Revive the Shoutbox

Should the shoutbox come back?

• Yes

• No

• Other (comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Yes! The shoutbox definitley needs to make a return. The forums have been pretty much dead ever since it was taken away. And yes, I understand there were certain people who ruined it, but the shoutbox had more pros than cons, honestly. People used it to to retrieve information quicker if something is happening in game. With just the forums, you have to find the appropriate section to make a thread and wait for someone to come across it and respond.

I guess I just fail to see why there can't be some moderation on it.

Same thing as the report on the game or on forums. Also, enforce the golden rule to online bullying.

Ignore it or don't bother acknowledging it.

sorachan

Animation Expert
I miss the shoutbox so much, the bad part about it is there was so much spamming or rule breakers in there that it takes mods to manage that as well. BRING IT BACK I WANT IT

MisterLoony

We have yet to hear a single comment from a forum staff about this - but the polls show what the people want :thumbsup:
Sadly this is nothing new. We rarely hear back from staff on things that we want to see changed. Some times it just gets done without anyone knowing and other times it's just pushed to the side without any regard :/

We have yet to hear a single comment from a forum staff about this - but the polls show what the people want :thumbsup:
We hear you all! It's been a while without the shoutbox, and it's been very quiet ever since. But not everyone was respectful while it was here, and we are afraid of that happening again. Also, it is not entirely up to us. Perhaps it will be back in the future. :halcyon:

MisterLoony

We hear you all! It's been a while without the shoutbox, and it's been very quiet ever since. But not everyone was respectful while it was here, and we are afraid of that happening again. Also, it is not entirely up to us. Perhaps it will be back in the future. :halcyon:
I hope so :D Was always fun when it was here! I know it for sure helped me with in game questions.

To add on to what @Angel said, it has been discussed, but sometimes other things come up and the conversation is pushed aside. Unfortunately some people ruined it for the majority, and it's difficult to have it moderated constantly. We've bounced around a few ideas (such as it only being open when a moderator is on) but its hard to code. Trust us when we say that it's a hard decision. :hug:

Tbh, I am amazed people still occasionally log on to this forum and game? Like, what, three years ago? It was pretty lively. It's dead now. So dead. Bring back a shoutbox. People might be more inclined to be active if there is a reason to be. I have been part of this community since OVMK and am sad to see it has come down to... this.

S_Stitch

From what I'm seeing, I'm guessing this is a big reason the game is dying. So you definitely should bring back the shoutbox! Even though I still don't know it is!