shrek, and how it's influenced my life

Gladly

i'm a frog...and i'm feeling F R E S H
so for quite a few years, i was in this musical theatre group. unfortunately, it was aimed towards a younger demographic, so after you've turned 19, you'd be unable to participate in it unless you're volunteering or teaching. anyway, i had to stop for a while because school was taking over my time, but when the group announced they were gonna do guys and dolls, i decided i was going to audition. i was 18, so it would have been my very last show with them. i had made new friends and strengthened older relationships there because a lot of my friends were into acting and singing. i had also really blossomed in that group and it made me realize i really want to do more acting in the future.

anyway, at the last minute (like 3-4 months before they were going to start auditions) i received an email. they changed the show from 'guys and dolls' to 'shrek.' obviously, i was devastated. i don't have the courage to put a meme on my resume. so, i remembered that there was another musical group that allows older kids to audition and get roles. i went to check out that website, because if i remember correctly, i think i was on a bit of a break after having graduated high school (i graduated before i turned 18).

before i continue, these groups are in no way affiliated. one was more secular while the one i've been in for a long time was a christian-based group.

so i went on their website to see when they're hosting the next auditions, as well as to see what their next show will be, which is going to be around the same time as the other one.

guess what show they were doing next?

SHREK. THEY WERE DOING SHREK, TOO. THE ONLY TWO MUSICAL THEATRE GROUPS I KNEW OF WERE BOTH GOING TO BE PERFORMING SHREK IN THE SAME SEASON, THE SAME YEAR.

needless to say, i haven't performed on stage aside from some choir in 2, nearly 3 years. because of shrek. :blank:

Gladly

i'm a frog...and i'm feeling F R E S H
That awkward moment when two of your favorite musicals are Legally Blonde and

wait for it

Shrek
:sweat: back then i was a lot less appreciative of shrek, but i was told later on that the musical was much better than the first movie. i just can't get the really weird cgi animation out of my head, unfortunately. not to mention the movies really are just known for the meme material. not many people take it seriously these days. i know a few people who really enjoy the franchise, but they're so few and far between!

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
I know this thread is old but I performed in shrek the musical my junior year of high school. I'm 21 now and it still haunts me every day of my life lololol. I downloaded the soundtrack to help with lines. It's still on my phone. Please send help.

Bimbette

Your #1 Bimb
I did Shrek in high school and it was actually what made me pursue acting. If you ever get the chance, do it. It will introduce you to some amazing people because every time I meet someone who's done it, they said the best the to come out of that show is the friendships they've made.