Quests Feedback

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
A couple points I've noticed that I wanted to point out for the quests this month:

I really miss the all-day quests. I don't see a reason of having only 1 hour time-span for the quest? The point of a quest VS a host event is that a quest does not need to be monitored/run by staff, so leaving it open all day should be no problem. Adding on to that, all the quests are right around the same time all the month, so if you can't play around that time, you don't get to do any of them.

Why require us to go into a guest room to start? We have a quest button on the bottom row of buttons. Or set it up in a public room that can have multiple instances. There was a 70+ person queue to get in.

And apparently (Can't confirm since I'm still waiting in queue) you need to re-enter the room for a later question to collect a gem? And HOSTS confirmed to me that the room closes at 7pm? With as long as the queue took, I'm probably not going to be able to complete the quest AND re-wait in that long queue.

Sorry, this was just so poorly designed.

I know the HOSTS were overwhelmed because if you had to relog or have the game crash (which joining a queue does for a lot of people), you lose your progress in the quests. They were trying to help people individually but there were so many people and no organization (no line or anything) that a lot of us ended up waiting in the room for 10-15 minutes. They eventually gave everyone who was in the room the prize.

This could have largely been avoided if the quest was not in a guest room. For me at least, joining a queue will freeze the game at least 1/2 the time. I know it is similar for a lot of people. Please consider putting the quest in a public room with multiple instances to avoid this in the future.

Last edited:
I disconnected and the quest expired. So, that means starting the whole quest IF I can get back in before it closes at 7
Same thing happened to me. Re-joined queue, game froze, relogged and my quest is gone.
This happened to me as well, and then I was 1st in the queue to get back in to restart and the VMK fast pass thing closed. I'm so upset.

PlayerOne

You can send a CFH to get back into the room, but I've been waiting in host room for 10-15 minutes, and they're trying to help other people + keep bring new people in (without any kind of line).

GL.

I feel like there could of been a better idea to designing the guest room besides using the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor...

edit: I missed when quests were on Sundays and were either open for 12 hours in a guest room with no q or were placed in a public room so we'd have to hit the Q button in order to start.

Last edited:
Got stuck in the que (still 70+) trying to get back in for the second time and time ran up.. Literally a couple questions away from completing it[emoji53] So that was a waste of an hour for me lol

SiriuslySaintlike

"I'm holy. Holey, Fred. Geddit?"
I liked the quest itself quite a lot. The questions were tricky, but not impossible, even if you aren't very familiar with Hannah Montana (which I'm not). I liked having to search for particular rooms and items. It added some extra difficulty, but in a good way. Sometimes just following instructions to go certain places gets redundant, so it was a refreshing change. I do think that the set-up for the quest caused some difficulties that were a little less favorable. I'm sure it was a pain for staff, as well as players, to deal with. I don't necessarily mind the change from the all-day quests, but it would be nice if they were at different times of day to give more people a chance. I think the biggest issue with it (at least for me) is having to go back into the original guest room to finish the quest. It takes most of that given hour just to get through the queue twice. I like the ideas behind the new changes, but usually when changes occur there are unforeseen issues that arise, and unfortunately this time is no different.

I totally agree with you @PlayerOne the quests are all around the same time of the day, AND they are only available for an hour. When I saw that on the calendar I thought, oh, maybe these are host events...but I was wrong. I can't make it to any of these quests due to being at work monday-saturday. I'm really upset that it's not available on the weekend for a full 24 hours. If it's not broke, don't fix it right.... they had the timing right the first time.

Bimbette

Your #1 Bimb
I do agree that having to reenter the room caused a lot of issues for everyone. However, I was perfectly okay with the way it was set up. I've been playing for a long time and tbh hosts often did quest events in the room. There's a different for the all day quests (ie the one we had on Christmas) and host event quests like this one. Some were all day, some were just an hour. It depends on the host and what their schedule is like.

As for the "personal gripe" with the Hannah Montana themed quest, that's like asking for every host event to be different... like recover the lamp be changed for a That's So Raven theme.

Idk, I just feel like if you really had this much of an issue with these events, become an authoritative role :)

At risk of piling on, having a one hour quest where you wait in the SAME long queue twice, along with waiting for people to stop afk-ing on top of charms, is a recipe for calls for help and unnecessary tension. This shouldn't have come as a surprise. Don't do that to yourselves. :P

Last edited:

PlayerOne

I do agree that having to reenter the room caused a lot of issues for everyone. However, I was perfectly okay with the way it was set up. I've been playing for a long time and tbh hosts often did quest events in the room. There's a different for the all day quests (ie the one we had on Christmas) and host event quests like this one. Some were all day, some were just an hour. It depends on the host and what their schedule is like.

As for the "personal gripe" with the Hannah Montana themed quest, that's like asking for every host event to be different... like recover the lamp be changed for a That's So Raven theme.
You're comparing Quests to events which really shouldn't be a comparison. You say that how long a quest is active all depends on the hosts schedule, but that's the point of a quest, that it should be someone a player can start, go through, and finish, all without needing to interact with a HOST, unlike an event which needs constant supervision/management by staff. Staffs schedule shouldn't matter when releasing a quest, as seen by the all day quests last month, it is perfectly reasonable to do. I'm just pushing for more accessibility for the quests, which really shouldn't be an issue at all, because unless you can get online from 7-8pm on weekdays (which you may have no prior obligations, but others do), you will miss out on every single quest for the rest of the month....when there really should be no need. I'm just looking for an explanation on the arbitrary 1 hour time window when we saw how well the all day quests worked last month.

And yes, all of the quests being Hannah-Montana themed is a personal opinion that I stated (which I regret, since it seems to be taking away from the discussion of the overall design and implementation of the quests), I just hope that since the quests are all the same themed, they are at least different so that they are more enjoyable. Wouldn't make sense to run the exact same quest 4 times during a month, not when all 4 timeslots are pretty identical.

Idk, I just feel like if you really had this much of an issue with these events, become an authoritative role :)
I would really hope that staff would take constructive criticism into account, even welcome it. And that's what I try to make all my comments when critiquing something on the forums, constructive. If I just made a post saying "omg these quests were terrible, make better ones ty" than yeah, that last sentence may have a little bit of merit. But I pointed out problems that I thought impeded the enjoyment of the quest, why those issues existed, and possible solutions for future quests. I mean, that's like saying "If you have an issue with the government, just go get elected to congress. Don't make thoughtful and logical criticism about the issues, just do better yourself instead of making your opinions known".

Last edited:
My main issue is the timing. I've been with this community for a year now and the quests have ALWAYS been available for a full 24 hours to accommodate everyone. It's the one hour limit that upsets me. I have no issue with the quest theme. I love hannah montana personally. And I'm upset that I wont be able to make it to any of the quests. At. All.

HapaBruja

Ur Fave Mixed Witch
I really loved this quest today, it was seriously so much fun regardless of the theme, and reminded me of the magic of old VMK! Players all over the park in different rooms, helping each other out and having fun, it was seriously awesome.

I agree with most others here, why does this need to be an hour long quest? I was lucky that I could be around for the quest today, if you count "out of work with an injury" as lucky, because that's the only way I was able to actually be around to participate in this quest today. Out of the two events today (Tipton & Hanna Quest), the quest was the most fun and required much less staff oversight. I hope to see more of these types of quests in the future and please, please extend them to 24 hours?? (maybe put a time limit on the quest for an hour after you start it if we're looking to add some urgency...)