What do YOU want to happen with the game?

We are working on making new loading screens. The one before the current loading screens cannot be re-released because the designer who made that loading screen will not allow us to use their designs for the game anymore. Also, the loading screens that are currently being used were only intended for being used for the duration of Pixar Month.
You were contacted by a game designer to not use OG splash artwork?

HOST_Pegasus

@HOST_Rafiki @HOST_Duchess @HOST_Pegasus @VMK_HoneyLemon @VMK_Rapunzel
I honestly think the hide and seek needs to be adjusted. I played for first time yesterday and I found it frustrating never finding a staff member for like 10 mins and then when i did find a staff member they were already trading. I think at very least they should announce how many staff are hiding and when a staff member is found that alone would make the game more fun and not make me feel like im on a wild goose chase. Also maybe allowing multiple people to find a staff member or giving hints more like you did for that last staff hiding one time recently on vmk central?
My apologies, I personally hadn't seen this sooner otherwise I would have responded!

As was mentioned by players after, Hide and Seek does have some structure to it, it just hasn't been well explained yet! We will send an alert and tweet 15 minutes prior to beginning the round. Staff hide simultaneously, and once we are found we make the trade with the first person to correctly say the statement "I found you STAFF_Name", using this exact format, adjusted to the staff member's name. Once the trade has been completed, we move on to hide in a new location. Campers are still a problem despite our best efforts to eliminate them. If there are campers in a room, we simply move onto another hiding spot where there are no campers. It unfortunately does take away from the experience of everyone else as it is one room guaranteed to not have a staff member in, so long as someone is camping there. There is no set number of hides, it all depends on how quickly we are found. At the end of the round once all staff members have been found, we will send another alert to state that we have been found. If player activity decreases and it seems to be taking a while for a staff member to be found, we will send an alert with a hint indicating where said staff member(s) is hiding to help players find them, such as that example you're referring to.

Moving forward, we can discuss sending alerts with more notice, such as 30 minutes as was previously suggested here, and also to state how many staff members are hiding. However I do not believe there is any thought to sending alerts every time a staff member has been found. We will also discuss running the events at a wider variety of times to accommodate for varying schedules and time zones.

Speaking for myself, Hide and Seek is a fun event that does get slightly easier the more you participate. Don't give up faith if it takes you a while to get into the swing of things (:

riddleguy

My apologies, I personally hadn't seen this sooner otherwise I would have responded!

As was mentioned by players after, Hide and Seek does have some structure to it, it just hasn't been well explained yet! We will send an alert and tweet 15 minutes prior to beginning the round. Staff hide simultaneously, and once we are found we make the trade with the first person to correctly say the statement "I found you STAFF_Name", using this exact format, adjusted to the staff member's name. Once the trade has been completed, we move on to hide in a new location. Campers are still a problem despite our best efforts to eliminate them. If there are campers in a room, we simply move onto another hiding spot where there are no campers. It unfortunately does take away from the experience of everyone else as it is one room guaranteed to not have a staff member in, so long as someone is camping there. There is no set number of hides, it all depends on how quickly we are found. At the end of the round once all staff members have been found, we will send another alert to state that we have been found. If player activity decreases and it seems to be taking a while for a staff member to be found, we will send an alert with a hint indicating where said staff member(s) is hiding to help players find them, such as that example you're referring to.

Moving forward, we can discuss sending alerts with more notice, such as 30 minutes as was previously suggested here, and also to state how many staff members are hiding. However I do not believe there is any thought to sending alerts every time a staff member has been found. We will also discuss running the events at a wider variety of times to accommodate for varying schedules and time zones.

Speaking for myself, Hide and Seek is a fun event that does get slightly easier the more you participate. Don't give up faith if it takes you a while to get into the swing of things (:
@HOST_Pegasus Having partipated in more hide and seek events and even managing to get a pin...i think hide and seek is fine as it is. But i think looking into sending alerts with more notice and running at wider variety of times is a good idea. Also maybe see if there is some way to alleive frustration for first time players? I think simply saying what you said in an alert or the calendar desc would be good enough! "Hide and Seek is a fun event that does get slightly easier the more you participate. Don't give up faith if it takes you a while to get into the swing of things (:" if i had seen that sentence in the event info ...i probobly wouldnt have complained.

miimagination

Hi Amy
It would be nice to be able to purchase the rooms that the original game had for reasonable credits and to be able to play POTC and other games without glitches and lagging. I remember how smooth the ships would sale and when u shot the cannons, they would dispense at the time u hit the button on ur keyboard. If the games were more precise and GUI friendly, I personally think you would see a nice influx on users of MyVMKPal. This game is TRULY the next best thing (Virtually) to Disney themed attractions. Thank you.

Kadsx

nsfw=never safe from waluigi
The economy of this game is a little crazy. I've seen people trying to sell their ultra rares for over a million credits! I'd have to sell my entire inventory and play POTC for days on end to even come close to that. Re-release the things you can, even put older, rarer items in stuff like the pods and crates just to stimulate the economy more. Also, definitely agree with room competitions! Those were the bomb.

As a genuine lover of VMK and Disney, as well as this remake, I want nothing but the best in order for this game to thrive like the original. That being said, there are a plethora of changes that need to be addressed. 2013-2014 was probably the most active and in my opinion the best times in the game.

The first drastic change (which the whole May debacle could've been avoided entirely) was when one of our admins had stepped down/fired.

These are the changes that need to be met in order for the game to thrive because we can obviously see that the player base has shrunken tremendously.

1. Hire/re-hire all original staff (including our designer)

This means getting rid of all the current in-game administrators, moderators, designers and hosts and hiring back those who actually knew what they were doing. There has been nothing to show for after one entire year of rifts between staff members, quitting and hiring of those who are incapable of fulfilling their duties. This means leave your personal bias out of the hiring process. I understand that these are volunteers doing it out of their free time but the favoritism needs to end, because the game is sinking. And the fact that you had to post this thread only confirms it.

2. New applications

In addition to re-hiring the old staff, create a new set of application forms and let the old staff take care of the hiring process. I understand that you are also part of designing the new items. This needs to stop. The items look nothing like the game's designs. You have a special talent something no one could match up to. As the coder, your stress should be eased by not fulfilling the other duties but to continue coding.

3. Incentives

There are only a handful of rooms which are occupied by players, the Pirates lobby, the fantasyland courtyard and guest rooms which have 20 people in the top room at max.

There are many options the game can thrive on as long as it has incentives for players to keep playing.

- Crates (keys, pop-up crates, colored crates)
- Blind Bags from mini games
- Dream-like events
- Trivia games
- Mazes
- Rare items in the sword and stone
- Rare items in the Pirates chests
- Hidden bags/ crates around the VMK map
- Quests
- treasure hunts

These are just a few ideas which would undoubtedly create more activity within the kingdom.

4. Punctuality

This is especially needed in regards to Host events and weekly realeases. Lately there has been issues of the newsletter not being put up on time and host events being canceled. I understand that everyone has personal obligations to attend to, which should obviously be first priority. However, this has been a reoccurring issue ever since the Pirates Game was set to release.

There should be no set time/date until you are 100% sure everything is working completely fine. This will not only make you look more professional but also garner more respect from your peers and players. (This is should also be taken as real world advice)

5. Communication

Back in 2013 and 2014 it was an amazing feeling to interact with you and other staff members. Just to talk and to listen to the progress of the game. I've learned that communication is absolute key in order to get a better understanding which would also clear up any misunderstandings and concerns that players may have.

Many players have either quit and lost interest due to negligence of the game that could be a mixture of which five of these points cover. There needs to be drastic changes. The player base is noticibly shrinking (which even newer players are noticing)

It's all up to you to make these decisions.

Personally, I would love to see this game thrive like it did before.
Nothing makes me happier to see my childhood game come back to life and to experience it with those who felt the same.

I hope you take these points into consideration. You have an extremely special talent and I as well as other players cannot thank you enough for this game.

But there needs to be some extreme measures taken.
i completely agree with this i used to gert on all the time and havent been on for years and noone ever comes on any ore after the old staff got fired.... the graphics cant compare anymore to what they used to be.. i wish i could say i look forward to new stuff but half the time i look at the items like....... is this for real..

Matt

IGN: Streetlight
The economy of this game is a little crazy. I've seen people trying to sell their ultra rares for over a million credits! I'd have to sell my entire inventory and play POTC for days on end to even come close to that. Re-release the things you can, even put older, rarer items in stuff like the pods and crates just to stimulate the economy more. Also, definitely agree with room competitions! Those were the bomb.
I agree with you on this one ALOT! I just started playing again and I feel so lost on whats "rare" and whats not. Everyone just wants to farm credits to get the ultras and I feel really left out of the community and economy.

riddleguy

I would like to see quest kiosks made cheap(1-2k) until they are fixed. Last i checked, quest kiosks cost 30k but theres a bug where quest kiosks stop working after its used once. More player quests would liven up the game but not many people want to pay 30k for a bugged quest kiosk.

I worked on the media side of the gaming industry and when i play this Gem there are just a couple of things missing (besides the players).

On the guest room page you can see a player count. you want to talk? well there are 3 players in this room. i wish there was a counter for the kingdom rooms, and i know they are all in Fantasy courtyard but it would be nice to know if there was a party at the dungeon.

will there be a holiday make over? Nice pumpkins or Christmas decorations.

Then there is the shrinking player base. what causes this?
how can new players find VMK?
what can they do here besides grinding the rides for a sword pulling magic pin.
what would make this game fun to stream? and would Disney like this game to be popular?

On the forum there are big post about quest, partys and prizes but to be honest i have no clue how this works. There were tickets and a meeting at the Esplanade but isn't it simpler to use the quest machines at VMK central? and are there still quest ? like a hidden mickey photo quest? the drivers licences?

Do people really need to use the forum to know about all the party and prizes stuff? cant we do that in game?

There was also something what i noticed on the form. There are a lot of this "What would you see/add/chance" post. In my country we have a nice theme park and dedicated fans (sometimes to dedicated) and they made a website and its really simple. If you have a idea about a see/add/chance you can submit it, give it a good reason and it will end up in a list. Once a week all the members get 3 votes and they vote on the best see/add/chance. So you can simply see what the top 10 see/add/chance are and we dont have to go trough 300 post. Did they fixed a big bugg or add the request to the game it goes off the list.

maybe i'm completely wrong about all of this and sorry for my bad English, hopefully i didn't confuse you with weird grammar.

Ken

will work for trades
I think that everyone on here has a duty to keep this game kicking and afloat...not just staff, and i know this has been said before but we need to be posting about the game, whether its on twitter, snapchat, facebook or wherever you feel you can hit a group of people who may be interested in the game. Spread the word and tell people just how fun this game can be, bring back the trading market, make the minigames packed every night, we definitely need to work hard to bring this game back to its former glory. As i said dont just leave it up to stuff, they already have enough on there plate to deal with. It's up to us to bring back the glory days of vmk and i think it can happen if we just try a bit harder...

I think that everyone on here has a duty to keep this game kicking and afloat...not just staff, and i know this has been said before but we need to be posting about the game, whether its on twitter, snapchat, facebook or wherever you feel you can hit a group of people who may be interested in the game. Spread the word and tell people just how fun this game can be, bring back the trading market, make the minigames packed every night, we definitely need to work hard to bring this game back to its former glory. As i said dont just leave it up to stuff, they already have enough on there plate to deal with. It's up to us to bring back the glory days of vmk and i think it can happen if we just try a bit harder...
you have my vote, lets work out how we can attract new players and keep them here.

Things I think vmk needs:
-Hangout Events. There doesn't need to be a prize or anything but once a week schedule a hangout in a different room, so people can socialize and actually spend time in rooms other than the pirates lobby.
-Item database. I'll go on the forums and see what people are trading and some things I have no idea what they even are. So if we had a database where you could just type in the objects name and a picture of it would show up, would be amazing.
-Crates. Even though at times I hated them, I have never played vmk as much as I did back when the crates were a thing. Do you know how many shells I collected to get crates and keys back in the day?! (also, I kinda really miss the shells. I used to get so many credits from that. It was easy and you could actually talk to people while collecting them)
-Player Counter. Something on the home screen that told you how many players are on and what the most popular rooms are would be helpful
-Blind Bags. I remember at one point we used to get blind bags from playing HM, and I loved that. I think that needs to be brought back

riddleguy

Things I think vmk needs:

-Blind Bags. I remember at one point we used to get blind bags from playing HM, and I loved that. I think that needs to be brought back
We had blind bags not too long ago for couples month you could get by playing HM. and you could also earn them from fireworks,jungle cruise and pirates.