let me see your tattoos/tattoo ideas

I love the smell of henna lol. There are really beautiful designs. I actually like them better than permanent tattoos.

I have considered getting a real tattoo, but I settled for getting my tragus pierced instead.

Here's one of my friends hands! hehe ^-^
I did this one in about an hour because we were rushing, so it didn't turn out as good as I hoped it would, but still...

These aren't with actual henna, they are with pen since I didn't have actual henna at the time :D

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
I REALLY want a tattoo but I don't have any yet

I want my first one to be this animal collective album cover. rn I'm thinking I want to split it into two different tattoos and have one figure on each forearm, but I'm not really sure

and I also want a couple twin peaks tattoos on my arms
learning how to do stick n pokes as well and intend to do some of those on my legs/ankles. I just love the look of a plain black unprofessional tattoo beneath leg hair. LOL

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
^^^ I WANT THAT SO BAD BEST_BLONDE!!

And also this on my wrist:

And this on my finger:

Both are symbols of support for anybody who has ever struggled with things like anxiety, depression, or suicidal thoughts. Although I've never had any suicidal thoughts, they're both very beautiful and it means a lot to me to show support for those who are suffering. Just because it's not happening to you, doesn't mean it's not happening to other people. It's a reminder that even though there are rough patches, life isn't over yet and there's a beautiful world out there ready for you to explore it. (:

"A semicolon is used when a sentence could have been ended. But it wasn't."

Last edited:

Megara

no sleep club
Adore tattoos. I have two - a camera on my right shoulder-blade, and "so it goes" in print from the book Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut on my left upper arm. I absolutely adore photography, and got the camera tattooed when I was 16. I'd like to get it redone in a watercolor style one day.

Earlier this year is when I got "so it goes," and I get one of two reactions from this tattoo: 1) The general tumblr/hipster tattoo. 2) So it goes where?

I really have a love/hate relationship with the book Slaughterhouse Five. I picked it up in middle school and put it down because I thought it was incredibly boring and couldn't get into the story. In high school, I picked it back up, and actually became interested in it and although it's been a while since I've read it, the one thing that always stuck with me in that book was the phrase "so it goes," which I really felt a close connection with. To me it's kind of a "whatever will be, will be" which is a reminder I constantly need. So, I got it permanently on me. :giggle:

Never understood those who dislike tattoos and then put other people down for having. It's not your body - if you don't like tattoos, then don't get them.

Last edited:

acebatonfan

Personally, I do not care for them. I do not want to increase my risks of infection, which could send my blood sugars soaring and land me back in ICU with DKA.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I don't, but one day I'd like to get the following: (:

This on my wrist:

And this on my finger:

Both are symbols of support for anybody who has ever struggled with things like anxiety, depression, or suicidal thoughts. Although I've never had any suicidal thoughts, both tattoos are very beautiful and it means a lot to me to show support for those who are suffering. Just because it's not happening to me/you, doesn't mean it's not happening to other people. It's a reminder that even though there are rough patches, life isn't over yet and there's a beautiful world out there ready for you to explore it. (:

"A semicolon is used when a sentence could have been ended. But it wasn't."

I have 3 :) my first was on my ankle and it is a heart made of rose vines. It covers a star I carved into my ankle during a very looong, dark suicidal/cutting phase, and now serves as my constant reminder that I never need to feel like that person, I've grown into something more beautiful :)

The second one I had done is a bible verse on my shoulder blade. Under it is a blue anchor, and to the side is a green and purple hummingbird for my late grandmother, whi was my very best friend. That tattoo symbolizes faith (bible verse) hope (anchor) and love (my grammas hummingbird). But I don't have a pic of it on my phone.

My most recent is on my foot and is cinderellas glass slipper with the words "walk by faith" :) which is pretty self explanatory. I chose the glass slipper because (well for one I love disney!) And mostly it proved a great amount of faith for cinderella to just keep believing :)

Attachments

I have two(:
The first is the word "Endure" which was inspired/taken from a poem written by Louise Erdrich.

The second I just got a few days ago, which has the phrase, "One day I'll be someone that I'm not and it'll be greater than who I am." It's scabbing right now, so it's not as clean. There's also a few lines that need to be touched up, but oh well!

P.S. sorry they're huge...

Last edited:

RyanJ

I have three but my most meaningful tattoo so far would have to be my roman numerals on my chest, they represent the day i started hormone replacement therapy and the first day of my new life. may 8th 2012 was one of the happiest days of my life and i'm really grateful for it. grateful to have an incredibly supporting mother that helped me find peace within my soul and body.
P.s. Pardon the scruff I had going on.

I have 2. My sister and I both have the baby feet and angel wings on our right foot. The tattoo is in remembrance of the baby she miscarried. The other tattoo is egyptian and I also designed that one. Never thought I'd get a tattoo but I love them now.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I have 2. My sister and I both have the baby feet and angel wings on our right foot. The tattoo is in remembrance of the baby she miscarried. The other tattoo is egyptian and I also designed that one. Never thought I'd get a tattoo but I love them now.

You should get a tat on your neck next. The Egyptian one looks like an ankh. Quite ironic considering whats on the other foot...lol