Status
Not open for further replies.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff

MyVMK is having its first Secret Santa this year! Sign ups are beginning right now! Essentially, you sign up and will be placed into a list of people. Someone will be selected to give you a gift, and you will be selected to give someone else a gift. You will not be matched with the same person who is gifting you. Gifters will remain anonymous, but after giving your gift you can choose to reveal yourself to them if you wish. You will be able to gift any tradeable items, as well as guest rooms that you can build for the other person.

When signing up, you will be asked basic questions like what kind of item preferences you have, what themed things you like, and a chance to enter a little bio for yourself. This will be visible to your Santa. We ask that you give at least 20,000 credits worth of items on your gift, as we don't want people gifting pixels! There will be an approval process to make sure no clones sign up and things like that.

We hope you'll get creative, and at the minimum give a thoughtful gift to the person. It's not so much about how much it's all worth as much as how much you think they'll like it, that's why we have given the option to gift an entire room along with the furniture inside it, so you can build a room to gift to the person you're matched with! We also ask you don't just put "i want a black flip hat" in your bio, if you do something like that you may be disqualified from the secret Santa this year.

Sign ups are open until December 5th, and after that point you won't be able to sign up. That's also when you'll be matched and more information on how that will work will be available at the time!

You can sign up for our secret Santa by clicking this link, but make sure you're signed into the website first!

Amy

Head Administrator
Just a note, you will be able to request a rematch if you're matched with someone you don't like so you don't have to gift things to people who have been mean to you and things like that!

This sounds so fun! I would love to join but I will be off the grid the 5th - 12th of December and don't want to short change anyone. Any idea of when the trade will occur?

Amy

Head Administrator
This sounds so fun! I would love to join but I will be off the grid the 5th - 12th of December and don't want to short change anyone. Any idea of when the trade will occur?
You'll have until the end of December 24th to do it. You won't directly trade the person, it'll be done through an interface in the game, and you'll be able to include a message if you like (where you can put your name if you choose, otherwise you'll be anonymous!).

lexis

this does not define you.
is there some way to know for sure if our secret santa app successfully went through? i had the tab open for a few days and just submitted it, but i'm worried that it may not have actually worked because of signing in and out. i was signed in on another tab at the time but i'm not 100% sure if i was still signed in on the tab in which i submitted the app.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
is there some way to know for sure if our secret santa app successfully went through? i had the tab open for a few days and just submitted it, but i'm worried that it may not have actually worked because of signing in and out. i was signed in on another tab at the time but i'm not 100% sure if i was still signed in on the tab in which i submitted the app.
We got yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.