What made you start playing VMK?

Noir

Pumpkin Queen
I honestly can't remember what drove me to play this game! I think I was in grade 5 or 6 when this game opened, I started playing a lot of "online world" games where you could create a character and live in a virtual world. Of course it started off with Habbo for me! I guess I eventually came upon VMK and realized that it was Disney, and just about cried of excitement. My entire pre-pubescent life revolved around VMK.... hahaha!

ACECpt.RICH

I came across an ad in a Disney Adventures magazine and checked it out. I didn't really understand the point at first so I left it for a couple months and picked it back up in the spring and was hooked until it closed.

I was probably 10 years old and at the time and I was super into playing the Sims games on Playstation. Then I thought there were probably games on the computer much like it. So I literally googled "computer games like Sims" lol, and several pages back into Google was VMK. I clicked on it, made my character, and didn't stop playing until it closed.

Then last month, I decided to randomly google "VMK" and I found this about a week before it opened. :) happy it is back.
So thank you Google. Haha.

I think it was a box of cereal that had an advertisement/flier inside it with a promo for the Pirate of the Caribbean game. I thought it looked interesting so I logged in to check it out.
Fun fact: I still have that flier somewhere. lol

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
And old real life friend from about 6th grade, her VMK name was dudekingdude introduced it to me during computer class one day and I was hooked since. I've never been to a Disney park and growing up loving Disney films and characters, it was a cool way for me to visit the parks and experience magic without the price tag. We haven't spoke in many years now but I still thank her for bringing me to this game. :thumbsup:

I didn't join till roughly 2006, so I wasn't around for the beta period or the opening of the game but I still loved it just the same.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I think I was just wandering around the disney site, and somehow came across the VMK site..

My sister was trying to convince me to get off our good computer, and use the old, slow computer we had upstairs. I refused until she said something, "Go play your VMK game up there." I had no idea what VMK was at the time, but I was curious as to what it was. [she only knew of it because her friend played it] So of course I went to the old computer and signed up. But the computer was too slow to even run the game, so after a while, I kicked my sister off the good computer and began playing. I instantly fell in love.

on a lovely box of frosted flakes, was a promo for vmk... and right after i finished my breakfast i signed up lol.

I had just heard that the POTC movie was making a sequel titled "Dead Man's Chest", I found the website and it had this kind of silly little game there. I played it and noticed it gave me a code to use on some game called VMK, so I wrote it down and went through the VMK log in stuff. Once inside, I was pretty excited and had no idea how to enter the code, saw the POTC game and started playing. I eventually entered the code, and got some Skull Monkey or whatever, now here is the funny part, I was at work when this all happened at a job that had a lot of downtime, so I got to playing this at work everyday because my computer at home, at the time, was not even capable of VMK. The funniest part of this, is I ended up addicting the people I worked with on the evening shift at the time. We used to have 3 on 3 POTC CTF games and we would be in the same room on the same team, but we could only do this for like an hour, they got off earlier than I did.

supernovagirl

I was out at the sandbar with family friends and the mom was like "Yeah, Carly plays this really neat game called VMK" and I was in 6th grade so I thought I was too cool for online games. But then I went to Disney and then I made an account at the park lol

Snaps

mischief managed
my friend Mary Kate came back from disney with a bunch of vmk code cards. she made her account in the park, but gave me the cards to make my own account, as her sister did the quests too but didn't play vmk.

though i didn't know that that stuff was rare and i gave a lot of it away lol

John

I joined because of a feature in Disney Adventures! I checked out the website, but the game wasn't open yet. When I checked back and signed up, day 1/beta period had passed a few days before

mark

10 mins late to everything
my friend Mary Kate came back from disney with a bunch of vmk code cards. she made her account in the park, but gave me the cards to make my own account, as her sister did the quests too but didn't play vmk.

though i didn't know that that stuff was rare and i gave a lot of it away lol
not that i watch it, theres a show called VMK :)
VMK = Very Mary Kate

lol whattttt

and i played when my cousins said about it at liked 2006 or 07

My friend was like "OMG YOU HAVE TO PLAY VMK"
I'm not going to lie; I hated it when I first started.