The Shoutbox

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
The shoutbox came back several months ago, and I had noticed it now seems to be nonexistent? I'm just confused and wondering what had happened to it because the link is still at the top of the forums bar and it just leads to a "Page cannot be found". I remember when it came back, and 2 months ago I noticed it's gone. But I don't know if anyone else cares because I haven't seen anyone else point it out.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
The shoutbox came back several months ago, and I had noticed it now seems to be nonexistent? I'm just confused and wondering what had happened to it because the link is still at the top of the forums bar and it just leads to a "Page cannot be found". I remember when it came back, and 2 months ago I noticed it's gone. But I don't know if anyone else cares because I haven't seen anyone else point it out.
It wasnt very active and had a few bugs

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
It wasnt very active and had a few bugs
Well that's disappointing because the shoutbox could've been very useful again with its revival.

Road

I absolutely loved the shoutbox! Unfortunately, it just stopped working for me after a while. Hopefully it will come back soon!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AlexanderH

Waiting for 2028
I agree with Jason. With the last and failed revival of the shoutbox, it required players to go to a specific page dedicated to participating. Why not go with what we did years ago and place it on top of the forums page so it is seamless with the experience of using the forums?

It's just an idea, and is not guaranteed to work. To be fair, it could also be that the community nowadays is less saturated and colourful than it was in 2013/2014. So many of the original people that came from OpenVMK are gone and there are increasingly few connections with the original VMK. But I'm going on a tangent here.

I personally really enjoyed the old shoutbox back in 2013/2014. I think it could be really useful now, especially with all of the glitches/bugs we've been having in game. Sometimes I get concerned that I'm the only one not being able to get on, and I always wished the shoutbox was open to see if others were having the same issues as me. (obviously, I know that there is a thread for the bugs and glitches, but I am specifically talking about when vmk isn't working or loading). Idk, just something to think about. Obviously, if there isn't enough of a demand for it, it shouldn't be brought back.

Why do they keep a link to the shoutbox at the top of the forum if they're not interested in having it operational? This must be confusing to new members.

Please don't ban me, or remove or edit this post. Cheers.

Last edited:

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
If you download the Tapatalk app on your phone, there is still a shout box on there but as Nala said, it isn’t very active. The last thing on there was posted in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk