Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with a lot of things staff does, but if you can't see the logic behind players being able to sell their pins then there really is no reasoning with you.

For the most part, the lucky penny pixels were given to people who actively sought out Skye to hang out and see how she was doing. So people who felt close with her visited and received pixels.

The situation escalated, with the help of staff, by them trying to make Skye's "last days" special and magical. The pin was made.

Skye was found to be a fraud. Simply a falsehood that tugged on many players' hearts. The players who actively sought out the company of Skye were left with a pin to remember her by, but it is now tainted with malice and deceit.

The staff probably feel bad, because they did bring quite a lot of attention to Skye, aiding in the emotional connection people had to her, and they now offer the players who were directly bamboozled (by Skye with promotion from staff) the option to sell the pin. The 5k is simply a "sorry we accidentally aided in the glorification of skye, hopefully this can make up for it a little."

Like come on. Why are people SO amped about 5k? There is an obvious reason for it. Just like staff would help someone get items back for being scammed, they're giving the option of receiving 5k to the people who sought to help, but ultimately were emotionally scammed by "skyeviolet."

I won't be posting further on this topic.
Yes!!! ^_^

Idk why everything a staff says needs to be fought against.... The staff are giving people who aren't affected by what happened a chance to get a free 5,000 credits.... Obviously the poll is here for a reason AND as Absolem ALREADY said, the pin will be deleted (as most of the votes have chosen this).... How about you don't sell the pin. Wait out the week.. And let it get deleted from your account. You shouldn't care what other people are doing with their pin..

This goes for everyone.. Why is Abs being yelled at for giving people the chance for 5,000 credits OR letting it get deleted.. Its a win win!

Stop fighting with @Absolem!!!
What about the PEOPLE that NEVER got a pixel but are still AFFECTED by the MISTRUST yet once again??

Wow! What a low blow. I cannot believe some scam artist would go as low as to portray a child who has a disease. Albeit sad what's happened, the pin should just be deleted altogether.

I'm glad the real Skye has spoken up about this nonsense.
Im REALLY confused as to how the REAL Skye has magically appeared in all this. You know the one that says she has been avoiding and doesn't like social networking?? I'm really curious as to how if someone took my personal information from facebook (because I didn't have it set to Friends Only) that a "game" that I supposedly had NEVER played would even POSSIBLY be able to contact me and make me aware of a given situation????? What if the REAL Skye who used a Snapchat picture (which Clearly matches the "REAL" Skye) for their forum avie is only Catfishing us All over AGAIN???? We have already been made aware that she was at her own memorial in another avie. HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN WITH A BANNED IP ADDRESS??

Zelena

Im REALLY confused as to how the REAL Skye has magically appeared in all this. You know the one that says she has been avoiding and doesn't like social networking?? I'm really curious as to how if someone took my personal information from facebook (because I didn't have it set to Friends Only) that a "game" that I supposedly had NEVER played would even POSSIBLY be able to contact me and make me aware of a given situation????? What if the REAL Skye who used a Snapchat picture (which Clearly matches the "REAL" Skye) for their forum avie is only Catfishing us All over AGAIN???? We have already been made aware that she was at her own memorial in another avie. HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN WITH A BANNED IP ADDRESS??
I've been curious about this since friday morning. The "real skye" could have been the "fake skye" this whole time.

I've been curious about this since friday morning. The "real skye" could have been the "fake skye" this whole time.
And IF I were AVOIDING social networking and busy living my life. Would/ Could you be brought up to speed SO QUICKLY and be so agitated that your personal info was out there and (you STILL HAVEN'T SET YOUR FB TO FRIENDS ONLY).?? How many OTHER avies does Skye Violet have that we dont know about????

McGroobz

GOOBY THE MARTIAN
i don't think a poll was even needed for this decision. it should be removed. now that we're learning all of the details to this situation, it's pretty clear whoever posed as Skye is a sick puppy and doesn't deserve any type of recognition in the game.

for someone pushing this in hopes of having a "good community", why would you even mention excluding specific people? even if someone acts up at one point, gets banned, you think excluding them is going to help their situation or yours? what kind of movement is this?
also, to say you deserve an item to give people that you deemed "worthy"? Skye was giving out pixels to basically anyone and everyone she spoke to. that's how this entire "lucky penny" thing came about. they thought this girl was dying, they wanted to make her last days special. you're literally just asking for a special item to give to your special friends. no thank you.
I'll tell you what this movement is... I'm tired of logging on and feeling so uncomfortable in every room I enter, I'm tired of constantly feeling judged. This is a good movement, regardless of whether or not the pin is given to us. We are just trying to make MyVMK a better place because obviously right now whatever is happening isn't working. I.E a girl just pretended to be dying for over a month and we made a pin about her. I get that it brought the community together but she actually just disgraced everyone who has ever dealt with a disease including myself. I rarely talk about this but in 2nd grade I was diagnosed with a disease that left me completely unable to walk. A girl took advantage of an illness and used it for her own benefit. I think you guys should really get to know MIM before you start judging. We are just trying to promote good throughout the kindgom, and if you honeslty thing people who have been banned shouldn't have a second look over or be excluded shame on you, you never know what those people could have done. If they deserve a second chance we would be more than happy to give one. All I'm saying is pls don't talk about our group if you have no idea what it is about or what we are trying to do.
Regards,
Gooby.

McGroobz

GOOBY THE MARTIAN
No special pins were given to tron and vampire armies, so I believe giving pins to a group of people that believe themselves to be saving the game and creating an unnecessary pedestal of higher morality is inapporpriate.

Disclaimer: I do not care to be argued with so don't bother justification with me.
BUT GIVING PINS TO A GIRL WHO CLAIMED TO BE DYING AND CLEARLY WASN'T IS JUSTIFIED BY DELETING THE PIN OR CHANGING THE NAME LOLOLOL. PLS this is why we are tryiing to change our gaming environment, people are just trying to be friends with everyone but you label it as "saving the game" and "an unnecessary pedestal" SO OKAY keep going the way we are going and I would love to see how much longer this game lasts. I MEAN THE CREATOR ALREADY QUIT SOOOO.......

Ummm.... About that photo "SkyeViolet" had on their profile here on the forums.... Only the REAL "Skye" would have access to such a photo from Snapchat. Unless, someone that's very close to her took a screen shot on their smartphone with 5-10 seconds to grab it so fast before it disappears forever. Just sayin'
That's been my experience. Amazingly the photo has disappeared from forums. However, her posts are still floating around.....

McGroobz

GOOBY THE MARTIAN
Glad y
I disagree with a lot of things staff does, but if you can't see the logic behind players being able to sell their pins then there really is no reasoning with you.

For the most part, the lucky penny pixels were given to people who actively sought out Skye to hang out and see how she was doing. So people who felt close with her visited and received pixels.

The situation escalated, with the help of staff, by them trying to make Skye's "last days" special and magical. The pin was made.

Skye was found to be a fraud. Simply a falsehood that tugged on many players' hearts. The players who actively sought out the company of Skye were left with a pin to remember her by, but it is now tainted with malice and deceit.

The staff probably feel bad, because they did bring quite a lot of attention to Skye, aiding in the emotional connection people had to her, and they now offer the players who were directly bamboozled (by Skye with promotion from staff) the option to sell the pin. The 5k is simply a "sorry we accidentally aided in the glorification of skye, hopefully this can make up for it a little."

Like come on. Why are people SO amped about 5k? There is an obvious reason for it. Just like staff would help someone get items back for being scammed, they're giving the option of receiving 5k to the people who sought to help, but ultimately were emotionally scammed by "skyeviolet."

I won't be posting further on this topic. =QUOTE]

I don't get why you are talking about Skye as if she is a respectable person.... She toook advantage of a lethal disease and decided to use it for her own accord. The pin should just be deleted.She honestly deserves nothing and doesn't deserve a pin that could be remembered as her last dying wishes

Maracita

I'll tell you what this movement is... I'm tired of logging on and feeling so uncomfortable in every room I enter, I'm tired of constantly feeling judged. This is a good movement, regardless of whether or not the pin is given to us. We are just trying to make MyVMK a better place because obviously right now whatever is happening isn't working. I.E a girl just pretended to be dying for over a month and we made a pin about her. I get that it brought the community together but she actually just disgraced everyone who has ever dealt with a disease including myself. I rarely talk about this but in 2nd grade I was diagnosed with a disease that left me completely unable to walk. A girl took advantage of an illness and used it for her own benefit. I think you guys should really get to know MIM before you start judging. We are just trying to promote good throughout the kindgom, and if you honeslty thing people who have been banned shouldn't have a second look over or be excluded shame on you, you never know what those people could have done. If they deserve a second chance we would be more than happy to give one. All I'm saying is pls don't talk about our group if you have no idea what it is about or what we are trying to do.
Regards,
Gooby.
You just joined forums on Sunday but have all this insight on what is wrong with the game and players?

Takket

I voted delete it.
Funny I knew I smelled a rat on that because I've seen stuff like this before. But I decided to treat it as real because I would rather be loving and end up scammed than skeptical and end up rude when its the truth. I wasn't so much skeptical at the beginning but what really set off the alarm bells was the "Skye's last day" party that was held. If someone's death is imminent you can't just know a certain day that's going to be your last before you pass on. That seemed like BS. And if you were really that close to death that doctor's felt like it was going to be within a day, you'd be in too much pain and in hospice care to ever make it onto VMK. You would probably be sedated.

So I'm voting delete it. No reason the person that pulled this should have a permanent place in the game, and even if its renamed, I'll know where it came from. Trolls gonna troll, only way to get rid of them is to ignore them and delete all traces.

Status
Not open for further replies.