Chest Keys for JC !!

!!UPDATE!!
Keys can now be obtained from JC and Fireworks. To receive them from JC, you must complete each full game with a score of 30k, and at 3 games completed you’ll receive a bronze key, 5 games a silver key and 7 games a gold key.

Howdy hey, I just had a thought the other day about receiving pirate chest keys.

I know you can get keys from pirates and HM but I was wondering if there was any specific reason it's not set up to get them through JC? I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I like playing JC more than any other game, for multiple reasons, but it sucks that you can't get keys from it. I understand you get keys from winning games, (at least i think), and you don't necessarily win or lose in JC, but is there any way to get keys through JC by racking up points, like crate keys or the sunset pins? I don't enjoy playing the other games, even friendly pirates, but I feel like I'm missing out on a big part of the game by not having the chance to get keys. I would really like to know the reasoning behind that decision and if there is no concrete reason for it, would be possible to consider changing this? (I apologize if this question has already been asked, I just haven't seen anything about it).

Thanks, friends:rainbow:

Last edited:
It's my favorite game too! I like HM, but it can be kinda glitchy sometimes (I know they're working on it). Also, I'm not very good at playing POTC Ship Battle and playing friendly gets boring for me after a few games. I'd like to get better at ship battle but it's always been hard for me to find people who want me to play.
I think it would be great if there was a way to implement keys into JC and Castle Fireworks (even though I don't play that one, I know others do).

It's my favorite game too! I like HM, but it can be kinda glitchy sometimes (I know they're working on it). Also, I'm not very good at playing POTC Ship Battle and playing friendly gets boring for me after a few games. I'd like to get better at ship battle but it's always been hard for me to find people who want me to play.
I think it would be great if there was a way to implement keys into JC and Castle Fireworks (even though I don't play that one, I know others do).
I agreeeeee! and fireworks too!!!
I agree, if JC gets keys, its only fair that fireworks does too! More people will still play pirates and HM than JC and fireworks combined even with keys implemented, so I don't feel like an excess of keys in the system will be an issue! (I can see that being an argument against keys in other games). I just don't want to be forced to play a game that I have no interest in only to have a chance at pulling items/rares.

Last edited:
More people will still play pirates and HM than JC and fireworks combined even with keys implemented, so I don't feel like an excess of keys in the system will be an issue! (I can see that being an argument against keys in other games).
Exactly. And since we have already been playing POTC for keys, us being able to get them playing the game we like won't even put more keys in the game. Theoretically it should be about even (since we would just be playing a different game to get them). I mean, JC takes more effort than friendly pirates anyway (in my opinion). Also, it might cut down on friendly pirates games (which everyone [not me] has seemed to be up in arms about lately).
I honestly don't see a downfall for anyone as long as it takes about the same amount of time to get keys.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I don't mind the idea (I don't play JC myself), however if implemented they should take as long to get (points wise) as an average key in pirates(not friendlies)/HM.

I'm not sure how long it takes to get a key playing POTC (I don't really ever play), but as long as it's about the same amount of time it takes to get keys in HM, I'll be happy.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Doing some quick maths:

Unless the drop frequency has been changed, in POTC, you get a Bronze Key every 3 wins, Silver every 8, and Gold every 14. Obviously POTC games can vary between less than a minute to 9 minutes, but let's say the average time for a (2v2 competitive) game is 2 and a half minutes. Obviously 4v4s can take much longer but I think thats a fair time. let's say the average winrate is 50%.

So with a POTC win every 5 minutes, you have a bronze key after 15 minutes, silver after 40 minutes, and gold after 70 minutes. We would then need to figure out how many points can, on average, be earned in those times. It's been a LONG time since I have played Jungle Cruise (Basically, back before POTC and HM were released), but if I remember correctly, a full (3 round) game of JC takes just about 9 minutes, and 40,000 is a pretty reasonable score you can achieve if you stay for the full game? Obviously if your watching a movie or not dedicating your attention to it, it might be less, but let's assume you are. So 9 minutes = 40k points (or 1 minute = 4444 points) you get (roughly):

66k points per bronze key
177k points per silver key
311k points per gold key.

Could just round those to some nice even numbers (60k, 180k, 300k). Obviously this is based on a lot of variables comparing it to Pirates, but wanted to think about potential key rates for Jungle Cruise.