HOW TO: Fix bugs in Jungle Cruise!

Hi everyone!! <3

For those who don't know, Jungle Cruise has a lot of issues running under Shockwave 12. These issues have absolutely nothing to do with Amy's server code (almost all of Jungle Cruise is clientside,) and everything to do with Adobe. The simple solution to these glitches is simply just downgrade to Shockwave 11 instead.

STEPS
  1. Uninstall Shockwave 12 through Control Panel (Programs >> Programs and Features, then find Adobe Shockwave Player)
  2. Download the installer for Shockwave 11 here.
  3. Run the installer that you just downloaded
  4. Log in to MyVMK! You might need to hit the "Run this time" button, if you use Google Chrome.

- Jasmine <3

aliceblue

After thinking about this some more, I'm not sure it's a good idea to downgrade to (or remain on) an old version of Shockwave. These updates are not just for performance, they are to fix security vulnerabilities in the software.

A bit of research shows that Shockwave Player is not the most secure application in the world anyway, especially since the revelation that it is contains a severely outdated version of Adobe Flash: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/why-you-should-ditch-adobe-shockwave/

I'm really looking forward to the new game client and the day I can uninstall Shockwave forever. It's a necessary evil for now, but I'd rather have the security updates it does offer than risk playing on an old version for the sake of improved performance in Jungle Cruise.

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
I tried it with 11 and also with 12 and it made no difference. performance is equal on my PC. It might be for individual machines or the problem is with Shockwave. That has happened before.

Amy

Head Administrator
After thinking about this some more, I'm not sure it's a good idea to downgrade to (or remain on) an old version of Shockwave. These updates are not just for performance, they are to fix security vulnerabilities in the software.

A bit of research shows that Shockwave Player is not the most secure application in the world anyway, especially since the revelation that it is contains a severely outdated version of Adobe Flash: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/why-you-should-ditch-adobe-shockwave/

I'm really looking forward to the new game client and the day I can uninstall Shockwave forever. It's a necessary evil for now, but I'd rather have the security updates it does offer than risk playing on an old version for the sake of improved performance in Jungle Cruise.
I don't see that as a problem really. If you use a browser like Chrome, it asks for permission before running. Just only allow it to run on the MyVMK website and you shouldn't have any problems.

aliceblue

I don't see that as a problem really. If you use a browser like Chrome, it asks for permission before running. Just only allow it to run on the MyVMK website and you shouldn't have any problems.
Thanks Amy; I guess that makes sense. Wasn't sure if it posed a general risk just being on the machine.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where there's no exit button? :P I tried just closing MyVMK when I was satisfied with the amount of points I had earned, but when I logged back in, I didn't earn any credits :P

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where there's no exit button? :P I tried just closing MyVMK when I was satisfied with the amount of points I had earned, but when I logged back in, I didn't earn any credits :P
The best way to end a game early is to just crash your boat into rocks or the side of the river. It will end the game for you and give you credits for the points you earned.