MyVMKPal Has Suddenly Stopped Working

I have been using an older version for a while and everything has worked perfectly. Yesterday it wouldn't even come up with the home page. Tried to uninstall it and install the new version which created such a mess on my computer that I had to do a system restore today (ie, it refused to uninstall properly).

Anybody else having problems with the older version or with installing a new version? Oh... and still not working even after the system restore :/

Using Windows 8.1 - nothing has been updated/changed from Thursday when it was working perfectly.

Neda

I recently system restored my files as well because I was having issues with MyVmk in general, I tried installing MyVMK Pal again and it told me to update it so I did and it said it updated but when I tried going into it, it told me I needed to update it again? I just gave up and I'm using Firefox for MyVMK now

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I have been using an older version for a while and everything has worked perfectly. Yesterday it wouldn't even come up with the home page. Tried to uninstall it and install the new version which created such a mess on my computer that I had to do a system restore today (ie, it refused to uninstall properly).

Anybody else having problems with the older version or with installing a new version? Oh... and still not working even after the system restore :/

Using Windows 8.1 - nothing has been updated/changed from Thursday when it was working perfectly.
I recently system restored my files as well because I was having issues with MyVmk in general, I tried installing MyVMK Pal again and it told me to update it so I did and it said it updated but when I tried going into it, it told me I needed to update it again? I just gave up and I'm using Firefox for MyVMK now
Oh. Oh no.. erm. I'll see if I can figure that out...

@kolyaventuri - thank you, I really miss the older version. Just a thought, it all worked perfectly until I accepted that updater thing I messaged you about. It worked that day but since then nothing. My cursor just spins over the icon, it doesn't even load it up.

EDIT:
I have tried to manually delete several folders that refuse to be deleted so I have various things named MyVMKPal across my files lol. No idea why they didn't disappear with the uninstall program. I found my old version setup and started a new folder and (fingers crossed) I have got it working but would still like to know why I can't delete the older ones :shrug:

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
@kolyaventuri - thank you, I really miss the older version. Just a thought, it all worked perfectly until I accepted that updater thing I messaged you about. It worked that day but since then nothing. My cursor just spins over the icon, it doesn't even load it up.

EDIT:
I have tried to manually delete several folders that refuse to be deleted so I have various things named MyVMKPal across my files lol. No idea why they didn't disappear with the uninstall program. I found my old version setup and started a new folder and (fingers crossed) I have got it working but would still like to know why I can't delete the older ones :shrug:
I can't think of a reason that you wouldn't be able to delete the files. Unless you don't have administrator privileges