What do YOU want to happen with the game?

MyVMK has been running for almost three years now, and in that time there have been a lot of problems. A lot of the players seem to want some kind of big change, feel like something is missing from the game, so I'm here to ask, what do YOU personally want? What are your problems with the game and how do you think they can be fixed? Be completely honest, just don't attack anyone because that's not necessary..

Note to mods: please check with me before moderating this post, thank you.

EDIT: If you don't want to post publicly, send me a PM on the forums.

Hello!
I had an idea about something to add to the game-
A quest room where the room owner creates a room from a created template and selects from possibly pre-loaded or own inventory items.
(or even loaded with only in-room quest specials *significant to the room type?)

And other VMK players can come and go and play something different all the time by visiting different rooms! :) I loved finding atoms and seashells and all of that in VMK quests- but imagine what would be created with everyone's imagination!

Thanks for listening ! :D

MyVMK has been running for almost three years now, and in that time there have been a lot of problems. A lot of the players seem to want some kind of big change, feel like something is missing from the game, so I'm here to ask, what do YOU personally want? What are your problems with the game and how do you think they can be fixed? Be completely honest, just don't attack anyone because that's not necessary..

Note to mods: please check with me before moderating this post, thank you.

EDIT: If you don't want to post publicly, send me a PM on the forums.
More games and quests would be great.

HavenMae

Okay! So I'm still new to the forums, so I'm sorry if I mention something that has already been mentioned. BUT I do have a few ideas - some simple and obviously possible, and others maybe a little more difficult. Here we gooo.

Quests
So I'm fairly certain that this has been mentioned already, but I would love to see more quests in the game. Even if it's just basic ones... Like having the car and space quests being a regular thing, different magic, scavenger hunt type ones, etc. But I was also thinking something a little different. I remember way back one on the original VMK, that if you visited the Theme Parks, you would be able to do in-park quests. I was thinking there had to be a way to re-create this. Out of the many myVMK users and staff and such, I'm sure there has to be at least one person that has regular or even occasional access to the parks. SO what if said person would go to the park, and come up with different quest questions like how the old ones were set up. Like ride this ride and look for this, or ask a cast member this question and report the answer, etc. etc. This could be done for all the parks in Orlando, or just MK, and the parks in California. You could make a PDF file that we could bring to the parks, either on our phones or on paper, and fill out, and then send in, and get special codes or something that we can redeem in game for prizes.

Re-Releases
Again, I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but it would be an amazing idea if there were some sort of special sales with rarer items that are re-released in stores. Like Halloween costumes, dream items, outfits, etc. It could be like on the myVMK anniversary, original VMK anniversary, Christmas in July, etc. This would be an awesome way to help out newer users start off, or those who missed certain events. I don't think anyone would expect super rare items during this, but just like certain costumes and such.

Different "Realms"
So this would be one of those things I'm not sure would be super possible, but definitely an idea to think of. I know the game is based solely off the original VMK in most cases, and this breaks away from that a little bit. What if there was a way to add different worlds. Kind of how VFK had different sections (colonial, retro, etc.), there could be different sections like Neverland, Hundred Acre Woods, Nightmare Before Christmas, Star Wars, etc. I know it would take a lot of graphic work, but it would give myVMK something new and original, and a little more for people to do - more mini games, quests, store-specific items, etc. Or, on a simpler factor, it would be Disneyland California, and Disney World FL - keeping the original layout based off DL, and then adding a Disney World area - with Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM/Hollywood Studios, and MK.

Room Trading
So I know there's a way to trade rooms as pins that haven't yet been used. But I noticed that there isn't, unless I haven't seen how, a way to extract a room you've already used back into pin form, or simply just a way to trade it. This would be a great idea for people to use rooms as they please, and then trade them off when they're tired of them.

riddleguy

With the staff taking the week to restructure things i feel now is a good time for players to use this thread and share what they want to see from the game going forward!

Heres what i want to see as a VMK player...
  • Jungle Cruise and Quest Kiosks working again ASAP. I feel these are the 2 most important things that should be gotten up and going again since jungle cruise was working the old client and Quest Kiosks were working at somepoint before i joined over a year ago plus Quest Kiosks are a nice way to generate user content. I would still like to see checkers and the gator waiter going again but i can live without.
  • Better Communication. I feel like forum communication could be better. While i cant think of any examples at the top of my head,there have been time where i saw things announced on the twitter that should be announced on the forums too. However,I think announcements of event delays should still be twitter only.
  • Disney Vault Approach to items- Excluding pins(with reasonable exceptions) and the items that can't be re-released do the request of the person that made them. I feel all items should be re-released every now and then somehow whether it be as part of a drop from a collection event,a contest/quest prize,releasign in the shop for a limited time or something else!.
  • Pin Trading With Staff For Older Pins-In the parks, select cast members have pins to trade with kids. In myvmk, i would like see staff wander around the public rooms with a random assortment of pins that players can trade for. However, in addition to the exclusions for regular pin trades. All pins released in the current month and pins buyable from the shop should be excluded.
  • More New Games! Im happy that you guys released star commander and would love to see more...i have been wanting to see new games since i joined. However, i dont want to see the existing games forgotten. I still want to see solo player options for pirates and haunted mission.
  • More game tie-ins to disney releases!- I want to see stuff to celebrate disney releases of new shows,new movies,new theme park expansion and the like. Whether it be simply releasing a pin or re-releasing some stuff for a limited time. It can also be a entire theme month like you did for the live action beauty and the beast or new items like you did for pandora.
  • More in-game representation of disney properties and disney shows/DCOMS!- I dont feel like you guys don't draw enough from the disney shows and disney properties that werent originally disney. We could seriously use more marvel and muppet items as well as stuff for descendants!
A few items i would like to personally see from disney shows...
  • Mateo Outfit from elena of avalor
  • Soo's Shirt and Dipper Outfit for gravity falls!
  • Perry the playtpus pet!
  • Cedric outfit from sofia the first

Gianorail

Disney Enthusiast
I know it's not fair to demand a lot from the staff considering this whole game is what it is because you guys devote your own free time to bringing back VMK. However, I just feel like the game has become a hodgepodge of people sitting in auction rooms or hanging out in the fantasyland courtyard trying to get SITS. I mean, this game has it's own economy now complete with virtual social classes and it just makes me wonder, why even bother having the rest of the game? Recently I've taken to sitting in the esplanade and walking around the barren kingdom greeting new players, with 9/10 of them always asking me "Where is everyone?" I came back to this game to relive fond memories of the past and so have so many other people but it's as if the public rooms have been completely tossed to the side in favor of rare items and cute or boot. The monorail is broken, the gator waiter is missing, the spell room is useless and minigames are practically empty unless you're in POTC lobby where people basically sit around and take turns winning with their friends. Despite all of this, no, I am not blaming the staff because you guys have done everything you can to get people involved (and not to mention the troubles of switching over to a new client) but rather I blame the community. I just wish there was a way to get people into the ACTUAL "Virtual Magic Kingdom" and I feel like there is still ways to do this- it starts with the little things. Again, I'm aware that it takes a lot of work from the team but I along with many of my friends in the game would be satisfied even if we started to just see a gradual shift in certain areas of the kingdom. Maybe bringing to light the Tomorrowland Quests (which were a huge deal when they were first added to the game! But now people dont even have to get inner-space magic anymore because a teleporter was added to the space mountain quest deck that brings any player to inner-space so why even bother doing the quest?), Fixing the monorail (it was always such a cool feature to actually ride the monorail around the kingdom but now the whole room is practically glitched out although this is more than likely to be an issue with the new client), bringing back the Gator Waiter and the Haunted Mansion NPC's among other things. New features could be added to the game that would simply get people more involved in the public rooms such as adding on to what's already there and this doesn't necessarily have to be an overly complicated task. For example, new rideable attractions would be awesome! (I'm looking at you Splash Mountain) just create a few new furniture items, place them in the dark ride room along with ride pieces that already exist and boom- new ride. Although it's a bit of work, maybe even a new minigame wouldn't hurt similarly to how Star Commander was added to Tomorrowland. One idea could be taking the boarded up Shooting Gallery in the Frontierland Hub and turning it into a simple point and click target minigame. All in all, this game has come so far and to see certain areas of the Virtual Magic Kingdom itself become neglected is just heartbreaking and i really wish people would show it a little more love, staff and players alike.

Finch

I know it's not fair to demand a lot from the staff considering this whole game is what it is because you guys devote your own free time to bringing back VMK. However, I just feel like the game has become a hodgepodge of people sitting in auction rooms or hanging out in the fantasyland courtyard trying to get SITS. I mean, this game has it's own economy now complete with virtual social classes and it just makes me wonder, why even bother having the rest of the game? Recently I've taken to sitting in the esplanade and walking around the barren kingdom greeting new players, with 9/10 of them always asking me "Where is everyone?" I came back to this game to relive fond memories of the past and so have so many other people but it's as if the public rooms have been completely tossed to the side in favor of rare items and cute or boot. The monorail is broken, the gator waiter is missing, the spell room is useless and minigames are practically empty unless you're in POTC lobby where people basically sit around and take turns winning with their friends. Despite all of this, no, I am not blaming the staff because you guys have done everything you can to get people involved (and not to mention the troubles of switching over to a new client) but rather I blame the community. I just wish there was a way to get people into the ACTUAL "Virtual Magic Kingdom" and I feel like there is still ways to do this- it starts with the little things. Again, I'm aware that it takes a lot of work from the team but I along with many of my friends in the game would be satisfied even if we started to just see a gradual shift in certain areas of the kingdom. Maybe bringing to light the Tomorrowland Quests (which were a huge deal when they were first added to the game! But now people dont even have to get inner-space magic anymore because a teleporter was added to the space mountain quest deck that brings any player to inner-space so why even bother doing the quest?), Fixing the monorail (it was always such a cool feature to actually ride the monorail around the kingdom but now the whole room is practically glitched out although this is more than likely to be an issue with the new client), bringing back the Gator Waiter and the Haunted Mansion NPC's among other things. New features could be added to the game that would simply get people more involved in the public rooms such as adding on to what's already there and this doesn't necessarily have to be an overly complicated task. For example, new rideable attractions would be awesome! (I'm looking at you Splash Mountain) just create a few new furniture items, place them in the dark ride room along with ride pieces that already exist and boom- new ride. Although it's a bit of work, maybe even a new minigame wouldn't hurt similarly to how Star Commander was added to Tomorrowland. One idea could be taking the boarded up Shooting Gallery in the Frontierland Hub and turning it into a simple point and click target minigame. All in all, this game has come so far and to see certain areas of the Virtual Magic Kingdom itself become neglected is just heartbreaking and i really wish people would show it a little more love, staff and players alike.
Wow. Completely agree with all of this. I don't so much have an issue with guest rooms when they are about playing games like Cute or Boot or DHTF. Those games bring back a lot of memories from the original VMK for me so I'm glad to see that they still exist in the community. HOWEVER, I do completely agree with you in terms of the game being all about getting rare items and being "wealthy". That's not what this game started as. And it's surprising to me that it's the main focus now. I started playing MyVMK in 2014 and I actually left pretty much as soon as the rides opened. I went from enjoying the social community aspect of the game to only riding the rides for SITS. Nonstop. All day. And that's honestly what everyone else was doing too because the rides were so new that it was all that people cared about. And so then I realized that the game I loved had kind of stopped being what it was before, so I left. Recently I got back on the game because I met a friend in real life who told me she played and it sparked some old memories. Clearly it wasn't hard to get addicted to the game again, haha. To my happy surprise, there is actually more of a social community than when I left right after the rides had opened. BUT what is new to me are the auctions, and even the ability to trade credits. That wasn't a thing when I left...When I left, I think gift cards had just been released or something, but that was it...anyway, this whole credits thing is new to me. Not that I don't like it. It's actually very useful and makes a lot of sense. BUT you're right in that this has become the majority of the game now...trading things for credits, and being "rich". And it's a bummer. It honestly has given me anxiety even. And even the host events aren't fun to me because there's such a demand for the prizes that it just stresses me out and takes away the fun from the game. Maybe that's just me, haha. ANYWAY I didn't mean to ramble. I just thought your comment was so interesting because I feel like I've had a pretty unique perspective having left the game for so long and returning to see it in such a new state...and it's nice to know I'm not alone. And this isn't a complaint against the staff. Their commitment and talent is honestly amazing and I am truly thankful that they've brought this game back to reunite us with the memories. But ultimately, I'm with you. I wish the community was a little more interested in the game and social aspect, rather than just the economy...Thanks for sharing your thoughts Gian. I appreciated reading them.

Gianorail

Disney Enthusiast
Wow. Completely agree with all of this. I don't so much have an issue with guest rooms when they are about playing games like Cute or Boot or DHTF. Those games bring back a lot of memories from the original VMK for me so I'm glad to see that they still exist in the community. HOWEVER, I do completely agree with you in terms of the game being all about getting rare items and being "wealthy". That's not what this game started as. And it's surprising to me that it's the main focus now. I started playing MyVMK in 2014 and I actually left pretty much as soon as the rides opened. I went from enjoying the social community aspect of the game to only riding the rides for SITS. Nonstop. All day. And that's honestly what everyone else was doing too because the rides were so new that it was all that people cared about. And so then I realized that the game I loved had kind of stopped being what it was before, so I left. Recently I got back on the game because I met a friend in real life who told me she played and it sparked some old memories. Clearly it wasn't hard to get addicted to the game again, haha. To my happy surprise, there is actually more of a social community than when I left right after the rides had opened. BUT what is new to me are the auctions, and even the ability to trade credits. That wasn't a thing when I left...When I left, I think gift cards had just been released or something, but that was it...anyway, this whole credits thing is new to me. Not that I don't like it. It's actually very useful and makes a lot of sense. BUT you're right in that this has become the majority of the game now...trading things for credits, and being "rich". And it's a bummer. It honestly has given me anxiety even. And even the host events aren't fun to me because there's such a demand for the prizes that it just stresses me out and takes away the fun from the game. Maybe that's just me, haha. ANYWAY I didn't mean to ramble. I just thought your comment was so interesting because I feel like I've had a pretty unique perspective having left the game for so long and returning to see it in such a new state...and it's nice to know I'm not alone. And this isn't a complaint against the staff. Their commitment and talent is honestly amazing and I am truly thankful that they've brought this game back to reunite us with the memories. But ultimately, I'm with you. I wish the community was a little more interested in the game and social aspect, rather than just the economy...Thanks for sharing your thoughts Gian. I appreciated reading them.
Well thank you for agreeing! That's what happens when my mind starts to wander at 2 AM haha. But seriously, I did the same thing. I love this game but ive taken a few breaks myself not because something drastic happened but quite simply because I lost interest at times. I recently returned this month and now I have a much stronger friend group than i ever have had before in the game and I guess that's what made me realize what really needs to change.

LavenderGirl

I completely agree with both of you. I joined MyVMK as a day one player on my old account. When I was on in 2013-2014, it was all about having fun with your friends. There was no rides that I remember. The only minigame was fireworks. We hung out on Main Street, sometimes in friend's rooms. We played games and had fun exploring the kingdom. When I rejoined last month, I was honestly really surprised. There are some very distinct social classes that I wasn't used to. In my opinion, MyVMK doesn't embody what it was created for anymore. Yes, you can still make friends. Yes, you can still have fun exploring. But does anybody do that? Not really. I applaud the staff for everything they have done to make this game great. I think the biggest issue is the players. Even I fall prey to this, though. I love getting new items and I play friendly POTC on the weekend to get my credits. But I also try to include everybody when events are happening and aid new players. The sense of family has been lost in this game.

Finch

I completely agree with both of you. I joined MyVMK as a day one player on my old account. When I was on in 2013-2014, it was all about having fun with your friends. There was no rides that I remember. The only minigame was fireworks. We hung out on Main Street, sometimes in friend's rooms. We played games and had fun exploring the kingdom. When I rejoined last month, I was honestly really surprised. There are some very distinct social classes that I wasn't used to. In my opinion, MyVMK doesn't embody what it was created for anymore. Yes, you can still make friends. Yes, you can still have fun exploring. But does anybody do that? Not really. I applaud the staff for everything they have done to make this game great. I think the biggest issue is the players. Even I fall prey to this, though. I love getting new items and I play friendly POTC on the weekend to get my credits. But I also try to include everybody when events are happening and aid new players. The sense of family has been lost in this game.
Oh I absolutely fall prey to it as well. (I'm literally riding rides for SITS right now, lol.) But it's because there's nothing else going on and that's where everyone else is. This is also probably an indicator that I'll be taking another break from the game, because I already find myself getting bored with it. :( And I guess venting on here late at night isn't an indicator that I'm having a great time in the game haha. When I played back in 2014, before the rides, my favorite thing to do was go clamming in the captains guest quarters. Does anyone do that anymore?? If I remember correctly, you need three people in the room for the clams to appear and I've gone into that room a few times in hopes that people would join but no such luck. Anyway...thanks for speaking up and letting us know that you agree with us. I was a little worried I got too emotional last night haha! But the reality is, it matters to me! This is a game that's literally held memories for me for over 10 years and whether I'm playing it or not, I care about where it's headed... Thanks Lav <3

Gianorail

Disney Enthusiast
Oh I absolutely fall prey to it as well. (I'm literally riding rides for SITS right now, lol.) But it's because there's nothing else going on and that's where everyone else is. This is also probably an indicator that I'll be taking another break from the game, because I already find myself getting bored with it. :( And I guess venting on here late at night isn't an indicator that I'm having a great time in the game haha. When I played back in 2014, before the rides, my favorite thing to do was go clamming in the captains guest quarters. Does anyone do that anymore?? If I remember correctly, you need three people in the room for the clams to appear and I've gone into that room a few times in hopes that people would join but no such luck. Anyway...thanks for speaking up and letting us know that you agree with us. I was a little worried I got too emotional last night haha! But the reality is, it matters to me! This is a game that's literally held memories for me for over 10 years and whether I'm playing it or not, I care about where it's headed... Thanks Lav <3
I love the clam minigame! And the autopia one as well. The tomorrowland quests/magic used to be a HUGE deal when they first came out. I think part of the problem is they only give you about 5 or 10 credits and prices are so inflated that those credits are practically useless to most people, but i still find it fun.

riddleguy

@MyVMK Staff @HOST_Nala @HOST_Thanos @HOST_Duchess @HOST_Rafiki
I feel like the main root issue is that this game has too many temporary additions and not enough perm stuff to keep players occupied. If the staff were to solve this issue, i think the community would improve and players would be more active in the public rooms. I know i would be more active.

I think the following fairly simple solutions would go a long way-

-Regularly Re-releasing older items as perm items.They can even be more expensive then they were the first time. There are plenty of older items that would make great perm additions....like the wedding themed items you released last year and the up balloons. Not every item has to be valuable,economy is a 2 way street. Items go up in value in myvmk, but nothing really go downs in value and thats a problem. Also,Don't be afraid to make something less valuable just because its worth a lot of credits. If an item is worth 100k today and worth 10k tommorow,thats the way the cookie crumbles.

- Adding new perm quests. Both repeatable ones and one time ones.
Here are some perm quests i would like to see:
-a quest for the inferno magic pin that requires a doable but not easy score in the fireworks game.
- the hidden mickey quest
-a repeatable quest for treasure detector single use magic
-repeatable quests as credit sources.
-perm quests for outfits/hats.
-a quest series that gives you an entire set of furniture!

Long-term solutions i think should happen asap:
-Bringing back checkers
-bring back the gater waiter
-getting quest kiosks working again

I sincerely hope the staff will take this into serious consideration. I used to be an active myvmk player but i lost interest because i feel it's a shell of the original myvmk and has a unhealthy economy and community. The original myvmk had plenty to do and keep players occupied in the public rooms and honestly,the staff needs to fix this. I understand the staff is volunteering time out of their busy lifes but i feel the work efforts are a bit misplaced.

Last edited:
God I miss all the community being together and just HAVING FUN. I don't care about being rich necessarily (I only need credits for few not-so-expensive items). Why do people care about being rich so bad? It just hurts tbh and I agree with all the posts above me.
Everything seems so boring with people just doing sits, dhtf/cob, or spending their time doing potc on weekends and matter of fact only get on for host events then right back off.

Did everyone just forget about the star command game? That was freakin cool. I know there's no prizes bUT SO WHAT? IT'S STILL FUN. YOU DON'T NEED PRIZES TO HAVE FUN. I don't even get on anymore for personal reasons and the fact the kingdom feels so ridiculously empty.

Thank you for your comments @Gianorail @LavenderGirl @EmmaSwan @riddleguy I hope things change for the better in the future.

riddleguy

God I miss all the community being together and just HAVING FUN. I don't care about being rich necessarily (I only need credits for few not-so-expensive items). Why do people care about being rich so bad? It just hurts tbh and I agree with all the posts above me.
Everything seems so boring with people just doing sits, dhtf/cob, or spending their time doing potc on weekends and matter of fact only get on for host events then right back off.

Did everyone just forget about the star command game? That was freakin cool. I know there's no prizes bUT SO WHAT? IT'S STILL FUN. YOU DON'T NEED PRIZES TO HAVE FUN. I don't even get on anymore for personal reasons and the fact the kingdom feels so ridiculously empty.

Thank you for your comments @Gianorail @LavenderGirl @EmmaSwan @riddleguy I hope things change for the better in the future.

I hope things change for the better too! One thing i would like to add is it might not be a bad idea to make the current event prizes buyable for people living in different time zones and for people who arent having luck winning the host prize. The host prize could be more expensive then whats it worht to keep the value in tact.

crazyem

This is the exact reason why I loved the CTF Snowball fight. Everyone was teaming together to play the game. Don't get me wrong I love a good game of COB but I agree completely.