MyVMK Staff Announcement: Transitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyVMK Staff

MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
Hello everyone, a quick update from the MyVMK Staff

We want to apologize for how long it’s taken us to update everyone about the status of the game. We know that we told you that we would be more transparent with you and we really are working on it. Before we posted anything, though, we wanted to have all of our ducks in a row. We wanted to make sure that we had the correct information before we shared it with you.

The staff team as a whole is going through a transition phase. No, we have not lost any other staff members, but we are going through an organizational change so-to-speak. We’ve been reviewing lately how the game is run as well as how theming and releases are handled. The game is also going through a migration to a different server, which has caused a few hiccups along the way in regards to uploading items and setting chest prizes.

As we stated before (in previous comments throughout our forums), the administrators are the only people who currently know how to upload and set releases/SITS/chest prizes, and they have been on vacation. Things have snowballed and we understand and empathize the frustration everyone’s been feeling. How are we going to be fixing this? More staff members will be taught how to upload items and set them for releases and prizes. We’re hoping this eliminates any delay in releases. Please bear with us as we go through a teaching process.

Please Remember...
In comparison to the original VMK, MyVMK has a lot of added features: monthly theming, weekly releases, no closing time, less filters, and most importantly a volunteer staff as opposed to a paid staff. That being said, we are all volunteers. We have daily lives, jobs, families, and we do what we can for this game in our spare time. We understand people have been upset with the way the last two months have gone, and we’re upset too, so we're working on improving the game in an all-around sense.

We are doing our best to make these changes happen as quick as possible and to get the game back on track, and will be updating you all as often as we can.

Thank you for sticking with us.

HOST_Pegasus

y'all ever gonna make the game playable on macs tho[DOUBLEPOST=1495593803][/DOUBLEPOST]
not tryna sound ungrateful but myvmk launcher stopped working for me and i just wanna know how long i have to suffer /:
I'm sorry that you're currently unable to get into the game, and I can assure you that our developer is currently working on getting a mac client up and running! At this time we don't have a specific release date, but once more information is available on it we will be sure to let you and everyone else know.
In the mean time, here is the link to a thread with some potentially helpful information. I hope that this thread will allow you to get back in the game!
Good luck, and if you need any further help with anything please don't hesitate to contact myself or any other MyVMK Staff!
xo

The only question I have is what's going to happen to the items that are finished but not released like the items from Inside Out/Up Pixar month and this Sci-fi month? Will they be released as soon as possible regardless of the month's theme or will there be a makeup month or will they be forgotten all together? I hope they come out at some point :/

VMK_Kida

Atlantean Princess
The only question I have is what's going to happen to the items that are finished but not released like the items from Inside Out/Up Pixar month and this Sci-fi month? Will they be released as soon as possible regardless of the month's theme or will there be a makeup month or will they be forgotten all together? I hope they come out at some point :/
To my knowledge, Amy fully intends on releasing the items from the Inside Out/UP month. The poll she made for everyone wanted to see these items released in-game. As of right now, we have no more information regarding the Sci fi months items, but I can happily find out for you.

We thank everyone for being so patient with us as we know how frustrating it is.

Hello everyone, a quick update from the MyVMK Staff

We want to apologize for how long it’s taken us to update everyone about the status of the game. We know that we told you that we would be more transparent with you and we really are working on it. Before we posted anything, though, we wanted to have all of our ducks in a row. We wanted to make sure that we had the correct information before we shared it with you.

The staff team as a whole is going through a transition phase. No, we have not lost any other staff members, but we are going through an organizational change so-to-speak. We’ve been reviewing lately how the game is run as well as how theming and releases are handled. The game is also going through a migration to a different server, which has caused a few hiccups along the way in regards to uploading items and setting chest prizes.

As we stated before (in previous comments throughout our forums), the administrators are the only people who currently know how to upload and set releases/SITS/chest prizes, and they have been on vacation. Things have snowballed and we understand and empathize the frustration everyone’s been feeling. How are we going to be fixing this? More staff members will be taught how to upload items and set them for releases and prizes. We’re hoping this eliminates any delay in releases. Please bear with us as we go through a teaching process.

Please Remember...
In comparison to the original VMK, MyVMK has a lot of added features: monthly theming, weekly releases, no closing time, less filters, and most importantly a volunteer staff as opposed to a paid staff. That being said, we are all volunteers. We have daily lives, jobs, families, and we do what we can for this game in our spare time. We understand people have been upset with the way the last two months have gone, and we’re upset too, so we're working on improving the game in an all-around sense.

We are doing our best to make these changes happen as quick as possible and to get the game back on track, and will be updating you all as often as we can.

Thank you for sticking with us.
When can Mac players actually play? I haven't been able to play for over a year.

I'm sorry that you're currently unable to get into the game, and I can assure you that our developer is currently working on getting a mac client up and running! At this time we don't have a specific release date, but once more information is available on it we will be sure to let you and everyone else know.
In the mean time, here is the link to a thread with some potentially helpful information. I hope that this thread will allow you to get back in the game!
Good luck, and if you need any further help with anything please don't hesitate to contact myself or any other MyVMK Staff!
xo
When can Mac players actually play? I haven't been able to play for over a year.

CandyCars

Thanks for the update! I ( along with so many others ) SO MUCH appreciate all your hard work to bring this magical place back and keep it running. I can't wait to see what the future holds! :)

And I believe some wise guy once said..

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ;)

While I'm kind of appreciative for the new items (well, some recolored items such as the pandora rock, and some leaves, I'm really not fond of) it's still a bit lacking.... I feel like its lazy work. The groots, the walkman hat, panodra carpets (not water carpet) and the tree were the only things that were very creative. I understand people are demanding items here and there because of what happened last month, but history will repeat itself.
"well we just gave you guys items and you're still complaining?!" well yea, it's just recolored items with a splash of cool stuff. I really liked the walkman and I thought why not make star lord's jacket? That would have been really cool.... I also understand today is the opening of Pandora and the 25th was GOTG: mission breakout, so yes thank you for that but i sincerely hope this will not be the last batch of items for this month.
This is all very frustrating for some with the lack of items, and I understand that only two people can upload items and life happens yea yea we know, we always knew. Being here for 3 years, I wouldn't be surprised anymore if this happens once again. This happened last year I believe but it was like only 1 month and they got their act together since till now. We get that life happens, we KNOW you guys are volunteers since day 1 of this game, no matter when you started, but this is too ridiculous. The amount of times I want to walk out because of staff related stuff is quite a lot, but I keep coming back for the items. However, no items no playtime = not really caring anymore. "Why not just go then lol", that's cool, the community is dying anyway.

I want to see how this game will succeed though, how they can overcome these hard obstacles.With that, I hope my two cents will wake someone up.

While I'm kind of appreciative for the new items (well, some recolored items such as the pandora rock, and some leaves, I'm really not fond of) it's still a bit lacking.... I feel like its lazy work. The groots, the walkman hat, panodra carpets (not water carpet) and the tree were the only things that were very creative. I understand people are demanding items here and there because of what happened last month, but history will repeat itself.
"well we just gave you guys items and you're still complaining?!" well yea, it's just recolored items with a splash of cool stuff. I really liked the walkman and I thought why not make star lord's jacket? That would have been really cool.... I also understand today is the opening of Pandora and the 25th was GOTG: mission breakout, so yes thank you for that but i sincerely hope this will not be the last batch of items for this month.
This is all very frustrating for some with the lack of items, and I understand that only two people can upload items and life happens yea yea we know, we always knew. Being here for 3 years, I wouldn't be surprised anymore if this happens once again. This happened last year I believe but it was like only 1 month and they got their act together since till now. We get that life happens, we KNOW you guys are volunteers since day 1 of this game, no matter when you started, but this is too ridiculous. The amount of times I want to walk out because of staff related stuff is quite a lot, but I keep coming back for the items. However, no items no playtime = not really caring anymore. "Why not just go then lol", that's cool, the community is dying anyway.

I want to see how this game will succeed though, how they can overcome these hard obstacles.With that, I hope my two cents will wake someone up.
^I think Rosey's post sums up a lot. The new original items are great (the leaf carpet, the walkman, groot pin) but the plants are recolors of PPR ride parts. These could have been replaced with other items related to the theme that were created for the theme OR re-releases. I'm not sure how staff keeps their items but if anything there should be items from OG VMK for backup releases in case a situation like this happens. I know some original items still exist hence why we still have some items in game from the original (turkey cart, minnie winter outfit, magic from OG, items in the regular shop page, rooms, etc.). There could have very possibly been a re-release of the Tron guest room and tron room items. I think that might have been a better option than the recolors and would be greatly appreciated for those of us that are dying to have some of the original vmk items back in game (I know the tron room was released once in the past but still).

New items and re-releases are part of why a lot of people play. It gives a motive for people to play to use the items or to trade them for other things. Quests and events do keep the community alive too but items add onto that especially for those that can't attend events or quests.

Like Rosey said, most of the community is aware that life happens and that the staff have lives outside of this game. However, as long as staff is going to keep this game running with theme months each month then there should be an emergency plan set up for when admins can't release items or designers can't make new items, or whatever reason there may be to restricting the theme.

Thank you Rosey for posting your response and thank you staff for still working on this game. I'm not unappreciative of what you guys do but I'm just trying to suggest how some issues can be addressed in order to keep people coming back to the game and so it's not so stressful on you guys to feel pressured to make and release new items constantly. Please do not take my post the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.