What items would you like to see be re-released?

i do agree with this! ^^ bring back the mickey ears.

also though, a recoloring of certain items wouldn't be the end of the world.
the re-releases of the og items such as green flip and stuff in TD magic would be neat, the odds should definitely be against us for that but it would still bring some into the game for the ones that are hidden away in players inventories that don't even play.
i would say even bring back the frozen items such as the outfits since there is another movie coming out!

- i had to update this with guest rooms! i'm not even 100% sure which rooms are out there but i loove my safari room and would love too see more of them. in that case though, the jungle cruise pins/furni should also be brought back.

Last edited:

Horse

Furni rereleases I would love include

Dreams Hook Chair
Dreams Pirate Turret Chair
Dreams Castle Turret Chair
Flaming Ransacked Window
Aladdin's Flying Carpet Chair Blue
Aladdin's Flying Carpet Chair Green
Ariel's Treasure Chest Red
Finding Nemo items (chairs, rugs)
Magic Show (blocks, carpets, curtains)

Older Stained Glass Pins, Some of the harder to obtian items such as Stitch hat, Penguin Beanie, more rarer magics. Maybe some of the HnS items? Guest rooms that are harder to find or popular.

Matty

knows a thing or two
May be an unpopular opinion among some and loved by others but the values for ultras have gotten quite out of hand and are no less sought after than they were originally (in my opinion).

OG inferno, stitch hat, green flip hat, OG princess minnie, OG brown HM outfit, Sparrow outfit & ears, tinkerbell rose pins, OG enchanted roses, master gracey clocks, and firewalls (just to bring back a source of non-credit currency). I'd also vote for any other ultras that have seemingly dissipated due to old players ceasing from playing or being unwilling to trade them/hoarding them to rack up the values even further. Again, this is my opinion. I wouldn't release them to be sold in stores obviously. But redistributing roughly or slightly less than the same amount that was originally given would be a great way to bring things full circle again in terms of realistic values.

Would also love to see more of the mini-game level pins, moneybags pins, gold star pins, and IG trivia-like pins (i.e. push's trivia or amy speaks) awarded again as well as another opportunity to get the classic VMK quest pins (i.e. adventureland, tomorrowland, frontiereland, etc quest pins).

*Update: I paid an arm and a leg for my ultras fairly recently at roughly the same values they're at now and I personally am not affronted whatsoever by a rerelease so long as it's within reason and can't just be purchased in a store. A spinoff (different color) release of the OG items would just be laughable. Take the pink/blue crate items that sold practically for pennies years ago and are worth a few thousand max today for example. Nice idea but did nothing to help the values. I guess what I DO NOT want to see is OG items pushing 3-5mil in a few years and all of them disappearing and we lose players again. We've got a good thing going: moderate amount of people back on the game, enough to bring even more back or encourage newbies to play should we be able to agree on a way to control our 'economy'. #MVRA #MakeValuesRealisticAgain*
The values of ultras have been out of hand.. and for quite some time. This has little to do with the items themselves in terms of the number of them, but rather the number of credits floating around in game to be spent on them.

The items you've listed are fantastic items. You've advocated against re-releasing them in stores to be sold, when re-releasing them in stores to be sold is exactly where they need to be to reset their value. If you'd like to see a halt put to the escalation of prices of ultras, then a new a baseline value for each ultra needs to be established. For instance, let's say OG Inferno currently sells for 3 million credits (disclaimer: I have no idea what it sells for), now if that same OG Inferno is re-released in stores for 1 million credits, guess what the new value of OG Inferno is?? 1 million credits. Some will be sold, which is great for a couple of reasons:

1. It removes large sums of credits from the game.
2. It removes large sums of credits from the game that would otherwise be used to push up the prices of other items.

Firewalls are an interesting item you've mentioned. Yes, they were the gold standard of non-credit currency for much of MyVMK's infancy. They were a stable and desired item until they weren't. And why did that happen?? They were re-released in the pirate chests and through other means, crippling their perceived "value" and destabilizing them as the "go to" form of non-credit currency.

Personally, I think bringing back items is great, ultras and otherwise. However, re-releasing ultras through means of crates, treasure detector magic, sword in the stone, pirate chests, whatever it may be, does nothing to market correct them or address the longstanding and real culprit of this game.. credits.

If players want realistic values, players need to be realistic about how to get there.

Last edited:

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
The values of ultras have been out of hand.. and for quite some time. This has little to do with the items themselves in terms of the number of them, but rather the number of credits floating around in game to be spent on them.

The items you've listed are fantastic items. You've advocated against re-releasing them in stores to be sold, when re-releasing them in stores to be sold is exactly where they need to be to reset their value. If you'd like to see a halt put to the escalation of prices of ultras, then a new a baseline value for each ultra needs to be established. For instance, let's say OG Inferno currently sells for 3 million credits (disclaimer: I have no idea what it sells for), now if that same OG Inferno is re-released in stores for 1 million credits, guess what the new value of OG Inferno is?? 1 million credits. Some will be sold, which is great for a couple of reasons:

1. It removes large sums of credits from the game.
2. It removes large sums of credits from the game that would otherwise be used to push up the prices of other items.

Firewalls are an interesting item you've mentioned. Yes, they were the gold standard of non-credit currency for much of MyVMK's infancy. They were a stable and desired item until they weren't. And why did that happen?? They were re-released in the pirate chests and through other means, crippling their perceived "value" and destabilizing them as the go to form of non-credit currency.

Personally, I think bringing back items is great, ultras and otherwise. However, re-releasing ultras through means of crates, treasure detector magic, sword in the stone, pirate chests, whatever it may be, does nothing to market correct them or address the longstanding and real culprit of this game.. credits.

If players want realistic values, players need to be realistic about how to get there.
I am in absolute love with this idea despite my original suggestion to stray away from releasing them in stores. Staff agree on a reasonable price periodically when high demand items reach ridiculous values, leave the items out for a REASONABLE time, and the values are regulated again. You’re a genius. [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fotogirl

I would love to see more building things released and re-released. The Pandora items were so well done imho but there were not enough of them and I still would like to see full functionality return to building items such as 4 rotations. Kudos to the GA that did the UP chairs this month and returned to doing 4 side rotation.

I am in absolute love with this idea despite my original suggestion to stray away from releasing them in stores. Staff agree on a reasonable price periodically when high demand items reach ridiculous values, leave the items out for a REASONABLE time, and the values are regulated again. You’re a genius. [emoji7]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think re-releasing them in stores wouldnt be bad but maybe set them at a price people can afford who dont have as many credits or cant play as much.

SweetTea

I think re-releasing them in stores wouldnt be bad but maybe set them at a price people can afford who dont have as many credits or cant play as much.
I wish they could do that but the fact that they'd consider re-releasing them in stores at all would likely infuriate a ton of players... and justifiably so unless they simply do it to regulate the values. Lol I swear, I feel like we're dealing with the Rockefellers.

Matty

knows a thing or two
Dude green crates were so good. It rewarded people who actually play minigames and for the people who didn't want to play could trade for crates and keys. It was easily the best implementation of crates this game had
Green crates were great. Back when people would just play; and farming for crates, credits, keys, wasn't as much of an issue.

I wish they could do that but the fact that they'd consider re-releasing them in stores at all would likely infuriate a ton of players... and justifiably so unless they simply do it to regulate the values. Lol I swear, I feel like we're dealing with the Rockefellers.
honestly, i'm going to play devils advocate and say this... the market on this game is totally ridiculous. why do people have to get rid of everything they have just to get an "ultra rate" such as green flip hat and whatever else. this game is suppose to be fun and if only maybe 10% of the players can afford the 600k and up prices, how is that fun for anyone. if they re-release stuff in stores, as mentioned, it can bring back regulated values. you guys can argue w me all you want about this but sorry not sorry.

Last edited:

McQuack

I've been saying this for the looongest time so I sound like a broken record at this point but the reason the hoarding problem exists in the first place is because there is no incentive for traders to sell their rare items. If history is anything to go by, they know those items they're holding onto will never drop in price and will instead keep increasing in value, so why would they get rid of that item? Unless the trader is in desperate need of another item/credits, they'll continue hoarding that item because they know the value will only keep increasing with no risk. I like the idea of taking the current market value into account if you're going to add a rare item back into the shop but cut the value by a certain percentage so it's a fair compromise, as well as encouraging everyone to trade their items at their perceived high point.

Re-releases are going to make people upset. It sucks but that's the risk factor in participating in an economy. Everyone should be buying items because they like them, not because it's some sort of investment. Investments are never guaranteed, that's why good and bad investments are a thing. If you earned a million credits and bought a green flip, that's awesome, but that should be because you liked the item and you wanted to have it at that moment. There was never any indication that once an item is retired it will remain retired. That was never the case and re-releases have always been a thing since the game opened.

Besides that, there's sooooo many rares and ultra rares in the game now that a few could be re-released without any major repercussions on the economy. Every time there's a new competition it's always a new prize and never an old item which means there are some things out there that 10 or less people own. There are multiple rares being introduced in the SITS and POTC chest every month. One of the reasons I disliked changing the prizes monthly is because although those items are considered rare, it's next to impossible to find people trading/wanting those items after they're retired because there is no cooldown time for people to get them, new rare(s) are immediately introduced and everyone shifts their focus on attempting to get those. You can probably ask a bunch of people what the rare item was from 2-3 months ago and there's a good chance people will have no idea. Those items are practically lost in a sea of other items.

That said, if I was going about selecting what items should warrant an immediate re-release, I would go by two factors:

a) How many people own the item (furniture and to a lesser extent, pins, should have a higher rate than clothing.)
b) Items where zero (or very very few) trades for it have been made in the past month. That's a pretty clear indication that the item's circulation is practically dead and needs to be replenished. It doesn't necessarily mean the item is rare or valuable, it just means the item is impossible to get, whether due to a small quantity in existence, not many active players trading it, or simply because it's been forgotten amongst the sea of other items.

Obviously non-tradeable or specially labeled holiday/event items (e.g. a pin with a date on it or a first place competition pin) shouldn't be included... but that's about it. And this should be something that should be checked daily, not just for a specific month.
Anyways I am incredibly long-winded and although I have a bazillion things to add gonna end this post now bc this needs a tl;dr at this point!!!

(PS for re-releases I would like to see the Magic Shop furni come back mainly because when they were released years ago they were meant to be permanent additions but they got removed sometime in May 2015 and it's annoying that a shop exists where zero items are sold pls give the bunny his money)

Last edited:

Matty

knows a thing or two
I've been saying this for the looongest time so I sound like a broken record at this point but the reason the hoarding problem exists in the first place is because there is no incentive for traders to sell their rare items. If history is anything to go by, they know those items they're holding onto will never drop in price and will instead keep increasing in value, so why would they get rid of that item? Unless the trader is in desperate need of another item/credits, they'll continue hoarding that item because they know the value will only keep increasing with no risk. I like the idea of taking the current market value into account if you're going to add a rare item back into the shop but cut the value by a certain percentage so it's a fair compromise, as well as encouraging everyone to trade their items at their perceived high point.

Re-releases are going to make people upset. It sucks but that's the risk factor in participating in an economy. Everyone should be buying items because they like them, not because it's some sort of investment. Investments are never guaranteed, that's why good and bad investments are a thing. If you earned a million credits and bought a green flip, that's awesome, but that should be because you liked the item and you wanted to have it at that moment. There was never any indication that once an item is retired it will remain retired. That was never the case and re-releases have always been a thing since the game opened.

Besides that, there's sooooo many rares and ultra rares in the game now that a few could be re-released without any major repercussions on the economy. Every time there's a new competition it's always a new prize and never an old item which means there are some things out there that 10 or less people own. There are multiple rares being introduced in the SITS and POTC chest every month. One of the reasons I disliked changing the prizes monthly is because although those items are considered rare, it's next to impossible to find people trading/wanting those items after they're retired because there is no cooldown time for people to get them, new rare(s) are immediately introduced and everyone shifts their focus on attempting to get those. You can probably ask a bunch of people what the rare item was from 2-3 months ago and there's a good chance people will have no idea. Those items are practically lost in a sea of other items.

That said, if I was going about selecting what items should warrant an immediate re-release, I would go by two factors:

a) How many people own the item (furniture and to a lesser extent, pins, should have a higher rate than clothing.)
b) Items where zero (or very very few) trades for it have been made in the past month. That's a pretty clear indication that the item's circulation is practically dead and needs to be replenished. It doesn't necessarily mean the item is rare or valuable, it just means the item is impossible to get, whether due to a small quantity in existence, not many active players trading it, or simply because it's been forgotten amongst the sea of other items.

Obviously non-tradeable or specially labeled holiday/event items (e.g. a pin with a date on it or a first place competition pin) shouldn't be included... but that's about it. And this should be something that should be checked daily, not just for a specific month.
Anyways I am incredibly long-winded and although I have a bazillion things to add gonna end this post now bc this needs a tl;dr at this point!!!

(PS for re-releases I would like to see the Magic Shop furni come back mainly because when they were released years ago they were meant to be permanent additions but they got removed sometime in May 2015 and it's annoying that a shop exists where zero items are sold pls give the bunny his money)
^^^^^
Everyone should read this post again. Well said.

SweetTea

Someone give this guy a medal. Well said!

Reading all these, i understand that re-releasing some items will kill it's value (honestly who cares, it's ridiculous in the first place. i spent credits here and there, ive traded everything off and basically gave them away over and over and still keep spending credits and working hard) but to those who are kinda against it, how would you want it to be re-released? (obviously not stores, crates or TD from what i've seen).

Bring back the original SITS pins (merm 1, 2, 3, qoh, alice, etc)

I would like to see recolors of og items. That way players who paid a ton for their rare items aren't jipped but it will also bring the prices of the originals down a little because not as many people will care about the originals if they have recolors. I have seen a lot of outrage and division in mmorpg's in the past over this and recolors were the only way it went over smoothly.
This just isn't true though. The recolors of the dreams shirt are mostly worth 10-25k whereas the original is still work over 400k. OG Minnie is still worth over 1mil and the recolors (other than red) are barely worth 5k a piece.