2018 Design an Egg Contest - Voting!

Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to go ahead and put in my 2cents, I agree with the opinion that it should have been stated that the eggs may be added into game.
For example, and this may be cocky, but I feel like my egg was pretty decent, also feel like it could have made top 10,
at the same time, I wouldn't have done a detailed rabbit or flower had I known it would have been an in game item at all.

Just putting in my 2cents.
Just an opinion.. still think the top 10 are great and the contest is cool.
Your bunny was SO amazing... :hearts::hearts::hearts:
And that's why I'm confused... it's so good but not good enough for top 10? You've been in top 10 multiple times, you're super talented. I don't understand.

Bill_Murray

I get that y’all are butthurt cuz you didn’t win, and I agree that it seems unfair to not announce the fact that the winners would be chosen based off of which would be able to be implemented in the game. However, seeing as the game is free (unless you buy credits which like really just play some pirates) I don’t think anyone is entitled to any kind of good “customer service” from the staff. All they do is serve the community and for what? You don’t give them a dime. You aren’t entitled to anything really. If you don’t like the game or the community there’s nothing keeping you here. Also I’m writing this while my brother watches Dr. Who, and it’s a pretty dumb show so if you’re thinking about watching it don’t bother. Also also, I didn’t make an egg but if there’s a participation prize can I get one just for posting in this thread? Worth a shot lmbo. Also also also, I’m kinda salty that I didn’t solve that puzzle thing so if you could make another that would be fun. In conclusion, I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize you’re getting triggered over a few people’s opinion of a drawing of a Disney Easter Egg you made, and that’s like the pettiest thing you could get triggered about. Is it still bad to end a sentence with a preposition @airham or what?

I can see both sides here. I didnt enter this one because I didnt get the time, I had ideas though, and they werent based on the egg going into game, if i knew it was going into game I would have designed differently just so I could be proud of how the egg fitted into the game better. BUT, no one knew that the egg was going into game, so I dont think it was unfair or gives anyone an advantage over anyone else. Those people who entered with backgrounds may not have had eggs as good as the top 10 (no offence to anyone with background eggs). I mean, the moana one doesnt look like it would go into game too well because of all the extra flowers and stuff, but its being voted for anyway because its beautiful. Where as some of the other eggs could go into game well and they havent been voted for. People are going to vote for what egg they like the most, I dont think anyones really thinking of what egg is going to fit into game the best, and if you are, thats not how you should be judging. Just judge on what egg you like the most and then there are no problems here. Maybe staff should have revealed theyre becoming in game items AFTER the top 3 are picked. Then everyone would judge fairly.

Ever since we added an ingame participation prize, I can tell you that 85% of the entries are just clipart pasted to an egg or something of the sort. More and more people stop actually trying as contests go on just for that generous handout. And its really disappointing to see. You would think the surprise of peoples artwork in game would get people excited but this has just caused a mess, to say the least.
Haha well that's for sure. But fwiw I think the problem people are having is less with the "surprise" and more with how it was implemented. Like, if some of the eggs would have just suddenly popped up in the shop or as SITS prizes or whatever, I think and hope that people wouldn't have complained about that. But when the competition suddenly (at least apparently) changes such that we're voting for the best in-game item, rather than the best art, then people might get upset that they made a submission based on criteria that no longer really apply. It also logically calls the integrity of the top-ten into question, fair or not.

Obviously, that's to say nothing of the clipart entries that people throw together for the participation prize. Doing that is super lame, regardless of how the competition is being judged, and you'll have my support if you choose to not give participation prizes to people that didn't really try.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I get that y’all are butthurt cuz you didn’t win, and I agree that it seems unfair to not announce the fact that the winners would be chosen based off of which would be able to be implemented in the game. However, seeing as the game is free (unless you buy credits which like really just play some pirates) I don’t think anyone is entitled to any kind of good “customer service” from the staff. All they do is serve the community and for what? You don’t give them a dime. You aren’t entitled to anything really. If you don’t like the game or the community there’s nothing keeping you here. Also I’m writing this while my brother watches Dr. Who, and it’s a pretty dumb show so if you’re thinking about watching it don’t bother. Also also, I didn’t make an egg but if there’s a participation prize can I get one just for posting in this thread? Worth a shot lmbo. Also also also, I’m kinda salty that I didn’t solve that puzzle thing so if you could make another that would be fun. In conclusion, I think everyone needs to take a step back and realize you’re getting triggered over a few people’s opinion of a drawing of a Disney Easter Egg you made, and that’s like the pettiest thing you could get triggered about. Is it still bad to end a sentence with a preposition @airham or what?
MORE CODES, YOU SAY? :tp:

I can see both sides here. I didnt enter this one because I didnt get the time, I had ideas though, and they werent based on the egg going into game, if i knew it was going into game I would have designed differently just so I could be proud of how the egg fitted into the game better. BUT, no one knew that the egg was going into game, so I dont think it was unfair or gives anyone an advantage over anyone else. Those people who entered with backgrounds may not have had eggs as good as the top 10 (no offence to anyone with background eggs). I mean, the moana one doesnt look like it would go into game too well because of all the extra flowers and stuff, but its being voted for anyway because its beautiful. Where as some of the other eggs could go into game well and they havent been voted for. People are going to vote for what egg they like the most, I dont think anyones really thinking of what egg is going to fit into game the best, and if you are, thats not how you should be judging. Just judge on what egg you like the most and then there are no problems here. Maybe staff should have revealed theyre becoming in game items AFTER the top 3 are picked. Then everyone would judge fairly.
Went to change my vote because of this. I will admit I did not read "going into game" at first, and I only chose the most BEAUTIFUL eggs (aka obvi moana and my second choice). I don't doubt the GA's work, I know they can make really nice things, however, I feel the moana egg wouldn't look good in game.. it's super detailed and going off the egg. Yes there has been some eggs that are 3D but it worked well, the moana one im not too sure.
I now changed my votes to something more basic and "flat", that falls into the "myvmk art", but still looks good. Moana may look so good, and I wish I can keep my vote for that but I want something in-game fitting.

Went to change my vote because of this. I will admit I did not read "going into game" at first, and I only chose the most BEAUTIFUL eggs (aka obvi moana and my second choice). I don't doubt the GA's work, I know they can make really nice things, however, I feel the moana egg wouldn't look good in game.. it's super detailed and going off the egg. Yes there has been some eggs that are 3D but it worked well, the moana one im not too sure.
I now changed my votes to something more basic and "flat", that falls into the "myvmk art", but still looks good. Moana may look so good, and I wish I can keep my vote for that but I want something in-game fitting.
I implore other people to not change their vote. Amy has said that the GA's can make an in-game item out of anything, and the person that made Entry C very clearly deserves to win the contest. Don't cheat them out of that just because the rules changed.

Ah >.< my post was trying to suggest people dont vote for what is going to look best in game. And vote purely for which egg is their favourite as shown to us. Pretend we dont even know the eggs will go into game. And that will produce the fairest vote. @Rosey @airham

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
Trust your ga's you guys. And trust the staff that voted up the top 10. I think they're all really cute eggs. I 100% trust that whoever voted up the top 10 picked the eggs that were their favorite. Was mine picked? No, and that's their opinion, and that's totally cool! I bet they wish everyone could win. (hey...with the participation prize we all kinda do) Would I have made a different egg if it was an in game item? Possibly. Who's to say? But my talent level remains the same no matter what I'm striving for. I made mine as a joke egg; it's literally just a cute pun. I mean Easter eggs IN an Easter egg cmon that's hilarious. Anyway, I'm really proud of my egg and I think you all should be too. Top 10 or not. I guess it's just a lesson learned for everyone to always put what they believe is their best foot forward, and we can all walk on from there. The staff were just thinking of us with their best intentions forward, and I think it's very sweet. I'm not trying to be some kiss pirate-booty to earn brownie points or whatever, but they all truly didn't mean to cause any upset, and they don't deserve to be treated as such. Cmon y'all, the world is a harsh place. No one deserves hostility for being generous.

Tl;DR Everyone did so well and should be proud of the work they produce. 85% clip art or not. Trust your staff and be good people. Please.

Bill_Murray

Yeah, I mean you can do whatever you want. The only problem is that if too many other people made the same decision, then the results of the vote would be bad. :P
Well the whole point of a vote is to determine the popular opinion. I’m not quite sure how a popular opinion could be considered “bad.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.