2018 Design an Egg Contest - Voting!

Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
Everyone trusts the GA's, idk why people keep assuming some don't..
What I mean by saying it is that there are a few people who are saying the eggs they chose for top 10 were only chosen by whether or not the eggs could be integrated into the game, when in all actuality, the ga's are really talented and could very very likely work with literally any egg, no matter how it looks when submitted. Take airhams egg for example, I could totally see them recreating the egg concept, but maybe with their own touch (certain highlights/contours throughouht the picture) and it would still be the same basic idea! <3

What I mean by saying it is that there are a few people who are saying the eggs they chose for top 10 were only chosen by whether or not the eggs could be integrated into the game, when in all actuality, the ga's are really talented and could very very likely work with literally any egg, no matter how it looks when submitted. Take airhams egg for example, I could totally see them recreating the egg concept, but maybe with their own touch (certain highlights/contours throughouht the picture) and it would still be the same basic idea! <3
but that's what I mean, everyone knows theyre super talented and can design any egg(or any item), but with the way people say that "trust our ga, trust our ga", it just seems like they don't think the community trusts the ga's

it's totally fine to redesign the egg to fit into the game,and we know they can do it and with something i wanted to say earlier, it's a bit of internal conflict. the eggs look nice but are we picking what we personally like or are we just picking something for the game? for me it's 2 very different vote options, but personally i am going based off of "picking something for in-game"

Lel tbh it would be cool to have Perry peeking out of an egg in-game. Especially because platypi are famous for being mammals. It'd be a good meme.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
but that's what I mean, everyone knows theyre super talented and can design any egg(or any item), but with the way people say that "trust our ga, trust our ga", it just seems like they don't think the community trusts the ga's

it's totally fine to redesign the egg to fit into the game,and we know they can do it and with something i wanted to say earlier, it's a bit of internal conflict. the eggs look nice but are we picking what we personally like or are we just picking something for the game? for me it's 2 very different vote options, but personally i am going based off of "picking something for in-game"
I truly apologize if it came off as me thinking the community as a whole didn't trust them, that wasn't my intent. Just speaking to certain individuals that seemed a bit unsure is all! // The voting is subjective, I guess! I voted for personal favorite <3

Lel tbh it would be cool to have Perry peeking out of an egg in-game. Especially because platypi are famous for being mammals. It'd be a good meme.
Tbh I love your egg lol it's v cute and nicely done

Last edited:

McQuack

I think the main issue with this process is I have no idea if I should be voting for the egg design that's my favorite or the egg design that I want to see turned into an item. For example I would love to see the Totoro egg in-game but is it the best designed egg out of the bunch? It feels weird voting for winners because none of the artists knew what they were going for. It's kinda unfair to place restrictions on these entries when the restriction was never stated to begin with. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure there's already a Roger Rabbit egg in-game (and a Marie one I think? I know there's already a few Marie items) so it seems like those 2 entries are out of the running automatically for having similarly existing items already. I don't think many people are going to vote for items that already somewhat exist, so those artists kinda got the short end of the stick here.

I don't think there was any bad intentions though, just a really weird way of doing it. Rules should be as clear as possible right from the start so people know what they're working with.

I feel like this is all one and the same. I dont believe that it was ever the intention to trick people into something. It is a contest after all, and they can add to the contest as they see fit. I was wondering why nothing was announced about in game egg comps, as that was something we had done in the past. The fact of the matter, for me atleast, is that I go about designing eggs (or anything, really) the same way no matter what I am dealing with. Mainly because,
1. I cant draw to save my life
and
2. I enjoy working in photoshop more than anything else.
That said, did I take a long time working on my submission? No. I didnt. I actually hadn't intended to submit anything, because I just hadnt had the time and I try to make something with atleast a little effort. However, I remembered I was working on some space ship earth designs, and I figured I could reuse them for this. I added a little background and tried to go for a crayon-esque color. Did I like it, sure. Was it by all means my best work? Absolutely not.
Egg2018.jpg
I honestly made this for fun, and did have some fun making it. Would this have worked in game? Maybe, im sure the GA's would have been able to adapt this in some way, and it would have came out looking great. The contest was never Design an Egg for the game. it was simply design an egg, the in game portion is an added bonus. Thus, of all the top 10, my favorites are also the ones I want to see in game! I dont think those two things are mutually exclusive, no matter how the original egg was designed. The GA, as is their job, will be the one to take it, and while maintaining the work of the original artist, adapt it for the game. I don't really think that is the issue here. All of the contests have had top 10's chosen by staff and then have had the community vote on the top three. Thats how this has always worked. Nothing has changed. No one was trying to blind side anyone with this addition. They simply wanted to add to the game. As Nala pointed out, they did the same thing with the create a cousin and no one had any issues. You either took your time and tried your hardest, or you made an egg like mine. There is a ton of great talent in the game, and I would never criticize those who took the time and made these amazing eggs by saying mine would have been better had I applied myself. The fact of the matter is, I didn't. Ive made Top 10's before, and they were with work I put time and effort into, and that is what shows. Do I want the in game prize? Absolutely. Would I have loved my egg in game. Definitely. But I am not going to complain and berate staff due to my own shortcomings. I made a choice designing my egg, and that is why it isnt feature. Its no one's fault but mine.

I think the main issue with this process is I have no idea if I should be voting for the egg design that's my favorite or the egg design that I want to see turned into an item. For example I would love to see the Totoro egg in-game but is it the best designed egg out of the bunch? It feels weird voting for winners because none of the artists knew what they were going for. It's kinda unfair to place restrictions on these entries when the restriction was never stated to begin with. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure there's already a Roger Rabbit egg in-game (and a Marie one I think? I know there's already a few Marie items) so it seems like those 2 entries are out of the running automatically for having similarly existing items already. I don't think many people are going to vote for items that already somewhat exist, so those artists kinda got the short end of the stick here.

I don't think there was any bad intentions though, just a really weird way of doing it. Rules should be as clear as possible right from the start so people know what they're working with.
Vote for the egg you like the most, just like you would have if they werent going to become in game items.

Ever since we added an ingame participation prize, I can tell you that 85% of the entries are just clipart pasted to an egg or something of the sort. More and more people stop actually trying as contests go on just for that generous handout. And its really disappointing to see. You would think the surprise of peoples artwork in game would get people excited but this has just caused a mess, to say the least.
I know what you are saying, HOST_Nala, but some of us are extremely challenged in all areas of art and/or computer generated artwork. I know that EVERY SINGLE TIME I enter, my contest submission is going to be laughed at. Maybe I shouldn't enter because I am only in it for the participation prize?? Not sure what to do going forward.......:OhTheShame:

ChairmanMeow

I get the whole thing that you guys would have done it differently if you knew it was going in game and I'm sure the staff does too but it seems like they were willing to make anyone's, background or not, part of the game. They weren't changing their judgment based on this. If they were saying "Oh hey your egg wouldn't work in the game so it didn't make top 10, " I 'd get the point but they're chill with making anything work so don't worry peeps.

I'm in love with the Moana egg it's so good can I have your talent?

I know what you are saying, HOST_Nala, but some of us are extremely challenged in all areas of art and/or computer generated artwork. I know that EVERY SINGLE TIME I enter, my contest submission is going to be laughed at. Maybe I shouldn't enter because I am only in it for the participation prize?? Not sure what to do going forward.......:OhTheShame:
wOW this made me super sad to read. Please don't feel that way ):

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
As long as you try, that's all we ask for! Im talking about people that just draw a triangle or something of no effort, who are clearly only in it for the participation prize!

I love these forums competitions. I really look forward to them. Even though I cannot draw physically or digitally (like at all) I have a lot of fun making my entries even though I know they won't make it.

It is really cool to see what everyone comes up with, top ten or not. I am glad people share their entries in the comments (@airham yours are always fun to see, you do a great job). This top ten looks awesome as always and I wish I could vote for all ten so congrats to everyone that made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.