where do you work?

MissMorri

I work at the country club in my hometown as a line cook. It's not bad: the pay is pretty good considering I've held it as a high schooler into college, when it rains no one comes in, and we're free to relax outside the kitchen when there's no orders (there's a seasonal room outside of the kitchen which is upstairs away from the customers).

My other, more seasonal job is teaching piano lessons. I have taught several kids now, and it makes me really excited to someday teach a full music class. There's just a huge amount of reward seeing a kid finally get it after they've been practicing--for both them and me, and it makes me really happy. :badumtss:

plunderpirate

I've done a bunch of different jobs.My first real job was as a CP at WDW, I did food and bev in Magic Kingdom, and the following year I did transportation at Disneyland on another CP. After that I was an RA at my college, and at the same time I started working at Cotton On, where I later managed the store. I just left my most recent job as a flight attendant for United to finish my degree!

Yalas

Order of Merlin, Second Class
I deliver pizzas, but I have worked in IT Support, several game stores, Sonic, life guard, and a sno cone stand.

destineehart

Hah I know the feeling!! I used to work at Target in the produce section. It was so much work!! They had me unloading trucks by myself.. (as a 19 year old female, that should not have been happening). I ended up quitting because they cut my hours in half and changed my schedule three times in a week.
OMG i work at target, just on the sales floor. i've been there for a year and two months now and they go from over scheduling me for my availability to giving me eight hours in a week. i hate it so much. and i agree about it being super physically demanding. they're just now implementing the market team to unload trucks by themselves and stock by themselves. not down

I work at Pier 1 Imports and although it's a fun job and all my coworkers are great, problem is they get trucks in every Monday and there's like 3 of us to unload an entire stock room of items and then two of us to unbox all of the items because Pier 1 policy is EVERYTHING immediately goes out onto the sales floor (except spares of tables and lamps and papasans) but we got literally 100 boxes of decorations we have to unbox lol

I don't work. I'm a thief. I'm one of the leading founders of the Legion of Doom in the CW verse though.

Oh. And on weekdays I help run a comic book store before night classes. But mostly keep doing chaotically neutral things. And flirting with Bar-I mean, the Flash.

destineehart

I work at Pier 1 Imports and although it's a fun job and all my coworkers are great, problem is they get trucks in every Monday and there's like 3 of us to unload an entire stock room of items and then two of us to unbox all of the items because Pier 1 policy is EVERYTHING immediately goes out onto the sales floor (except spares of tables and lamps and papasans) but we got literally 100 boxes of decorations we have to unbox lol
Reminds me of when I worked for Torrid seasonally. It was in the mall so there was literally no backroom, it was just a hallway with boxes and boxes of clothes that couldn't fit on the sales floor and nothing had a location so it was so hard to try and put things away. Other than that the job was really casual and fun

Reminds me of when I worked for Torrid seasonally. It was in the mall so there was literally no backroom, it was just a hallway with boxes and boxes of clothes that couldn't fit on the sales floor and nothing had a location so it was so hard to try and put things away. Other than that the job was really casual and fun
We do have an actual stock room but we're not allowed to keep things back there. Just tables, lamps, papasans, and orders lol so every Monday we are there morning to night unboxing and putting everything away in a store that we can't fit it in XD

Let's see now I'm sure I answered this already but who cares lol :trophy:

1st Job: Cashier at local Golf Course - literally less than 5 mins from my house.
Current: Moved from Cashier to now Supervisor. Been there 5+ years and while the pay isn't great and I hardly get any hours I still love my job. It's easy and it's fun.

Current Job 2: Substitute Paraprofessional in a school for Special Needs children and in the summer I am full-time Para working with a specific student. Not an easy job by a long shot but it's so rewarding and every day is a new adventure. I plan on teaching Special Education once I am out of college.

Past: Shadow teacher for a student with special needs in a kindergarten classroom. This job came out of nowhere and literally swept me off my feet. I wasn't even looking for work at the time but decided why not try it. The school desperately needed someone. Turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had. Working in a kindergarten classroom is no easy feat but the kids were so awesome. During recess (if indoors) the kids used to beg me to put together puzzles with them or build legos. They even gave me the awesome title of "Master Builder", since I made these crazy designs with the legos. Basically with this job I was working specifically with one student who had behavioral issues and needed that extra push when it came to school work. Tough but fun and rewarding!

Future: Currently applying to be a substitute within my local school system! Fingers crossed!

People tell me all the time that I work too much, but honestly the more work the better! :allthethings: