Why did you join VMK?

Truly I am just impressed that you found it lol. But awesome story! I remember the queue to get in game lol
I ended up searching something in the search bar and this came up xD it's a good thread topic though, I hope more people respond with their stories! But yes, I remember there was constantly a queue to get in game, and when all the public rooms in like main street would be filled with people lingering.

-Lex-

Cat lady, and slightly awkward bartender.
I was 12 at the time, and I used to play games on the Disney website and I saw an advertisement for it in 2005 and decided to check it out.

I found VMK from neopets and I wanted to try something new and exciting. So I did.. and I fell in love. I recruited my 2 best friends to come play as well. Around that time, High School Musical was popular. (That was 2006 btw). I loved playing cute or boot and I had awesome Cafe's.

rant:

Now I'm back for the experience again except well.. we're all old now lol. Plus, it's become more of close friends playing that doesn't really let room for new people. It's kind of lame in that sense. A lot of us are freshly out of high school or still in high school so it makes sense why our community is like that. /rant

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
Back in 06 when i was 12 I went to my best friend Michelle's house when my other friend Tatianna showed vmk!! I was blown away because I'm such a disney freak and joined immediately!!!!! My sister and i both played it but I could probably say i more obsessed! I was heart broken in 2008 like all of us were but I when i found myvmk i almost passed out!!! I <3 You Myvmk!!!

Last edited:
When I was in 4th grade, I went on a WDW trip with my family and I noticed the theater shop was converted into a game hub for vmk. I checked out the game and I grew interested in the game. My family chatted with one of the cast member about this and this is where our story of me playing the game started.

Once we got back from our trip, my mom decided to set up an account for me to play. Since then, I have played vmk on weekends and holidays till they closed.

When I was watching a Disney vacation guide video from 2006 there was an ad on there promoting vmk and I was like this is something I want to try and play so I joined and I was hooked ever since

Chill

i was really young when i started vmk, like 9.... I was in disney world and while i was on one of the buses, i saw an ad that said "vmk.com" and it looked fun so i remember i kept repeating in my head "vmk vmk vmk vmk" so I wouldn't forget it, and when I got home I checked it out...... yep :D

katiebcat

I found vmk back on another website, i dont remember which one but it was the first summer of it being open and i was hooked from day 1.

Kelsey

i was never able to go to any disney parks whatsoever when i was little :um: only my older sister went before i was even born (totally unfair and i yell at my mom every day because of it) so my two best friends who are in love with disney played the game and i thought well since i can't go to the real thing, i might as well pretend and play online! i was hooked every since and when it closed, i cried myself to sleep and skipped school lmao. but then i found it again a couple of months ago and me and my two best friends flipped out!!!! now i pray that this one never ends :')

I was on marykate and Ashley's website and there was an ad so I checked it out and omg thank u Olsen twins