Clone Policy Discussion

What would you like to see the clone policy be?

• No clones; only 1 main account

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Main account + 1 clone

Votes: 62 53.9%
  • Main account + 2 clones

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • No clone limit

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other (please reply to this thread with your suggestion)

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie_Poof

Using a clone in events, hide and seek, mini games, etc. gives that one person an unfair advantage and takes that opportunity away from another person being able to enjoy the event. I think the events should be more than just getting items, I actually enjoy going and participating in the staff hosted events. With the new client being available and new users being able to play, there's no reason for multiple accounts to go through the growing queues. Wait in line with one account so the rest of us can enjoy it, please!

I don't understand having a clone, but I guess it would be okay if clone be used for SITs and storage...

Stand_Out

Official Disnerd
I am going to be honest here, I used to make SO many clones on the original game for the wrong reasons. Back then, they had a set of codes that always worked that allowed me to get 2000 credits extra per account plus I was able to sell all of the items to start to have about 2500 credits. I would do this to purchase clothes only and trade to my main account.

Since, unless I’m wrong, codes aren’t a thing, I can see how this is not possible. I am going to agree that one clone for the purpose of storage is a good idea and even to sit in your guest room. I am not sure how I feel about host events or even mini games. I think SITS rides doesn’t hurt anyone because it isn’t necessarily taking another players spot like it would in a queue or in a mini game. I just don’t see how staff would monitor this. My brother made an account from my laptop yesterday. Would he be considered a clone based on where he was created? Just curious. One clone shouldn’t cause a lot of harm. Unlimited clones though does not seem fair.

*Please note that this would be the Clone Policy game wide. Including but not limited to: any crates/pods/crates that may be added, SITS rides, HOST events, etc.
I think saying the clone policy would be universal (sitewide) won't benefit the site, honestly. You need to break it up. Here is my suggestion:
No clones - Competitions and Host Events
Any site activity where you adding a clone takes away an opportunity from another player.

Absolutely no clones should be allowed in any competition or during staff events. You adding a clone to a host line, in a room waiting for staff to give you an item, or searching around public rooms for staff gives you a leg up and takes the opportunity away from another player. For example, host events where you wait in line to get pulled into the room, each clone you add gives all the users behind it less chance. It seems harmless because everybody could just sign in with a clone, but the events are sparce and only an hour or two. You can play once, wait, and then get back in line when you're done. You don't need to fill the queue with clones because a 30 person queue, filled with just 1 clone each is now a 60 person queue. If you have time for that then all the users can get back in line and participate once more anyways without hindering another player who might've logged in late. I can elaborate on the other examples as well, but I feel most people understand where adding a clone takes away another player's opportunity just fine.
Unlimited Clones - Quests, SITS, Log in Prizes, Mini-games, Ride-a-thons, Easter Event, etc
Any event where you adding a clone won't take away from somebody else.

When you add 20 clones to a SITS or Ride-a-thon ride you aren't taking away another player's opportunity to get a sits pin. Yes a clone could give a SITS and not a real player, but the player can continue to ride all day long as long as they want and it doesn't hinder another user's enjoyment or opportunity because they ride doesn't end. It just keeps on going.
If a player wants to do a 30 minutes quest 20 times, why not let them. It floods the game with items and all players have the same opportunity to do the same. It doesn't give any player an advantage nor does it take away an opportunity for another player because they're still spending their time obtaining the items and if any other user wants to waste their time doing it they can. There's no extra prize for the leader board so that literally has no affect on quests and how many clones should be able to do it.
For mini-games, if user isn't able to play games with real users, their enjoyment in myvmk is going to diminish fast when they can't make any money. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to enjoy double credits like all the other users just because they have to work during the peak times and other users aren't playing during the times they are able to.
For Log in prizes, that's self explanatory. Usually the pins are worthless in value anyways. For a pin that a user wants 20 of,just let them log in with 20 clones and get them rather than have to go search for them and get ripped off.
Events like the Easter Event, I'm not sure what to actually call this one, but the reasoning is, an egg is going to appear in each instance of a room where there is 3+. Just let each user sit in their room with their clones and get the eggs. You don't need to limit the clones on this one, just limit their rooms. Each user can only have their clones in 1 room collecting eggs at a time. This actually adds to the opportunities for users rather than taking them away. It's disheartening to sit in a room and not get an egg, it's even worse to have to room jump because as soon as you get in a room with only a few players they all leave so they can get the most eggs for themselves.

I truly hope you are still working on this policy and that you take my suggestion into consideration.

Last edited:

airham

I think saying clones don't take away from somebody else when it comes to quests, SITS, log-in prizes, ride-a-thons, and pod events is pretty short-sighted. The fact that the use of clones "floods the game with items" (your words) affects the economy in a very obvious way. For example, you reference that many of the log-in pins are pretty much devoid of value, but part of the reason why they have little value is the fact that you can get one for free on all of your unlimited accounts. Whether you care about log-in pins having value or not (and I don't, really), it's circular reasoning to say "clones make log-in pins worthless, and people should be able to use clones because log-in pins are worthless, anyways." Obviously, if the use of clones is directly related to one's ability to acquire items of value (and if the use of clones is unlimited), then it's advantageous for everyone to use as many clones as they can handle. If one person is able to become relatively richer by using clones, then another user becomes relatively poorer if they don't. So in that way, it does pretty directly affect other players. To your credit, you do go on to point out that everyone has the same ability to use clones (more or less true, although having multiple computers is advantageous in that regard, and mobile devices can't run multiple instances of the game). But I think it's worth considering whether we really want people getting on 12 accounts and podding in 4 rooms all by themselves. Even if everyone is allowed to do it, so it's technically "fair," it's still just kind of dumb... If staff wanted the game to be flooded with items, they could make that happen in a way that doesn't require cloning (increased Kevin spawns and increased rare item odds, for example). But overall, it's important to consider that "flooding the game with items" isn't necessarily a good thing, because it removes scarcity, and without scarcity, there is no economy.

Also, by your logic, playing mini-games against one's own clones should be permitted, since it doesn't prevent anyone else from acquiring items. And yet, that's pretty much the only explicitly and consistently disallowed use of clones.

With regard to ride-a-thons, specifically, I don't really see why they should be considered any different from regular host events. They require a queue, and the more clones are in the queue, the fewer times people who aren't using clones get through the queue. It seems like you just kind of made a distinction without a difference, there. If a hard cap was instituted on the number of clones permitted during host events, then the same rule should apply to ride-a-thons.

With regard to SITS, specifically, it seems like that actually pretty much depends on the use of clones. If we could only be on one account at a time, just riding the same ride over and over again for an hour just to get like 8 ash would be really frustrating and not remotely fun or worthwhile.

Overall, I'm kind of okay with what staff has been doing regarding clones lately: just telling us when we can't use them or when they're limited (BB8s, Kevins, Jedi Event, Minigames). It's still not entirely perfect (and unless staff devotes all of its time to enforcing clone rules, it probably never will be), but it's fine because at least everyone knows the rules.

I am agree with the main account + 1 clone. I also think the rule should instate that you cannot use clones to win double the prizes simultaneously, (Ex. using your clone to play pirates with yourself to get x2 credits); but you can use a clone to multitask, (Ex. riding your clone on the rides in fantasyland courtyard while you're playing pirates). Although I do not think its wrong to add your clone into the host room queue closer to the end of the event just to get the queue prize.

Also, by your logic, playing mini-games against one's own clones should be permitted, since it doesn't prevent anyone else from acquiring items. And yet, that's pretty much the only explicitly and consistently disallowed use of clones.
As requested by Rapunzel I am not going to debate with you on this, but I did want to point out that yes I would consider mini-games fine to use your clone in. I left out mini games in my original post hoping that the explanations and "etc" would suffice, but I can edit it in to make it clear where I stand on them.

As per your second part of the quote I just want to add that staff is tweaking the policy to be sitewide, so no matter what they decide on clones it will include all aspects of the game, minigames as well. If staffs says users can have a clone players can play against their clones. If staff says users can't have a clone then you can't log in and get that extra valentine's pin or do that extra quest. I hope I cleared everything up.

Night_Star

Clones are okay as long as they follow the rules and don't harass or bother other players. I also wish staff would ban or permanently ban the clones who use inappropriate chat in game. Yesterday while trying to enjoy playing POTC with my friends, all I saw from two clones in the lobby and in game were inappropriate. I asked them to talk normal and all I got was a barrage of more disgusting things from the both of them. Also reporting them did nothing and they should have been both banned, yet they played and annoyed people throughout the day. So if you can't control the clones or ban them when you should, then maybe clones shouldn't be allowed.

Last edited:
See my thing is like others have mentioned here, I have a household of gamers lol. My fiance and I live with my parents at the moment and they all play a plethora of games and would love to join MyVMK but they dont want to at the risk of me getting in trouble for fear they might be seen as "clones". When old VMK was still alive my mom and grandma who both LOVE Disney would play VMK with me. So what if a household has two or more children who want to play MyVMK? Would one of the childrens accounts not be allowed because they would be considered a "clone"?

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
See my thing is like others have mentioned here, I have a household of gamers lol. My fiance and I live with my parents at the moment and they all play a plethora of games and would love to join MyVMK but they dont want to at the risk of me getting in trouble for fear they might be seen as "clones". When old VMK was still alive my mom and grandma who both LOVE Disney would play VMK with me. So what if a household has two or more children who want to play MyVMK? Would one of the childrens accounts not be allowed because they would be considered a "clone"?
Hello, thank you for your question! There is a difference between a household family who plays together, and a person who is using clones. A clone is just a secondary account that you have, that you play on as well. For example, a use of cloning would be Player A having account MickeyMouse and MinnieMouse on at the same time. While MinnieMouse is riding the dark rides, MickeyMouse is playing Jungle Cruise. At the end of the day, MinnieMouse trades all the pins she won to MickeyMouse. In this case, one person is using two accounts in order to gain an unfair advantage for themselves (making credits and riding for SITS).

However, if your family members are playing the game, even if they are online at the same time as you, but they are actively playing for themselves and not just trading everything they have over to you, then they would not be considered clones! We would love to have them on the game, and if there is ever any question about what is going on, you can always reach out to us and let us know of the situation! Hope this clears it up for you, and hope to see your family enjoying the magic soon!

Hello, thank you for your question! There is a difference between a household family who plays together, and a person who is using clones. A clone is just a secondary account that you have, that you play on as well. For example, a use of cloning would be Player A having account MickeyMouse and MinnieMouse on at the same time. While MinnieMouse is riding the dark rides, MickeyMouse is playing Jungle Cruise. At the end of the day, MinnieMouse trades all the pins she won to MickeyMouse. In this case, one person is using two accounts in order to gain an unfair advantage for themselves (making credits and riding for SITS).

However, if your family members are playing the game, even if they are online at the same time as you, but they are actively playing for themselves and not just trading everything they have over to you, then they would not be considered clones! We would love to have them on the game, and if there is ever any question about what is going on, you can always reach out to us and let us know of the situation! Hope this clears it up for you, and hope to see your family enjoying the magic soon!
Oh Okay!! I was just wondering how the staff would know the difference like how do we gauge the difference?

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
Oh Okay!! I was just wondering how the staff would know the difference like how do we gauge the difference?
On our end, there are some things we can see that help us to know when there is a clone vs a family member. Generally, a clone and an active player have very different looks and are fairly easy to spot. As stated above, if there is ever any question, we will always reach out to resolve any situations that may arise. Your family members dont have to worry about it! :D

On our end, there are some things we can see that help us to know when there is a clone vs a family member. Generally, a clone and an active player have very different looks and are fairly easy to spot. As stated above, if there is ever any question, we will always reach out to resolve any situations that may arise. Your family members dont have to worry about it! :D
Oh okie dokie! Im so glad my family can play with me now! lol

Horse

Can staff please confirm what the policy currently is? Are today's quest only to be done by 1 account? Or have the rules changed to allow more than 1 (and if so, how many)?

Thanks for your time.