Why did you join VMK?

magicqueen

Would you like a cup of tea?
Pretty sure a friend told me about it in 5th grade, I tried it, and was hooked. I only joined about a year and a half before it closed, and wasn't playing by the time it closed, but it really held a special place in my heart. I found MyVMK because occasionally I would search up VMK, and a month ago I did one of these searches and found it. :)

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
i literally love you[DOUBLEPOST=1408679876][/DOUBLEPOST]hmmm...when i first joined vmk..
i was 9 years old. i grew up alone and lonely and my only two friends were the mean girls next door (who told me about it in it's beta stages) who i, at the time, thought were my friends. we joined together and played and they hacked my account 3 times and so i hacked them back and took all of their stuff. (they only took my pink princess).
VMK was how i began my life as an "internet junkie". it was my escape from my dark childhood and i made so many friends, including @SandCastle (who is still very close with me today). I even fell in love at 11 for the first time with my "duh duh" jeremygater, (who is now a close friend of mine also.) Many of my vmk friends and i joined a game called Smallworlds in it's beta stages. our group broke apart after maybe 3 years or so, but i stayed up until about 5 months ago when i got banned for no reason. i found out about myvmk back in september but never came around until late november/ very early december.

Last edited:
I used to play VMK back when Disney ran it, and the day it shut down broke my heart. I went YEARS not knowing that anything similar to it existed, and every so often would google search whether or not the game would return to the internet. All I would find were rumors.
Finally one day, I did that exact same google search I'd been doing for so many years and myVMK came up. I've been so happy ever since <3

In original VMK, I joined to try and escape my life and make some friends. It was an amazing experience while it was open, and traumatic when it closed. There's still many people I miss/haven't seen, and likely never will again. I guess that's just life though, isn't it?

My brother told me about it in August 2005 and we used to play VMK together. My brother eventually stopped playing and I played until the end. I went to WDW and went to VMK Central there but whenever I played VMK I always would feel that I was at Disney World everyday.I made a lot of friends in the old game but sadly when VMK closed I never got a chance to talk to them again. So in this game I hope I can make a lot of friends because that what makes the game the most worthwhile to me.

Last edited:

Foxe

Inscrutable
My best friend and I came across the ad in a magazine while we were hanging out one day after school in sixth grade. That night, we both set up accounts and we kept playing it for the rest of the year. Once we started middle school in different schools, we kind of dropped VMK for whatever reason and fell back on other accounts on sites we had had for longer periods of time. I always missed it, though, and stumbled across MyVMK just today when I was doing a nostalgia Google search.

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
I found the original VMK in an ad on the old POTC game website when I was signing up. I was about to go on a Disney Cruise vacation in a few months and it just reminded me of it. So I made an account and was hooked ever since :)

Ghosty

VMK name was NeonGhost
I joined those many many years ago because I have never been to the real Disney parks so I figured at least I could go into the virtual park and meet new friends.I did too,met some very awesome people and we are all still friends to this day!!! Now we can all hang out in the new MyVMK like we did in the old days!!!

Idk how I ended up digging this thread out, but here we go, LOL. When I was in fourth grade (2005-2006), two of my close friends were telling me about the game at recess. This was at the time when I was a big junkie of like Webkinz, Neopets, Club Penguin, so when they told me about it, I was psyched. I ended up making my own account (PrettyBlissfulSky) after playing on hers for a while (ShawByte). I told one of my best friends from church about it also, so we constantly played together. His username was Inferno_Dancer, and was pretty popular at the time. I was OBSESSED with playing COB and just talking to people and remember back when there was a queue to actually log into the game! Not even a guest room! I played it up until the day it closed in 2008 and it was around the time I was graduating 6th grade. I was pretty devastated, so had to stick to playing Webkinz again, Neopets, and Club Penguin. Back in October 2014, I was super bored one day and ended up typing "VMK" in Google and then this game game up! I was pretty psyched to see it back since it was a huge part of my childhood!! I remember I found this a while back before we could actually interact with people, when it was in beta? That's my story :)