Not open for further replies.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Hi everyone!

It brings me great pleasure to share these wonderful changes with you all. It's been a long time coming and many adjustments will be made.
In the following weeks (once we return), we expect to see a large increase in our player population.
How? We plan on sending out emails to anyone who's ever tried accessing the game.
Yes, I say tried because many moons ago, over 60,000 people signed up and never made it into the game.
Whether that be because of shockwave not being compatible, mac issues, or what have you..
So with the new client out, they can finally join us! But that 60,000 is only a portion of people we hope to reach.
All we ask of you is to welcome our growing community with open arms!

With that being said, Amy will be hard at work fixing any major bugs so we can finally have things up to speed.

To prepare ourselves for the future, you'll see we have a new website! We also have an updated set of rules. Please take your time to read up on them!
I'd like to quickly go over one of the most drastic changes in the rules: Clones.
We will no longer be tolerating any clone usage for the sake of gaining an advantage.
In black and white, here's what you can and cannot do with an alternative account:

You can:
- Use a clone for storage
- Use a clone for talking to people, whilst doing something else (e.g. have one account earning credits or riding rides, with another account talking to friends in a room)
- Use a clone for anything that does not create extra items (e.g. a character implimented in your guest room to enhance the experience)

You can't:
- Use a clone to concurrently make a profit. This means you can't ride rides on two accounts at the same time. (e.g. ride rides on one and play pirates on another.)
- Attend HOST events on more than one account (limit is ONE account per person, per event)
- Use clones to evade bans, or otherwise bend or break the rules.

All of these rules and guidelines will take effect starting May 4th upon our reopening. In this time, please familiarize yourself with them, and settle in!

We have a lot of big plans coming and we'd love your help! On the new website, you'll see a "Join The Team!" button at the top right.
Feel free to fill out an application! (If you've previously filled out an application here on the forums, please fill this one out again as some things have changed!)

Thanks for sticking with us! :halcyon:

brownie

i'm half asleep but am i understanding that u are saying that all previously banned players will now be able to return to the game?

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
i'm half asleep but am i understanding that u are saying that all previously banned players will now be able to return to the game?
Nope, if someone is banned they remain banned. People who couldnt enter the game due to computer issues, will be able to return thanks to the new client!

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I Lost my clone "cicada" due to trying to fill a battle spot in pirates. Battles in late night are hard to fill due to friendly games. Can you guys change the coding to allow one v one on potc?
This might be possible soon enough! Along with a whole wager section as talked about by Amy. ♥

shel050

If we are no longer allowed to use clones on SITs rides, will we be getting the SITs pins more often (say every 2 rides) and/or actually pulling the monthly pins more often? The drop rate is quite ridiculous, and I'd for one be very frustrated if this wasn't changed as well.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
If we are no longer allowed to use clones on SITs rides, will we be getting the SITs pins more often (say every 2 rides) and/or actually pulling the monthly pins more often? The drop rate is quite ridiculous, and I'd for one be very frustrated if this wasn't changed as well.
We will be monitering the drop rate once the changes take effect to find a fair middle ground!

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Thank you for the information staff. To be honest I am kinda excited and also really curious to see how these new changes will turn out. I am looking forward to possibly having more players once again. The new website looks awesome too! Thx again staff! -hugs hugs-

I really appreciate all the feedback. Sometimes it is hard to address stuff like losing staff, new rules and unwanted rules. Thanks for the transparency and letting us know what is going on! I am gonna die this week but it will be great when we get back, and awesome new website! Reminds me of the original nostalgia. Also guys, try and tell your friends that don't have forums what is going on so they aren't confused next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.