What you guys thoughts on security monorail?

Huai

Magic Maker
They have implemented this at all Disney Theme Parks and Resorts. To be honest, it works... as much as I kinda hate that they created a more cumbersome security detail and bag check, the system itself is actually more efficient. Think about it, if you get bag checked and they find something that isn't allowed in the park *cough* Selfi-Stick *cough* then you don't need to go on a long trek back to your car, it's simply a short walk instead. More than that though over here in CA, Downtown Disney is now within the bag checked zone, so you can freely go shopping in it's stores and back to the park without having to re-check the bags.

They have implemented this at all Disney Theme Parks and Resorts. To be honest, it works... as much as I kinda hate that they created a more cumbersome security detail and bag check, the system itself is actually more efficient. Think about it, if you get bag checked and they find something that isn't allowed in the park *cough* Selfi-Stick *cough* then you don't need to go on a long trek back to your car, it's simply a short walk instead. More than that though over here in CA, Downtown Disney is now within the bag checked zone, so you can freely go shopping in it's stores and back to the park without having to re-check the bags.
That true, But what if you don't go to magic kingdom and just want to ride the monorail? And you have a selfi stick. That part is kinda annoying....

Gianorail

Disney Enthusiast
In the long run, it saves a lot more time. The entrance to the Magic Kingdom doesn't get congested anymore and you can practically walk right into the park without having to wait in a giant line to get through security/ park gates. Instead of one giant security checkpoint that easily gets crowded, now that it's spread out among the resorts the process is a lot less stressful.

I like the new security checkpoints a lot more, I went to WDW a few times since they implemented the new checkpoints and atleast for me it feels a lot smoother to actually get into the park than before. I especially like the implementation of security right before the monorail for those staying at the MK resorts (Contemporary/Polynesian/Grand Floridian) and those coming from the TTC, so that they can just get off the monorail and go straight to the park, like others have said, having security spread out rather than all congested at the entrance makes a lot of difference.