Witnesses Of The Paranormal

VampireBoy

Have you ever lived in a haunted house or knew someone that did or are you even living in a haunted house right now as we speak. Have you ever gotten the feeling you were being watched or the feeling of not being safe in your own home or have you seen or heard things that cant be explained. If you have witnessed something paranormal please share your stories hear of what happened and feel free to go into detail cause there is no judgment on this thread. Also remember this thread is only for people who are being serious about sharing their paranormal encounter so please be kind and courteous to others and please be mature about this.

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
In fifth grade I did a hiking tour to Devil's Den (where a battle took place in Gettysburg). I knew nothing of history, and up until that day actually thought the civil was was fought between North and South America... So trust me when I say I knew NOTHING.

As I was walking back to the bus through the woods I turned to the side and saw a man standing behind a tree. And he was dressed in the Confederate soldier uniform with a musket. I know it had to be real because I didn't know what the uniform looked like until after I saw him and I looked it up.

I stood there for a long while and he did, too. So I walked up the trail a bit and came back to the spot and he was gone. No one believed me and my tour guide said a lot of the reenactment actors for the battle like to creep on tourists after their show, but we were in the middle of nowhere. The reenactment takes place on the battlefield and Devil's Den is miles away from that spot.

I don't believe in ghosts, but I know what I saw.

I also got a cool picture on the trip. This was walking back to our bus on another day. It's a picture of a regular house, nothing on any tour. Also in Gettysburg btw. I was just about to upload it but it's too blury. Regardless, it's a picture of a soldier leaning half out of a window. I can still try to upload it anyways but it might be impossible to make out.

VampireBoy

Wow creepy story and is there anyway maybe you could post a picture of the picture you took so I could see it?

Metaphor

Official Iron Can
Wow creepy story and is there anyway maybe you could post a picture of the picture you took so I could see it?
Remind me in my inbox so I don't forget to do it tomorrow afternoon, though because I no longer have the digital copy I cannot zoom in. It will just look blurry. The digital copy was amazing and super clear.

VampireBoy

Remind me in my inbox so I don't forget to do it tomorrow afternoon, though because I no longer have the digital copy I cannot zoom in. It will just look blurry. The digital copy was amazing and super clear.
Ok I sent you a reminder and while were at it if anyone else has any paranormal encounters they would like to share please do.

Nimmy

Mysterious Member
- In recurring instances, I hear my name being called in a whisper like voice or what sounds like from a distance. Sometimes when i'm completely alone and when not alone, i ask those around me if anyone called my name out, always get told no.
- From time to time, randomly finding a single tiny white feather in my path, usually around my house.

-During one summer before starting HS, my family had a movie night on the downstairs living room and we all decided to sleep on the floor since it was already late. Half way through the movie everyone had already fallen asleep so i decided to turn off the tv since i was getting a bit tired as well. As i was getting comfortable, I saw a shadow through the reflection of the big screen. It appeared to be a teenage male with long hair leaning down/hiding behind the couch, I said outloud "ha ha ha, very funny Gerald (what i called my brother)." Thought it was him because that's what my brother looked like at the time but soon realized he was sound asleep right next to me. It freaked me out, almost fainted. Really crazy of me, I got enough courage to get up and look behind the couch, there was no one there. I checked and made sure all the doors/windows were locked, everything was secure, so it wasn't possible an intruder had gotten in. So i left it at that, then a few weeks later it hit me "OMG!!! could it have been my cousin?!!" Really looked back and thought hard about it, the shadowy figure resembled a cousin of mine so much. He had passed away about 6 months prior to the incident and I was the only one out of my family who didn't attend his funeral. I like to think it was his way of saying goodbye to me. Never saw this shadowy figure ever again. Was it trully him? Guess i'll never know for sure.

VampireBoy

- In recurring instances, I hear my name being called in a whisper like voice or what sounds like from a distance. Sometimes when i'm completely alone and when not alone, i ask those around me if anyone called my name out, always get told no.
- From time to time, randomly finding a single tiny white feather in my path, usually around my house.

-During one summer before starting HS, my family had a movie night on the downstairs living room and we all decided to sleep on the floor since it was already late. Half way through the movie everyone had already fallen asleep so i decided to turn off the tv since i was getting a bit tired as well. As i was getting comfortable, I saw a shadow through the reflection of the big screen. It appeared to be a teenage male with long hair leaning down/hiding behind the couch, I said outloud "ha ha ha, very funny Gerald (what i called my brother)." Thought it was him because that's what my brother looked like at the time but soon realized he was sound asleep right next to me. It freaked me out, almost fainted. Really crazy of me, I got enough courage to get up and look behind the couch, there was no one there. I checked and made sure all the doors/windows were locked, everything was secure, so it wasn't possible an intruder had gotten in. So i left it at that, then a few weeks later it hit me "OMG!!! could it have been my cousin?!!" Really looked back and thought hard about it, the shadowy figure resembled a cousin of mine so much. He had passed away about 6 months prior to the incident and I was the only one out of my family who didn't attend his funeral. I like to think it was his way of saying goodbye to me. Never saw this shadowy figure ever again. Was it trully him? Guess i'll never know for sure.
Wow that is definitely creepy and who knows it may have been your cousin coming to say goodbye which I honestly think is what it was cause if it was actually something demonic manifesting itself as your cousin you would still be seeing him but since you only saw him once most likely that was your cousin's ghost.

-Lex-

Cat lady, and slightly awkward bartender.
I live in a historical town and my apartment building is in the middle of downtown and is 115 years old. My boyfriend and I moved in with two of our other friends around September. One of the rooms is well known for being haunted and that turned out to be ours. There have been numerous deaths in this building such as people jumping out of their windows (I think 5 people have done that in a span of 115 years). The second night I lived there, the tightly-shut closed door knob turned and the door opened. A few months later, I was about to take a shower and I heard a female singing voice (kind of a 1950's lounge singer kind of voice) coming from my roommate's room. Well, he's a guy and only dates men so I had no idea who could be singing in there. I opened the door and no one was in there and the singing stopped. I've had other things happen like that, but nothing malicious so I'm not too worried. Plus the rent is cheap. I've learned to live with it and grown accustomed to it. I don't think it's a dangerous spirit. So I basically live in a really haunted apartment but I don't mind it much.

VampireBoy

this thread is so cool I definitely believe in the paranormal I'm addicted to all the travel channel ghost hunting Shows and most haunted places in America specials and even one of my favorite youtubers grav3yardgirl aka bunny used to do these cool paranormal vlogs and tags and had some pretty interesting stories.
She is awesome she is one of my favorite YouTube people and also I also love paranormal shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal Witness, A Haunting, and lots of other shows too but anyway if there are anymore paranormal experiences anyone would like to share even if they are small or simple please feel free to post them.

So anyway I thought that I would share my own story which is years ago I use to live in an old house that was haunted and it was haunted by more than just ghosts it was haunted by something more demonic. We dealt with a lot of creepy stuff that went on in that house like doors slamming by themselves, footsteps in the dining room in the middle of the night, and also creepy voices in the middle of the night and one of those voices actually called my mom's name. Once you walked into the house you could just feel the negative energy throughout the house and it was very unsettling but something else you could feel was that you were being watched at all times which is creepy. One thing that actually happened is the dish wrack full of dishes actually flew off the kitchen counter and across the kitchen smashing into the wall which is freakin creepy. Another thing that happened was one night I actually felt my arm being grabbed and then pulled away from me and then when I actually pulled back I could see around hand mark going around my arm from where I felt I was grabbed. Also my little sister use to wake up in the middle of the night screaming constantly that some evil thing was coming to get her and that freaked my mom out a lot. I also used to have constant nightmares about this evil cloaked figure with red eyes trying to get me and I had these nightmares constantly for years until we finally moved out of that house. Also there was one night back when me and my sister were kids and all of a sudden her doorknob started turning by itself while me and her were playing in there and when we opened the door no one was there. Also my mom use to wake up with scratch marks on her back constantly and the scratch marks always came in threes which use to scare my mom a lot. So pretty much from what you can see here there was something demonic in our old house and it was not good at all which is why I am glad we moved out of that house before something bad might have happened.

My mom told me about her childhood home which she believes was haunted. When her parents moved in, they found blood on the bedroom door which is eerie enough. She also said that picture frames on the walls would sway back and forth on their own and they would hear random noises. They also had a cellar that had both a concrete and dirt floor which my grandma would refuse to go down into. I think the creepiest part is that one day my grandpa randomly went crazy and took a hammer to the bathroom wall, which he ended up finding 3 really old pictures of women from at least the early 1900's. Those pictures randomly disappeared though. As soon as he found the pictures, all the creepy noises and swaying of picture frames seemed to stop.

VampireBoy

Hmm that's definitely creepy but maybe the spirit actually wanted him to find those pictures so the spirit could finally be at peace hence the activity stopping once he actually found the pictures. Obviously though it wasn't an evil spirit so that's definitely a good thing but anyway if anyone else has an paranormal experiences or stories they would like to share please do and the stories don't even have to be yours they could be from a friend or family member so please just post them here.

Last edited:

Jorash

My old dorm had a ghost on the third floor. Every year around Halloween time, they would do a haunted tour on campus and my building was actually one of the stops. One of the showers in the bathroom turn on by themselves, which is where she killed herself. It's actually pretty cool, sometimes the lights will flicker and around the holidays or breaks when no one is in the dorm you can hear noises from that floor, and when you go up there, no one is there.

Also, @MumIsAlwaysRight does not believe me, but me and my roommates are pretty sure we have a Poltergeist living in our current apartment. About 3 months ago, my roommates were all out on a Saturday and I was home alone. I went upstairs to my room to grab something and I heard a noise in the kitchen, but didn't hear the front door open so I thought one of my roommates had quietly come in. I went down immediately to say hi, and no one was there. Later that night the same thing happened when I went upstairs again, I heard noises in the kitchen and nothing was there. And just last week, we heard loud bangs coming from above us. We don't have upstairs neighbors since we live in a two-story townhome, and bats don't make the kind of noises we heard, so we are pretty sure that this poltergeist is real

VampireBoy

Well it definitely sounds like the poltergeist is real and also please feel free to keep me updated on if anything else happens or if stuff starts to get worse just post and let us know but anyway I am seeing lots of great paranormal experiences here and I am honestly on the edge of my seat and cant wait to see some more so keep posting.

Cait.

Secretly a dinosaur :3
I actually feel like I have a spirit follow me from each house I've lived in.. Like its followed me my whole life.
My old house my whole family believes is haunted, a lot of stuff happened.
Outside my brothers door there was a loud creek in the floor, which you would only hear if you walked over it, and even when my brother wasn't home, sometimes we would hear it. My brothers radio would turn up and down by itself. One night I woke up and went to the bathroom, I looked down the hallway and seen a lady staring back at me and she was dressed in all white, like an old dress. I locked myself in the bathroom (like thats going to stop a ghost) and screamed for my mother. As I was in the bathroom, I heard classical music - like piano playing in my basement. And this wasn't the first time I heard this music being played. But we had no piano, so it was strange. My mom would wake up with a shadow standing over her. My dog would look and bark down at the basement. Just so many strange things..

The next house I moved into didn't have as much that happened. I would always feel like someones watching me.. and then doors would open by themselves.

The next house(my current house) I sometimes get the feeling that someones watching me, and I dont know for sure if the spirit followed me to this house..but there is a creek in my floor that you have to step on to make it make a sound.. and when im gone, my parents hear it often.. and my sister has heard a baby cry when me and my son were not home.
My grandmother died a year ago, and shortly after her death me and my mom were talking about her and the light turned off. and then a few mins later, i went and showered, went to go downstairs and the front entry way light is on, which its sunny out so we wouldnt have turned it on.. and my mom said she didnt do it, and so i think it was my grandmother. But also later in that day i was driving and listening to music and the song randomly changed by itself and turned to a song called "your guardian angel" so i think that was her way of talking to me..
Also have heard my grandmothers voice call my name.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I already believe in ghosts so I don't need to ever meet one, nor do I want to LOL! Shout out to everyone that has met one and didn't have a heart attack and die, because that's probably what I would do. XD

My house's original owners were my grandparents The house turned 50 years old a few weeks ago. we just sold the house and getting our stuff out. When my uncle was a kid and living in the same house he said he heard strange sounds from the house like alien sounds. My sister Celeste saw a comet near her window when we were little it's those comets that move abnormally not like a comet , but looks like one. She told me she saw it near her window screamed and it flew away. I've seen a few UFOs. One was when I woke up at around 1-3am, looked out my window and saw a UFO going over our house it was far away though. It looked like three UFOs close together and they made a bright light. Oops, okay, so the ghost story. My house has always had strange things going on when I was very young and my uncle sold the house people later on asked him if anyone has passed away in the house two people have my Grandfather and my Mother. Those people didn't want the house. We got it back. A few years ago I woke up in the morning and I saw a child near my TV. I told my uncle and described it to him and he told me that was what my Mother looked and wore back then. That child wouldn't have come from my memory because there weren't that many pictures of my Mother because she was camera shy. And I don't remember my mother. Even haunted stuff has happened outside my house,also. So, yeah I wonder what it's going to be like for the people that are moving in :x

Last edited:

VampireBoy

I actually feel like I have a spirit follow me from each house I've lived in.. Like its followed me my whole life.
My old house my whole family believes is haunted, a lot of stuff happened.
Outside my brothers door there was a loud creek in the floor, which you would only hear if you walked over it, and even when my brother wasn't home, sometimes we would hear it. My brothers radio would turn up and down by itself. One night I woke up and went to the bathroom, I looked down the hallway and seen a lady staring back at me and she was dressed in all white, like an old dress. I locked myself in the bathroom (like thats going to stop a ghost) and screamed for my mother. As I was in the bathroom, I heard classical music - like piano playing in my basement. And this wasn't the first time I heard this music being played. But we had no piano, so it was strange. My mom would wake up with a shadow standing over her. My dog would look and bark down at the basement. Just so many strange things..

The next house I moved into didn't have as much that happened. I would always feel like someones watching me.. and then doors would open by themselves.

The next house(my current house) I sometimes get the feeling that someones watching me, and I dont know for sure if the spirit followed me to this house..but there is a creek in my floor that you have to step on to make it make a sound.. and when im gone, my parents hear it often.. and my sister has heard a baby cry when me and my son were not home.
My grandmother died a year ago, and shortly after her death me and my mom were talking about her and the light turned off. and then a few mins later, i went and showered, went to go downstairs and the front entry way light is on, which its sunny out so we wouldnt have turned it on.. and my mom said she didnt do it, and so i think it was my grandmother. But also later in that day i was driving and listening to music and the song randomly changed by itself and turned to a song called "your guardian angel" so i think that was her way of talking to me..
Also have heard my grandmothers voice call my name.
Well it definitely seems like your grandmother is watching over you and who knows it could actually be more than one spirit but either way it seems like there is some spirit attached to you and its following you and I am pretty sure its your grandmother because from what you said nothing violent has happened so obviously its her.