so much about this game that we want it to succeed rather than fail. Let's create a community ideas committee where players can see the progress that is being made towards new goals. Ask us players what we like and don't like about the game on a monthly basis. If something doesn't work fix it, if it does work PLEASE don't fix it. It's pretty simple.

To everyone who plays MyVMK you are all the best and I am so glad to be a part of this game. Like most of you, I plan to be with this game for a long time. I see big changes coming to the game and they are good ones! So sorry for the long winded post and truly sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention at all.

Peace, Love and Thanks! - Moogle

Yalas

Order of Merlin, Second Class
I know that many people are really wanting more quests, but quests, events, games, designing new items, fixing bugs/glitches, and general coding, that is a lot for the staff to handle. That's not even counting making appearances and enjoying the game themselves. One way we could improve the game while also easing the load on staff is to "hire" a number of avid players to help design quests. We already have best room, game room prizes, why not there be a forum or submission of quest ideas that have enough details to pitch the idea and have the community, staff, or a panel of knowledgeable players vote and decide on these submits. And I use hire in quotes because they could be compensated in credits or in a non-tradeable pin that has "quest designer" something that can make a bit of exclusivity while also pushing new and becoming players to aspire to one day get that "Quest Designer" pin, something that many hours of playing POTC or farming credits cannot get them.

I think that having maybe quests available each week/day beyond just the host games, would increase people's attendance, their interactivity, and their overall enjoyment of the game. If there is an especially difficult quest, then players can help each other with answers, directions, or just giving them company while they scour the kingdom.

Thanks for the opportunity for input.
-Yalas

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
I'd love it if we could implement a way to invite more people. For example what if there was a specific referral link code given to each player. Give us users incentives for referring other people. Refer 1 person get 500c, Refer 5 get a special non-tradeable pin, Refer 10 and get a special shirt, hat or even an outfit.
One way we could improve the game while also easing the load on staff is to "hire" a number of avid players to help design quests. We already have best room, game room prizes, why not there be a forum or submission of quest ideas that have enough details to pitch the idea and have the community, staff, or a panel of knowledgeable players vote and decide on these submits. And I use hire in quotes because they could be compensated in credits or in a non-tradeable pin that has "quest designer" something that can make a bit of exclusivity while also pushing new and becoming players to aspire to one day get that "Quest Designer" pin, something that many hours of playing POTC or farming credits cannot get them.
i agree with both of these ideas.

others have said about the items on the floor minigames which i think were the life of the game tbh. introducing them again shouldnt be too much work since the coding already exists right? even just using the same images would be fine probably. having items spawn rarely in public rooms and slightly more often in specific public rooms on a rotating basis would keep it fresh

i havent played in AGES so idk whats going on but apparently theres a lot of credits in circulation? im thinking then to create slot machines with scaling set prices(50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, etc) that increase the chance of winning from almost nothing up to like 50% and don't affect the prizes available(so if you spend more money each pull, the chance is better, but anyone can get ANY of the prize list by random chance)
added bonus to this is that it would be within a public room where ppl could chat [addressing two problems at once]

i agree with both of these ideas.

others have said about the items on the floor minigames which i think were the life of the game tbh. introducing them again shouldnt be too much work since the coding already exists right? even just using the same images would be fine probably. having items spawn rarely in public rooms and slightly more often in specific public rooms on a rotating basis would keep it fresh

i havent played in AGES so idk whats going on but apparently theres a lot of credits in circulation? im thinking then to create slot machines with scaling set prices(50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, 10000, etc) that increase the chance of winning from almost nothing up to like 50% and don't affect the prizes available(so if you spend more money each pull, the chance is better, but anyone can get ANY of the prize list by random chance)
added bonus to this is that it would be within a public room where ppl could chat [addressing two problems at once]
OMG the slot machines in the Penny Arcade would be a great idea! It would make a mostly unused public room more popular.

Ok I need to say that I feel you guys could have done so much more with the royalty month. I feel like everyone (mostly the girls lol) was SO excited for this and mostly what we got was the rereleases and beauty and the beast / princess and the frog furniture and then recolors... everyone was expecting so much more and I just feel it wasn't delivered. We didn't even get a full dress we just got a top... and I also think that the royal room building should have been done the previous month and then had the rooms open for judging throughout the royal month cause now it's Halloween decor everywhere and then there's palace rooms lol just would be more aesthetic to have the rooms open during royal month instead of being constructed then and open during halloween month lol

gypsyrose

I might as well just copy and paste what @Littlebelle said! I agree with all of it and couldn't have said it better! Something needs to change before this game runs itself into the ground.

I agree with vmkfan however, I doubt many of the old staff will come back. I was so excited to be back however the game is dying and each month it dies some more. The first days back were wonderful lots of excitement and hope. After delays in items and lack of communication I see the flow of players leaving continuing. The lack of host events still not posted says more than anything else.

My question is what is going on!!!!!!!!!!! I do not even know who the admin is for the game. However, with 2 staff leaving so shortly after being rehired it does raise questions why. The admin is responsible for communicating with the players. I have yet to see any from whoever that will be. Yes, I hear gossip and do not know what to believe. Is the person doing the admin just doing it temporarily until it is decided who that should be. I can still love a player but not like how they run an event or lead. Though right now I have no issues with hosts just some need building help.

You need an admin that is confident in their abilities that can encourage everyone with positives. That truly knows how to lead and bring out the best in all of the staff is a good listener and can see both sides and work with building bridges when problems arise not burn then down. I am not sure this is happening. It might, but I am not seeing evidence of this that is translating to the players. So, if I think it is who I have been told, I think unfortunately you may need to make a change, just do not think it is the right fit at the moment. Does not mean that someday they can not do this, just if it is not working they may need to move to another position. The admin to me has the most important role in the game next to you.

Communication is the key. This has been the biggest flaw. For 2 months now this game has had not much communication on what is going on. Why items are late. Like we just hire new graphics people they needed time to make items. There was a glitch in the game and some items are not working right. People have gone off to college and are balancing their schedules so host events are delayed for a bit etc. People need reasons not just a quick sorry for the delay. Because this happens so often now it is becoming the norm. A norm that is not good for the game.

Your biggest hurdle is building trust again. To bring players back. I am not even sure if this game can ever get fixed. So much has happened over the last year and a half. It is very sad walking around the kingdom and seeing hardly any people on. Now this could also be because many have started college again. However so many came back the first week of July and have not been back since.

So here are my tips:

On staff application do not ask for age. If you are concerned with someone being to young have have a few boxes. Under 18, 19-25 and over 25. I think some of the older players may not like having to put their age down. You might get more applying. Since age is not really a factor if you know what type of player they are and they have shown good leadership in the kingdom.

Also, if you have people that would make good hosts but are terrible builders maybe have a group of volunteers that can work with them on creating great rooms. One of the things we all looked forward to was great built rooms for host events. Seeing items that might come out in the future was exciting. Use the talent you have in the game. Creating a building group to pull from. They would not have staff privileges but would help create great rooms while the hosts could create better games.

Stop worrying about new items when there are still lots of original game items that have yet to be released example Tower of Terror items.

To be honest we had a brief chance to make this game what is was 2 years ago. I think we have lost the opportunity now. The fact that this thread is not pages and pages long by now says volumes. Why because when all the drama started 1.5 years ago people pleaded with you Amy. Poured their hearts out to you. Over 80% of the population was against your decision. You chose a "friend" over the community. I hope you are not making that same mistake again with all your staff choices. (Though I have no issues with anyone right now, the staff you do have might) I am not privy to what is happening on the inside. You have a great talent in coding. A wonderful skill. You now need great graphics people and and extremely wise and strong admin who can work to bring players back to the game. Until you have a well balanced staff group that can not happen. So if people have not applied and are great leaders in the game. Encourage them to try. Maybe give them small responsibilities to see if they would like to to become staff. For there might be some great people out there that take the role very seriously but lack confidence on how to run the admin board for their roles.

I would also suggest an in game message so people who do not come to these forums know they can message you or post on this board.

For me I have enjoyed walking back into the kingdom. I have seen a much happier place with less bullying of people though it does still exist it is so much better. I have offered any help I can give. So you asked and here is my thoughts.

Also why did Tink leave again. I am amazed she even agreed to give this game a second chance with her designs. Was whatever the problem was, worth pushing her out the door again? You may have created this game which many many people myself included are so thankful for. However, you are still learning how to run a game. It is almost impossible to do everything. So step back find an admin all the staff are comfortable with. Build the bridges back up again. Focus hard on your coding. Hope people come back in a month or 2.

Thank you for posting this question. I am still willing to help you in any way and not being on staff I might be an unbias listener. I am sure there are many players who could be too. That do not need to be staff to be an encouragement to you.

Angelo

Oh yes, I know about the other skins ^.^ I just thought a different, new, and improved forum and game homepage default layout and skin may be something to look into by the graphic designer for the new year.

Sure it may not be necessary, but it would be a welcome change if executed well. It's the first thing new players see and existing players see when they log on. Having something fresh and nice to look at is something unspokeningly pleasant and indirectly makes the experience better. Sort of like how you can admire new art or something in life with a certain pleasing aesthetic can subconsciously give good vibes and draw interest. Thus, aesthetic or appearance is also an important advertising aspect of selling a service in a business or product by producing a certain brand image that encompasses what that product or service is about and entices customers to pick up that service or buy that product. Humans are visual creatures *shrug*

Just a suggestion though :)
I agree with this. A homepage definitely plays a subtle part with the overall experience of a game and can definitely turn new visitors away if it's not that appealing. And right now, the current homepage is a bit dull imo. It's clean, but doesn't feel magical and alive how a Disney based game should feel. I think someone mentioned adding back the popular rooms list which would possibly benefit both the website and actual gameplay. Maybe also adding a feature that allows us to see which of our friends are online directly from the homepage. Not a main priority but little things like that can go a long way.

I also believe a new client is mandatory like other people are saying because shockwave really is a drawback. I know you guys have been aware of this, but updates for the progress of the new one came to a stop.. so is it still being worked on? Is Gift Giving still being worked on? As long as you keep us informed with everything going on, I think people will be satisfied. Communication is key.

As for things within the game....
Perhaps new rides, more contests, updating some of the graphics to make things less outdated, and re-implementing all the mini-games where we would get codes for stuff.