You Are Trying To Wear Clothes Not In Inventory

My sister is getting this error when trying to change clothes. The only clothing she can wear are the ones her avatar came with. She bought a witch skirt and some different shoes and said she cannot change into them. Anybody know how to resolve this? She has already cleared her cache and cookies as well as logged in via 4 different browsers. She is a Windows user.

ETA - my sister is not very computer savvy, so if your suggestions are technical, please spell it out and I will direct her to the forums. She wont create an account, but she does lurk.

someone else in my house is having this same exact problem...can't change skin tones, hair color, hairstyle, clothes, anything. I'd really love to know how to fix this issue too!

She has tried 3 different computers now and it still wont let her. Even if she opens the window and doesn't try to change anything, just clicks "ok", she still gets the error.

My mom is having this problem as well. I've tried computers at our house as well, nothing works. No change of clothing, skin tone, or hair. Any help would be much appreciated!

I suggest PMing one of the staff and they can check her account in more detail?