Design Feedback

Thorn

Make it Green
Question for all the current GA’s... what program are you using to design. Id assume Photoshop, but I thought id ask!
Hiya!
I use Photoshop CS6! I personally am big into animation, because I pretty much make only furniture or maybe hats every now and then, so the option to create frames, paste and reverse frames, all really help me make my items.
In fact, animation frames for the Enchanted Flurry magic came in SO handy, as I could easily tweak how closely together snowflakes fell/swirled around the player, without having to actually re-do any of the drawing.

I use a trackpad which is.... not great BUT MYVMK has so few pixels to mess with, I’m usually zoomed in at 500% and work on the little areas with small trackpad strokes.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
Pixar Take 2! Are you excited?

This the bear pet base available for 50000 credits in the shop!

And a little bonus: my walk sketch!
This is the first pet I've made and I'm very excited about it! :whee:
It's literally so cute I'm gonna explode. Especially when it faces the screen. Nooooo<3 I love it it's so great

This is partially feedback, partially something I am desperate for....

I would love to see a road carpet designed for the game... Just a simple road. I constantly struggle with making roads for rooms, because I feel that they never look quite right... So I would love to see one added to the shop as another option for building!

HOST_Pegasus

I couldn't agree more, @GA_Sonny is definitely the bees knees! She is quite the talented designer and our community is lucky to have her! (along with the rest of the amazing designers!!)

@OswaldtheRabbit and @GuardGirl
Thank you so much for the love on the cherry blossom trees! I agree that they are absolutely one of my better designs, I am just glad that you think so too!! (:

Pegasus, I love the cherry blossom trees! Nicely done!

I have some mixed feelings about the Stained Glass Window pins. They are rather nice, but I think that there's... too much(?) going on in them. I don't really know what the focus of the pin(s) is supposed to be - the princess or the window? I believe that the side-profiles and the circular-window part would look better if they were separated - meaning they would be two separate pins. Plus, when the pin is on the lanyard, you can't really see the details, which is a bummer. If the profiles and window were separated into two different pins, they could be made a bit bigger for the lanyard, thus making them stand out and really be seen. This isn't to say that the GA responsible didn't do a nice job on them. The pins are very nice! This is just an idea and suggestion for future endeavors. :)

GA_Copper

❤️i'm a hound dog❤️
Pegasus, I love the cherry blossom trees! Nicely done!

I have some mixed feelings about the Stained Glass Window pins. They are rather nice, but I think that there's... too much(?) going on in them. I don't really know what the focus of the pin(s) is supposed to be - the princess or the window? I believe that the side-profiles and the circular-window part would look better if they were separated - meaning they would be two separate pins. Plus, when the pin is on the lanyard, you can't really see the details, which is a bummer. If the profiles and window were separated into two different pins, they could be made a bit bigger for the lanyard, thus making them stand out and really be seen. This isn't to say that the GA responsible didn't do a nice job on them. The pins are very nice! This is just an idea and suggestion for future endeavors. :)
thank you for the feedback on the pins! ga_blu actually made those and unfortunately this happens a lot with pins when adding any kind of detail to them. its hard for us to know this sometimes once they're resized and then resized again for the lanyard. i know i've been disappointed in the past with pins i've made once i've seen them on the lanyard too as all my hard work and detail would get lost so it can be a lot of trial and error. i will pass over your feedback and will definitely try to take it on board

@HOST_Pegasus i just want to say that I 100% am in LOOOOVVVEEEEEEE with the cherry blossom trees. I honestly screamed when I saw they were added to the game because they are my absolute favorite tree. I ended up buying 70 of them (i have 0 regrets). I just love how big and beautiful they are. I just wish I could put more of them in a room without them completely taking over XD (you should see all 70 of them in a room together omg)

GA_Sonny

Graphic Artist
I couldn't agree more, @GA_Sonny is definitely the bees knees! She is quite the talented designer and our community is lucky to have her! (along with the rest of the amazing designers!!)

@OswaldtheRabbit and @GuardGirl
Thank you so much for the love on the cherry blossom trees! I agree that they are absolutely one of my better designs, I am just glad that you think so too!! (:
OH, SHUCKS. YOU'RE TOO MUCH. Thank you for all the lovely feedback! :aww:

[DOUBLEPOST=1522889297,1522888987][/DOUBLEPOST]
the thumper and miss bunny ears for anyone who hasn't seen them yet

❤️
I want to be Copper when I grow up.. LOOK AT HOW BEAUTIFUL THESE ARE. :faint:

Personally I feel like these hoodies are shaded all wrong for the game. They are shaded beautifully, don't get me wrong, but VMK's style is different. The shadows and highlights are too far apart for the vmk style. Using less colors or colors that weren't quite so far apart would have helped made these blend better with the game. Just my bit of feedback.

GA_Copper

❤️i'm a hound dog❤️

Personally I feel like these hoodies are shaded all wrong for the game. They are shaded beautifully, don't get me wrong, but VMK's style is different. The shadows and highlights are too far apart for the vmk style. Using less colors or colors that weren't quite so far apart would have helped made these blend better with the game. Just my bit of feedback.
this was definitely pretty disappointing for me to read but i also encourage the feedback on my items. ive practiced a lot and im trying to get better with each design as i go. i have also been very proud of these hoodies as i've actually gotten a lot of positive feedback about them however i am still learning and i appreciate your feedback none the less. i'll try to take it on board for designs in the future