Capture The Flag Objective & Rules:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Main Lobby: To begin Capture the Flag you will see a pop-up then click the 'join' button whenever the game has been scheduled. If the pop up is accidentally exited out of, does not occur, or it is mid-game you may join by going to Esplanade. Once you have joined and entered Capture the Flag you will be in a special instance that you can not see from the map. You may also not access the map while in the game. Do NOT use your map during the game or you will be taken out of the game, returned to the normal instances and will NOT be able to return.

Part 1: You will begin at your own base (Penguin or Reindeer). From your base you need to make your way to your opponent’s base. Your base will either be in Castle Forecourt or Esplanade.

For Penguins: You may take three different routes. Your first route is down main street. You begin in Castle Forecourt, then go to Central Plaza, Main Street, Town Square and then you are at the Reindeer's base at Esplanade. Another route you may choose is starting in Castle Forecourt, going to Central Plaza then heading to the Magic Shop. From here you would go to VMK Central then on to Penny Arcade. From Penny Arcade you can choose to go to Main Street or Music Game. If you choose to go to Main Street, you can take the continued route from the first route. If you choose to go into Music Game, you can then continue to Emporium which will lead you into Town Square. From Town Square you can enter the Reindeer's base at Esplanade. The third route you can choose starts in Castle Forecourt, then will go into Central Plaza. From Central Plaza you can head to Sci-Fi Dine in and from here you can make it to Town Square and then into the Reindeer's base at Esplanade.

For Reindeer's: You may take three different routes. Your first route is starting at Esplanade going into Town Square. You then would go to Main Street, Central Plaza, and then enter the Penguins base at Castle Forecourt. The second route you may choose begins in Esplanade and leads into Town Square. From Town Square you can enter the Emporium and then the Music game. From the Music Game you would enter Penny Arcade where you could either choose to go to Main Street or VMK Central. If you choose Main Street, you can continue down the first routes path. If you choose VMK Central, you will continue into the Magic Shop and then come out at Central Plaza. From Central Plaza you will continue into Castle Forecourt where the Penguins base is. The third route you can take begins at your base in Esplanade. From there you will go into Town Square and then go into Sci-Fi Dine-In. Once you are there you will end up in Central Plaza and then continue into the Penguins base at Castle Forecourt.

Part 2: Once you have made it to your opponent’s base, steal their flag! Walk up to the igloo and double click it to take the flag. Please take note that if you get hit at anytime during the game by the opponent you will be sent back to your own base. If you have stolen the flag and get hit the flag will drop and either team can take it!

Part 3: After stealing the flag make your way back to your own base! Walk up to your own igloo and then double click it to capture your opponent’s flag to your own base.

You have now successfully Captured the Flag!

I guess there are more Penguins than Reindeer because I am STILL in a queue to enter the game (almost an hour after the game started). I would think there would be some sort of rotation of taking some people "out" of the game (and put them in a queue) and putting in those of us in the queue, but maybe that is too complicated. Let's go PENGUINS! Take that flag home:surrender:

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
Okay this is the third time I have been in the room and then when it starts it says "Waiting in queue" and I wait for 30+ minutes and nothing happens.

I understand teams need to be even, but it's unfortunate when we're allowed into the host room where (bless her heart I genuinely love) heihei said if we were in the room we'd be able to play and then I get put in queue again?

How are people getting chosen to be let in to play? is it random or time based?

Maybe in the future for events that are dependent on even teams there could be like, two rooms? like let us into a host room and then tele the first 20 of each side into the actual waiting room or something? IDK.

I think the event sounds super cool so props for organizing it!

Okay this is the third time I have been in the room and then when it starts it says "Waiting in queue" and I wait for 30+ minutes and nothing happens.

I understand teams need to be even, but it's unfortunate when we're allowed into the host room where (bless her heart I genuinely love) heihei said if we were in the room we'd be able to play and then I get put in queue again?

How are people getting chosen to be let in to play? is it random or time based?

Maybe in the future for events that are dependent on even teams there could be like, two rooms? like let us into a host room and then tele the first 20 of each side into the actual waiting room or something? IDK.

I think the event sounds super cool so props for organizing it!
I am so sorry about that! I will pass this on to the one's who organize it and see how we can resolve this so it doesn't keep happening to you or anyone else! Thank you for letting me know, sometimes with things like this we really just don't know how things are operating until we get helpful feed back like yours! <3

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I just want to say I have had a blast playing capture the flag. I hope you find a way to incorporate this into a monthly or quarterly event with different prizes. It is great to see all the player actually playing together. Working as a team. Seeing players you would not normally be with. This is one of the best things you have done for the game. Really creating a sense of belonging. Though I know some can take it a little far with their jabs for the most part this has been so much fun to play. Also having hosts along playing with us makes it extra special. It is a game anyone can play. I think I got hit by more snow balls than I actually threw. It did not matter when I finally hit a player on the other team.

A huge thank you for creating this new game. <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.