New Hairstyle Ideas

Feel free to respond to this post with hairstyle suggestions of your own! :twist:

My suggestion: Afro-Puffs! I think Afro-puffs to replace my character's pigtails would be the most perfect thing ever and a throwback to my childhood! Here are some examples of afro-puffs on Disney characters:
1. Trixie Carter from American Dragon, 2. Holly from Phineas and Ferb 3. Suga Mama from The Proud Family, 4. Lunella Lafayette from Mood Girl (Marvel)

ty :hat:

Last edited:

GA_Boo

Mike Wazowski!
Hello! I am the one who is currently working on the new hair for the game. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE SUGGESTIONS!!!

i have been looking for more diverse and coarser hairstyles, and this helps me SO MUCH! I will definitely be putting these in my references for the myvmk hairstyles. If you have anymore diverse hair, please let me know ;)

Crystal

THE PUFFS IDEA IS SO CUUUTEEE.
May I also suggest dreads?

If it needs to be Disney inspired characters who have dreads are:
  • Tia Dalma & Captain Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Carribean
  • Some of the Avatar characters
  • & of course Zendaya Coleman was a Disney Channel queeeeeen.

Last edited:

GA_Boo

Mike Wazowski!
THE PUFFS IDEA IS SO CUUUTEEE.
May I also suggest dreads?

If it needs to be "Disney inspired" characters who have dreads are:
  • Naomi Harris & Captain Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Carribean
  • Some of the Avatar characters had them as well
  • & of course Zendaya Coleman was a Disney Channel queeeeeen.
I like this a lot!! I think dreads would also be a perfect addition~

@GA_Boo @HOST_Nala Thank you for considering my suggestion!! :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1531539461][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are some more Disney references for locks on Disney characters to go along with @Crystal's suggestion! @GA_Boo :hearts:

1. Haruna Kitumba from Miles from Tomorrowland, 2. Wasabi from Big Hero 6, 3. Dr Carver from The Proud Family Movie, 4. Nia Moseby from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, 5. Tia Dalma from POTC, 6. Ruby Hanshaw from Sofia the First, 7. Nona from The Weekenders, 8. Roxy Rocker from Hannah Montana

[DOUBLEPOST=1531542564][/DOUBLEPOST]Braids/Cornrows:
I don't think Disney has represented the vast diversity and beauty of braided/cornrowed hair (other than the few lines going backwards) so I cant really think of many Disney examples other than Shuri (which i believe we already have in-game:halcyon:) and Uma from the Descendants and Iridessa from Fairies. - I'm not sure how difficult braid styles are to draw as I can't even draw stick-men well, but I could give randomo human examples from google that may translate well into animation, if the references don't have to be Disney related?
1. Uma from the Descendants, 2. Iridessa from Fairies.

Free-Flowing Afro hair:
Afro/Kinky/Coily
Again I can't think of many representations of free flowing afro hair on Disney but here is what I was able to dig from my brain. And again, if randomo examples are useful, I could add more! :]

1. Ashley Boulet from Recess, 2. Bebe Jackson from The Proud Family, 3. Dr. Myiesha McStuffins (mom) from Doc McStuffins, 4. Zuri Ross from Jessie

Last edited:

Europhyra

I love this idea of courser hairstyles! I would definitely put to use the buns (-; Running with the course hair idea, please bring high flat tops!! Men need hair love too!

As an Asian, may I suggest more long straight hairstyles? there's less than a handful of straight styles but a bumload of wavy hair, which are very pretty! However unalike my hair in every way because my hair just doesn't curl lol

Edit because I thought of more ideas: Betty bangs would be a great idea, or even V-cut betty bangs for halloween. I know straight hair doesn't have very many variations, but here are some examples!

Last edited: