What do YOU want to happen with the game?

I really just want the immaturity and drama to stop. So many people are divided and pointing fingers at each other, on a constant basis. Those that instigate the division and fuel the toxicity: please remember that this is a game. Once it becomes a negative thing for you, please walk away. I'm having a hard time putting into words how disappointed I am that people have twisted it into something so ugly. I understand that you poured your time and love into it. Keep it that way. If you disagree with someone, and you will - talk to them. If it can't be resolved than agree to disagree and either walk away if you are no longer having fun, or remain and be civil with each other. Respect each other's right to an opininon.
Unfortunately, it feels like there are jaded and scorned people out there that seem bent on making sure the whole thing crashes and burns. That is so sad to me. Life is bigger than that. Find a new hobby please.
Amy & current staff: Thank you for all that you do. It has been so fun to relive the memories and meet new people. I'm sorry that people are so critical and hurtful. Every time I log in to decompress from the stresses of real life, I wonder if it's the last time because I know you must be at wit's end with it all. A thankless chore that you dedicate so much time and energy to, yet are constantly criticized and accused of abusing.
I know I make people nauseous with hugs, but truly - Hugs.

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
At this point, ultra rares have been hoarded so much by the wealthiest players that it has thrown the whole scheme of values off. For instance, firewalls are not really considered a type of currency anymore. I feel like if there were more frequent rereleases of ultra rares just to get more of the popular items in the game, this would greatly help with the game's economic downturn. Also, because items like stitch hats, flip hats, etc, are so popular, it would make players more motivated to work to earn such items through trades if the values went back down to somewhere more reasonable. For example, I have been working two months to trade my old items for credits toward a green flip hat and at this point, nearly all my old items are gone and I am going to have to begin playing minigames relentlessly to earn credits. While minigames are fun, repeatedly playing them 100 times a day to earn enough credits for a single ultra rare in about 4 months is enough to make anyone go crazy and lose the motivation to play the game. I'm not saying that MyVMK is all about ultra rares. I'm just saying that is a big part of what keeps the community active when they have something to work toward that is within reasonable reach. The values have inflated so much that I think this has truly hurt us in a way that is only worsening as a community the longer we let this go on.

Pinkie_Poof

I think it would be nice if the way our messages in the game were displayed differently. If you have a few people messaging you at the same time, or someone sends you more than one message it's easy to hit 'next' without realizing someone instantly sent you a message. Perhaps if it were set up a little bit more like email? Or at least to where you could see each message individually by clicking on them rather than only one showing up at a time.
Yeah, although this wouldn't be top priority of some of the suggestions here, this would be really nice! Would be cool to have it more of like a separated inbox or at least be able to go BACK to previous messages instead of automatic delete when going next :)

In my opinion I think we should look at what the other Disney MMO revivals are doing right. Take a look at some of the Club Penguin Private Servers for example. Club Penguin Rewritten is a wonderful example of how to bring back a game to it's golden age. It has everything that 2007 CP had and it's wonderful. When looking in comparison to that, My VMK is still missing a good amount of features/items that were available by the time the game ended in '08. Just a few examples: Magic Checkers, Tomorrowland Arcade, Ordering food from Gaitor Waiter, The (Admittedly Incomplete) Trading Card Game. And not to mention the tons of items that haven't returned despite the fact that we keep getting new ones.

But moving past the base game, I have to return and take another look at the CPPS that currently exist. SuperCPPS is a Latino made version of Club Penguin that has moved past Club Penguins final resting point and has steadily been creating its own content, lore, rooms, and ideas. All this while keeping everything that base CP had! Just as an example they created a weird godlike Ore Puffle that you can only find by going through an underground maze system and finding the notes of a previous explorer who went mad while looking for it. And they also have a weird Glitch Olaf that is super disturbing. While not exactly that, I think we as a community have to start creating a storyline for the game. VMK never really had one, but what does that matter? Let's create quests that show more of the cross involvement in-between the mascots (By the way adding a mascot to Frontierland and Tomorrowland would also be great since, outside of occassional quests, there's really no reason to enter to either of these lands.)

I do have to agree as well with a lot of the things that have said before me as well:

COMMUNICATION.
Communication has been really lacking for a long while from the devs. I would love to see the Hosts just randomly join people for games of PotC or HM. I loved seeing the community updates you used to do as well Amy. Especially the YouTube videos and Twitch streams where you teased new functions from future builds of the game. And, in general, The community has really suffered from the lack of information you give us. Personally, I think what you need is a proper community manager outside of the game. Somebody that answers questions from the official Twitter and retweets fan art. Somebody who constantly checks the forums to chat with the people. I know a lot of the Hosts already do that last one but I still think it's an important thing to have.

ECONOMY
The economy of the game truly is worse than it could be. Ultra Rares are just not seen anymore and people like me who stopped playing for a while and just came back about a month or two ago are really struggling to get a footing. I also believe that a reset to the economy is a must.

AVAILABILITY
The availability of the game feels truly like a ridiculous thing to ask for improvement on for a Free To Play game but it is true. Firstly, a lot of people who wanna play the game can't simply by the fact that they have a Mac. I think it's time to get that done. Secondly, When was the last time we heard about the game moving from Flash to Java so that it could be played on any browser and even mobile devices without trouble? This is a priority in my eyes.

I think that is all I really do have to say. I really do love this game and the people playing it (Even if I myself don't speak up much) I wish that the game can be even better thanks to all the suggestions from us. And finally, thanks Amy for listening to us. I really does mean the world whenn a Game Dev listens to its fanbase.

Tl;Dr: VMK needs to finish putting in the content that it's missing while creating its own identity alongside the community as well as giving everybody a fair chance at having a proper amount of money in the game. Also make the game available to Mac users.

riddleguy

Heres what I want to see:
COMMUNICATION
I feel you guys do a great job communicating events and issues! However, i feel you guys could be better at communicating with us about what's coming feature/new addition wise. I know there's some sort of exciting addition planned for summer release. It's nice to have surprises and i think the themes/new items/re-releases should stay a surprise. However,stuff outside of new items should be given previews/sneak peaks/teases and an estimated release.

RE-RELEASES
I think you guys should take a sort of vault disney approach and re-release items more often to keep the economy in check. I feel when you guys released the belle outfit in the shop for a limited time last month, i feel you guys should have re-released beasts outfit for the same amount of time as the belle outfit in the imports shop for the game's male players. There are so many options for re-releasing items. Forum contests, having theme in potc chests with the months theme items,having something like the easter basket event,hide and seek prizes,in-game quests or even releasing them in a shops unused specials page...would be nice if neds shop and the emporium had something to buy from the specials page.

Last edited:

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
There are some things we cannot re-release because they were made by a designer who does not want us to re-release them, so we are respecting their wishes. This would include the Beast Outfit.

riddleguy

There are some things we cannot re-release because they were made by a designer who does not want us to re-release them, so we are respecting their wishes. This would include the Beast Outfit.
I guess that explains why the beast outfit wasn't re-released. I think in that case,you guys should take a vault disney approach to re-release all stuff that can be re-released going forward. Also all future items should be stuff that can be re-released later on down the road. At the very least,limit the furnishings/outfit/hat stuff that will never be re-released and give advance notice for the furnishings/outfits/hat stuff that won't ever be re-released.

BTW the upcoming stars wars day(may 4th) would be a great occasion to re-release the star wars items if they are re-releasable

Last edited:
It would still be nice to have some re-releases rolling around here, even if it's just building furni and not ultra rares. I like riddleguy's idea of the star wars day items, I haven't seen any furni or pins of them in a while since.. I guess nearly or over a year ago. I do too respect the designer's wishes as well but I personally think the game is getting a bit dull.. new items are cool and exciting but from the last post by staff, life happens. I'm not sure who all can implement items into the game but re-releasing could come in handy for the just in case scenarios like this month.

At what point do you give up on hide and seek? I feel like I have wasted HOURS trying to win one of the pins.[DOUBLEPOST=1494274679][/DOUBLEPOST]I always enter the room when someone else is trading with the host.
This^^ lol
I don't participate in hide n seek often bc I'm either not on or I can never find a staff member before someone else does

Not entirely sure how this issue can be resolved except maybe a 30 min announcement instead of 15 or hold the events more frequent? Or maybe hold one that's convenient for each time zone? For example I'm pst time and usually the hide and seek events are too early in the day for me to attend. Idk if any of these would work but some kind of adjustment on this event would be appreciated for members like Peasy and I :)

riddleguy

At what point do you give up on hide and seek? I feel like I have wasted HOURS trying to win one of the pins.[DOUBLEPOST=1494274679][/DOUBLEPOST]I always enter the room when someone else is trading with the host.
@HOST_Rafiki @HOST_Duchess @HOST_Pegasus @VMK_HoneyLemon @VMK_Rapunzel
I honestly think the hide and seek needs to be adjusted. I played for first time yesterday and I found it frustrating never finding a staff member for like 10 mins and then when i did find a staff member they were already trading. I think at very least they should announce how many staff are hiding and when a staff member is found that alone would make the game more fun and not make me feel like im on a wild goose chase. Also maybe allowing multiple people to find a staff member or giving hints more like you did for that last staff hiding one time recently on vmk central?

@HOST_Rafiki @HOST_Duchess @HOST_Pegasus @VMK_HoneyLemon @VMK_Rapunzel
I honestly think the hide and seek needs to be adjusted. I played for first time yesterday and I found it frustrating never finding a staff member for like 10 mins and then when i did find a staff member they were already trading. I think at very least they should announce how many staff are hiding and when a staff member is found that alone would make the game more fun and not make me feel like im on a wild goose chase. Also maybe allowing multiple people to find a staff member or giving hints more like you did for that last staff hiding one time recently on vmk central?
I disagree with this. Its suppose to be a challenge. They dont just hide once, they hide till their found then go to a new spot and hide again; so its not find them once or you're SOL. Your issue is since this is your first time participating, you dont know the usual spots. Once you get the hang of it youll notice a pattern of where they hide and it helps. Its frustrating yes but its suppose to be and thats the fun of the hunt. Also, they usually only do hints if they havent been found in a while. Not just in general because itd be hard to give hints to where 5+ people are hiding and they change after theyre found so it wouldnt even do good.

I disagree with this. Its suppose to be a challenge. They dont just hide once, they hide till their found then go to a new spot and hide again; so its not find them once or you're SOL. Your issue is since this is your first time participating, you dont know the usual spots. Once you get the hang of it youll notice a pattern of where they hide and it helps. Its frustrating yes but its suppose to be and thats the fun of the hunt. Also, they usually only do hints if they havent been found in a while. Not just in general because itd be hard to give hints to where 5+ people are hiding and they change after theyre found so it wouldnt even do good.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I also like to add that the problem with hide n seek is campers. Not only is it annoying, but you're ruining the fun for everybody.

riddleguy

Took the words right out of my mouth. I also like to add that the problem with hide n seek is campers. Not only is it annoying, but you're ruining the fun for everybody.
You and @Cowboy_Pirate make a good point. But there has to be some way to make it less frustrating while keeping it challenging.... or deal with the campers besides not hiding in the rooms being camped

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
The loading screen needs to be changed back to the original please. I thought the one up now was just for April Fools...
We are working on making new loading screens. The one before the current loading screens cannot be re-released because the designer who made that loading screen will not allow us to use their designs for the game anymore. Also, the loading screens that are currently being used were only intended for being used for the duration of Pixar Month.