Return of the Kraken

Wonder

MyVMK is a recreation of the original VMK. The Original VMK had a kraken. Just because everyone got used to being afk and receiving more credits than people who played doesn't change this fact. We've had this discussion in many threads and debates about friendlies. No one is going to change their mind.
You're right, friendly games are not against the rules. This is to deter people from earning credits while AFK or cloning.

Most games of pirates are around 2 minutes.
Her response was a direct reply to a question about why friendly games have such a negative connotation. It wasn't related to the kraken at all.

If the current staff decided to implement the kraken to deter friendly games then it should be stated as such. It's irresponsible (and contradictory to the rules they've set) for her to reply with such a strong response against friendly games as an admin. That's all I'm saying. I personally don't care if friendly games stay or go.

Well if you want to deter cloning, check certain auction rooms, lol. POTC is not your main concern for that matter... No disrespect here I appreciate you all bringing back VMK and all it’s original features. But there is ALOT more to be dealt with than people earning some extra credits on POTC.
Clones of certain auction room owners driving up prices to obtain more credits seems more against the rules than some friends getting together and agreeing mutually on a game strategy.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Her response was a direct reply to a question about why friendly games have such a negative connotation. It wasn't related to the kraken at all.

If the current staff decided to implement the kraken to deter friendly games then it should be stated as such. It's irresponsible (and contradictory to the rules they've set) for her to reply with such a strong response against friendly games as an admin. That's all I'm saying.
Staff are players too. We're all adults here. We know they are not some godly power. Are they not allowed to have opinions/views?

some friends getting together and agreeing mutually on a game strategy.
You're still more then welcome to do that. Just don't do it while afk..

At first i thought this update was to make the game more engaging which i didn't mind much bc I usually like to run when I play friendly but it's now clear it is just an attempt to punish friendly players... why should the whole team lose their credits if ONE person afks? Much less likely to happen to real players as they are constantly needed in the game unless they lag or dc, where as the non-running players in friendly are so much more likely to drift off because they are simply not needed... Is this synonymous to your ship being be destroyed in the OG game, did it then cause the whole team to lose everything automatically?? I don't know because i never played it because like some other vmk players I don't like the minigame.

You're right, friendly games are not against the rules. This is to deter people from earning credits while AFK or cloning.

Most games of pirates are around 2 minutes.
Sounds good, but I hate to tell ya people will always find another way. All this update did was take away a feature where friends could talk to each other while one ran and earn extra credits. It’s poorly thought out and unnecessary when there are MUCH bigger cloning/mooching issues with clones in one certain auction room and I think anyone who reads this will know exactly what I’m talking about.

Jungle cruise it is ;)

PlayerOne

Sounds good, but I hate to tell ya people will always find another way. All this update did was take away a feature where friends could talk to each other while one ran and earn extra credits. It’s poorly thought out and unnecessary when there are MUCH bigger cloning/mooching issues with clones in one certain auction room and I think anyone who reads this will know exactly what I’m talking about.

Jungle cruise it is ;)
If you want to earn credits and talk with friends, I think they still have the shells minigame in one of the underwater rooms. Yeah, it won't earn nearly as much as pirates, but it's a relaxing way to earn some credits that still allows plenty of room to talk with people.

Wonder

Is this synonymous to your ship being be destroyed in the OG game, did it then cause the whole team to lose everything automatically?? I don't know because i never played it because like some other vmk players I don't like the minigame.
No there was no consequence besides being dead for the rest of that round

Daniella

Jungle cruise it is ;)
One clone/mooching issue at a time. The clone ban they did earlier this year worked pretty well, why not keep adding rules gradually? Since you're so mad about one specific room and using a clone as an advantage, all you have to do is report it. What you're describing is against the clone rule, so if what you're saying is true then it'll be handled.
Credits-made to item-price ratio isn't gonna balance out right away, but eventually prices will go down. Isn't that what you all wanted anyway??
Also, the kraken isn't disabling any other cloning rules or taking away friendly games he is just eating the lazy people so be nice to him he has an important job.

One clone/mooching issue at a time. The clone ban they did earlier this year worked pretty well, why not keep adding rules gradually? Since you're so mad about one specific room and using a clone as an advantage, all you have to do is report it. What you're describing is against the clone rule, so if what you're saying is true then it'll be handled.
Credits-made to item-price ratio isn't gonna balance out right away, but eventually prices will go down. Isn't that what you all wanted anyway??
Also, the kraken isn't disabling any other cloning rules or taking away friendly games he is just eating the lazy people so be nice to him he has an important job.
It still doesn’t make sense. In a friendly game the whole point is taking turns running and it’s agreed on mutually by all players involved. I know in my particular friendlys If there’s someone lazy, they will not be allowed to participate in the next game. I don’t understand how people are saying this update doesn’t directly attack friendly games because no one is going to run around in circles while other people run. This update is to directly cause people to not have friendly games which is fine, I just wish it was described as such instead of ADMIN beating around the bush.

And what I’m speaking about could be reported but it’s kinda hard when there is a significant amount of favoritism taking place around the MyVmk world.
I’m all for staff making adjustments and restoring all the greatness that was the original VMK. But all I’m saying is if something isn’t broken (like a lot of other mini games and features that could be worked on instead of this) which would encourage players to play other mini games instead of just POTC don’t “fix” it because it’s just discouraging and was described in a very confusing manner by staff.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

It still doesn’t make sense. In a friendly game the whole point is taking turns running and it’s agreed on mutually by all players involved. I know in my particular friendlys If there’s someone lazy, they will not be allowed to participate in the next game. I don’t understand how people are saying this update doesn’t directly attack friendly games because no one is going to run around in circles while other people run. This update is to directly cause people to not have friendly games which is fine, I just wish it was described as such instead of ADMIN beating around the bush.

And what I’m speaking about could be reported but it’s kinda hard when there is a significant amount of favoritism taking place amount the MyVmk world.
All for staff making adjustments and restoring all the greatness that was the original VMK. But all I’m saying is if something isn’t broken (like a lot of other mini games and features that could be worked on instead of this) which would encourage players to play other mini games instead of just POTC don’t “fix” it because it’s just discouraging and was discribed in a very confusing manner by staff.
It's not to discourage friendlies. It's to discourage afking friendlies. You don't need to run around in circles, you literally need to move once every 15 seconds. Given a friend round lasts less then 30 seconds for a player to grab the flag and come back, thats moving literally once, maybe twice if you time it poorly. It's really not a lot of effort.

And if people are breaking the cloning rules....it's already been said. Report it. I'm not going to go into detail because what's done is done, but they do take action on players abusing closing, even on well-known players.

It's not to discourage friendlies. It's to discourage afking friendlies. You don't need to run around in circles, you literally need to move once every 15 seconds. Given a friend round lasts less then 30 seconds for a player to grab the flag and come back, thats moving literally once, maybe twice if you time it poorly. It's really not a lot of effort.

And if people are breaking the cloning rules....it's already been said. Report it. I'm not going to go into detail because what's done is done, but they do take action on players abusing closing, even on well-known players.
There is no such thing as a non afk friendly lol. The whole point is to take turns while others can go about their day and earn credits. Most of us are playing at work! It was just nice to have a way to enjoy vmk without having to pay attention every two seconds.

PlayerOne

There is no such thing as a non afk friendly lol. The whole point is to take turns while others can go about their day and earn credits. Most of us are playing at work! It was just nice to have a way to enjoy vmk without having to pay attention every two seconds.
I thought it was about playing with friends while talking to each other?

There are plenty of people who play friendlies while not afk. I've seen several games tonight after the update. It just takes a little more effort.

Ask yourself this, objectively: Should players be able to earn more credits and keys while literally afk at work then people who are actively playing the game?

Daniella

To be fair, what other game can you play while not paying attention? Kinda defeats the purpose of even playing, but alright. Friendlies aren't even the point of this thread, but if you wanna debate that fine. That's not how the game is supposed to be played so I'm not sure where you're even going with this. Besides pouring an absurd amount of credits into the game idk what else you're really doing when you play friendly.

I thought it was about playing with friends while talking to each other?

There are plenty of people who play friendlies while not afk. I've seen several games tonight after the update. It just takes a little more effort.

Ask yourself this, objectively: Should players be able to earn more credits and keys while literally afk at work then people who are actively playing the game?
Yes because we’re all adults here. It’s all about taking turns, sharing the love.
The clones will find a way to beat the update anyways lol, no worries.

Daniella

Ya'll do realize friendly games literally only have two runners correct????????? And it's usually groups of friends who play bc Fireworks, Jungle Cruise, and HM are all trash on a trackpad. If you don't want people doing friendly, don't offer the capture the flag option, thanks!
Yea let's remove an entire minigame instead of implementing a feature of the game that was actually supposed to be there from the start! Yeah!!