Will myVMK Be Compatible?

mark

10 mins late to everything
Will myVMK be compatible with Windows 10? If you haven't heard (which would be weird) Microsoft is (surprisingly) giving away Windows 10 for free for a whole year for Windows 7 and 8/8.1 users! Of course I would want to upgrade but I'd like some notice, I still didn't get any notification to download though.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I did some testing with Windows 10 a few months back (post here). Everything worked great!

In theory, shockwave should still work in browsers that support it (i.e., not Chrome [without enabling NPAPI]) but with the new client coming out, Windows 10 should have no problem running MyVMK.

I did some testing with Windows 10 a few months back (post here). Everything worked great!

In theory, shockwave should still work in browsers that support it (i.e., not Chrome [without enabling NPAPI]) but with the new client coming out, Windows 10 should have no problem running MyVMK.
Is it possible to enable Chrome to support Shockwave now and in the future......would really like to know .

aliceblue

Is it possible to enable Chrome to support Shockwave now and in the future......would really like to know .
Unfortunately that is out of our control. Chrome will be completely removing all support for NPAPI plugins, including Shockwave Player, in September. (There will be no ability to reenable them through Chrome Flags.)

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
For the time being? Yes! Navigate to "chrome://flags" and find the "Enable NPAPI Plugins" option, and click "Enable."

In the long run? No. Google will soon be completely removing support for NPAPI plugins (Java, Silverlight, Shockwave, etc) and MyVMK players will be forced to find alternatives if the new client is not released by then.

Thankfully, myVMKPal should continue working with Shockwave because I have no intention of disabling it :)

Last edited: