What do YOU want to happen with the game?

One big thing I think should happen is the quest deck purchase price should be lowered. 30k for something that you make to give things away for people who participate is extremely high. I realize this was the cost of it in the original game as well, but I think it is something that should be reconsidered. This is not to say make them free, but I think 30k is way to high, especially if you want to use creds as a prize.

Ness

I've been gone for almost three years, so I can't chime in on any of the community aspects that may need to change, but what I can say is - I cannot play. There's nothing I haven't tried at this point. I was able to play in 2013, but not anymore. I've tried multiple versions of Shockwave, ranging from ones that were current when VMK existed, to the most current version. I have scoured the forums looking for people who have the disconnect loop, I've updated and downgraded Flash, tried MyVMK Pal, etc,. The game simply doesn't work for me anymore, no matter what I've tried.

Flash and Shockwave are going (and practically already have gone) the way of the dinosaur. Everyone on here should know that MyVMK doesn't work with Google Chrome anymore, and when you consider that Google Chrome dominates the desktop browser market, you're alienating almost 50% of total internet users. That's a ridiculously big number. Granted, while I took this number from Wikipedia, and while it might not be correct, I do know that Google Chrome is definitely the most used browser.

Assuming that the 49.02% statistic is correct, that means 50% of the internet is already barred from playing MyVMK due to the aging format it currently uses. And this ties directly into what I think is needed for the longevity of the game - it needs to be rewritten and made able to work on current browsers in 2016. While I'm sure this is a very hard task, I think it's basically the only way MyVMK can survive into the future, especially if you consider the already niche market the game is in. Restricting yourself even more won't help it grow, it'll do the opposite. A new user isn't going to spend the time trying to play the game if they cannot immediately get in - they will simply just leave.

Also, if anyone does know a way to fix my problem, please let me know. I would like to play the game again. Feel free to PM me if you do.

I've been gone for almost three years, so I can't chime in on any of the community aspects that may need to change, but what I can say is - I cannot play. There's nothing I haven't tried at this point. I was able to play in 2013, but not anymore. I've tried multiple versions of Shockwave, ranging from ones that were current when VMK existed, to the most current version. I have scoured the forums looking for people who have the disconnect loop, I've updated and downgraded Flash, tried MyVMK Pal, etc,. The game simply doesn't work for me anymore, no matter what I've tried.

Flash and Shockwave are going (and practically already have gone) the way of the dinosaur. Everyone on here should know that MyVMK doesn't work with Google Chrome anymore, and when you consider that Google Chrome dominates the desktop browser market, you're alienating almost 50% of total internet users. That's a ridiculously big number. Granted, while I took this number from Wikipedia, and while it might not be correct, I do know that Google Chrome is definitely the most used browser.

Assuming that the 49.02% statistic is correct, that means 50% of the internet is already barred from playing MyVMK due to the aging format it currently uses. And this ties directly into what I think is needed for the longevity of the game - it needs to be rewritten and made able to work on current browsers in 2016. While I'm sure this is a very hard task, I think it's basically the only way MyVMK can survive into the future, especially if you consider the already niche market the game is in. Restricting yourself even more won't help it grow, it'll do the opposite. A new user isn't going to spend the time trying to play the game if they cannot immediately get in - they will simply just leave.

Also, if anyone does know a way to fix my problem, please let me know. I would like to play the game again. Feel free to PM me if you do.

Have you tried to use VMK Launcher? No offense, but Flash and Shockwave are still used to this day in a few things. Even in websites you visit the plug in is being used. It's not a way of the past and to be honest, even if it was people play this game for nostalgia of remembering VMK. @Amy has done an amazing job of giving us that gift of being able to revisit this and I can never thank her enough for it. I've been playing VMK on my mac book pro retina display since I first got here and never have had any issues. (I also am running on the latest version of both plug ins.) So I don't think it's a matter of downgrading what so ever either.

Ness

Have you tried to use VMK Launcher? No offense, but Flash and Shockwave are still used to this day in a few things. Even in websites you visit the plug in is being used. It's not a way of the past and to be honest, even if it was people play this game for nostalgia of remembering VMK. @Amy has done an amazing job of giving us that gift of being able to revisit this and I can never thank her enough for it. I've been playing VMK on my mac book pro retina display since I first got here and never have had any issues. (I also am running on the latest version of both plug ins.) So I don't think it's a matter of downgrading what so ever either.
I'm quite confused on what this has to do with my post. Flash is blocked by Google Chrome 53. (https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/08/flash-and-chrome.html) Mozilla is starting to block Flash as of Firefox 48. (https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2016/07/20/reducing-adobe-flash-usage-in-firefox/). It is a way of the past, whether we like it or not. The internet is moving towards HTML5 every day and this a unchangeable trend. Long gone are the days of .swf flash movies posted on Newgrounds and flash games posted all over the web. It is an old, dated format. You can either try and keep up, or stay firmly rooted in the past, but eventually, you're going to have to realize the internet moved on without you.

I've been playing VMK on my mac book pro retina display since I first got here and never have had any issues.
I didn't think MyVMK would launch directly on a Mac. I thought the only ways anyone had managed it was with MyVMK Experience and inside virtual machines running Microsoft Windows, which is actually how MyVMK Experience works. I've never been able to open MyVMK on my Mac except in a virtual machine myself, which is why I play on my Windows desktop instead. I'd love to hear about your experience in more detail in a dedicated thread as there are quite a few Mac users on here who have struggled with getting MyVMK to work for them.

Ultimately all of the major browsers are dropping plugin support altogether. Mozilla is planning to drop support for most NPAPI plugins by the end of this year with the exception of Adobe Flash Player, which is still firmly rooted in the Web. Chrome no longer supports legacy plugins but does have its own version of Adobe Flash Player built-in for the same reason. Microsoft has taken the same route with Edge, which has replaced Internet Explorer. In other words, anyone playing MyVMK at this point is either doing so inside an outdated Web browser such as Internet Explorer or an older version of Chrome, which is how MyVMK Pal works, or they are playing inside Mozilla Firefox, which may or may not continue to support Adobe Shockwave much further into the future. While the primary issue within MyVMK is a community and morale issue, the legacy code issue is also lurking about in the background just waiting to rear its head. The way I see it, that is a secondary issue, and the community issue must be addressed first. If Amy were to focus all of her attention on rewriting the entire game for modern Web browsers without the need of legacy plugins, then the conditions within MyVMK would continue to deteriorate to the point where no one would play the new version if it ever made it to fruition. The community and morale issues need to be addressed first, but we need to know that Amy has a plan going forward to ensure that MyVMK will continue to be playable in the future without needing to rely on legacy browsers, legacy plugins, and legacy code in general.

VMKfan

What I'd like to see... is everyone's ideas in this thread to be acknowledged at some point....
So many pages of great ideas and I want to at least know any of the mods/admin are even reading?..

:impatient:

I doubt it considering nothing has been done as of yet. Not even a response from administration except that she will work on getting a super rare back into the sword in the stone (which she still hasn't).

It's a shame really. All these good ideas just to let the players vent and then back to the old life.

I'm a little late with this and it may seem impossible since I don't know how long it takes to design in game items but I think Halloweentown pins/clothing/furniture would be such an amazing thing since Halloweentown I'm sure is most people's favorite. Just a suggestion, even if it can't happen this year, if and I hope the game is still running next year maybe it can happen then :)

sorachan

Animation Expert
Being here for quite some time, even before OVMK too. I always felt that nothing is keeping users to the game and that I don't see much encouragement to be social in the game. I recommend contests that give some users control and put their own item/idea in the game. I want to see room contests, like from the old vmk to come back, or notable rooms be awarded. I want to see club 33 come back, and maybe some game contests.

I would like to point out, how is my forum account older than yours @Amy :grizzly:

So are any of these points going to be implemented/taken into consideration? Or has this too fallen on deaf ears? @Amy
I was just about to bring this up... luckily I read through the comments. This thread is still relevant right? lol..

And I'm gonna have to side with CP about royal month, We did expect a lot and only received.. not well stuff. "you guys shouldn't have high expectations" excuse me but ?? we are literally giving suggestions here and actually have hope for anything on myvmk and we get "nothing".

It's been well over a month now. Where's the change?

Matt

IGN: Streetlight

I downloaded Safari to play, and it seems to be working just fine, you could try that out.

I haven't played played in a looooong time. What I really miss most is the popularity of the public rooms. Even now I got on and the most populated user room was populated by 4 players. At 8 PM. How does this change? That's how the old VMK was. Everyone was in every room.