MyVMK Forum Rules
Please note that these rules apply to EVERY aspect of the forums where applicable. The rules about bullying, harassment, inappropriate topics, etc apply as much to your signature or private messages as they do to public threads.
Also note a lot of rules that we felt repeated themselves were removed, but still apply on the basis that they're covered in other rules.
Shared Forum and Game Rules
1. Do not bully, harass or threaten other players. This includes things like name calling. If someone asks you to stop talking to them, or to leave them alone, then leave them alone. Remember, if you are being bullied you can use the ignore button and you won’t be able to see them talking anymore.
2. Do not scam, or attempt to scam, other players. Scamming means tricking them into giving you items or credits through any means.
3. Do not attempt to gain access to the accounts of other players, and do not share your password with anyone else. If you do decide to share your login information with someone, you are doing this at your own risk. MyVMK will not be held responsible for any actions on the account in these cases. Remember, anyone who you allow on your account is a representation of you. Therefore, you are the only one held liable for all actions regarding your account.
4. Do not discuss, or mention, any inappropriate topics inside of the game, such as, but not limited to, sexual discussions and discussions of drugs/alcohol. If you see this happening, be sure to report it immediately as there are minors on the game. Breaking this rule can result in your account being permanently banned, and/or you being reported to the authorities. This is a very serious, and illegal, matter which we take very seriously. One of our top priorities is the safety of all of our players.
5. Do not break the law or encourage anyone else to break the law. If you are found to be doing so inside of MyVMK, we may report you to the authorities.
6. Do not publicly share your personal information, or the personal information of anyone else inside of MyVMK. While we do not penalize for using/sharing information on other forms of communication outside of the game, if you decide to do so, you are doing so at your own risk. MyVMK does not monitor, nor are we responsible, for game players activity outside of the game. If someone is abusing this and sharing inappropriate things with you, contact staff immediately and provide as much information as possible. While we are not responsible for activities outside of the game, such information can be used to monitor activity within the game if needed, and we can also offer you advice on how to deal with the situation.
7. Any kind of hate speech, attacks, or general discrimination/intolerance against others will not be tolerated in MyVMK. This includes, but is not limited to, attacks based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Breaking this rule will result in your account being permanently banned.
8. Discussing any kind of trades involving real world currency or things from outside of MyVMK (including, but not limited to items, accounts, and currency from other games) is strictly prohibited. If you do perform one of these transactions, you are responsible for the risk and we will not be able to help you if you get scammed.
9. Impersonation of other users, or pretending to be staff on MyVMK is not allowed.
10. Attempting to bypass our chat filter, in any means (such as the use of abbreviations or changing the spelling of words) is not allowed, neither is swearing or using bad words in general.
11. Use common sense! If something obviously shouldn’t be allowed on the game, you will still be punished for it, even if it’s not explicitly mentioned in the rules. Attempting to work around our rules based on specific wordings or failures to mention specific situations is not going to stop you from getting banned.
Forum Specific Rules
1. Keep things on topic! Don't post cats on a thread about dogs, this can derail the discussion and you end up with a post that's full of things unrelated to the original topic!
2. Do not share the answers to in-game quests on the forums. We want quests to be a fun experience for everyone, and by posting the answers, you take the fun out of it for people who haven't completed them yet!
3. Do not act as a moderator if you are not one. You can report a post if you feel it is breaking the rules, but there's no need to reply to a post stating that it's breaking the rules or that you reported it, and doing so can mislead people into thinking you're staff.
4. Don't bump threads too soon. Bumping is when you reply to a thread to try and move it to the top of the active discussions list in a forum section. This is fine, on your own posts, every 12 hours. Anything sooner than that will be considered a breach of our rules.
5. Don't spam. This means don't post in the MyVMK General section about your new, all-purpose cleaning product that kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria. It also means don't post random nonsense for no reason.
6. Be respectful of other players and staff. Remember that there is always a real person on the other side of that computer screen. It also means don't make posts calling out specific people for specific things, if you have an issue with someone, keep it to yourself. If you have a specific issue with the staff, you can PM an Administrator (Amy or Han Solo) to discuss or report the issue, but this should be done privately and not publicly.
7. Don't advertise anything off of the game. You can advertise your rooms, trades, etc, just don't advertise your MyVMK fan site or your new law firm.
8. Ban discussion is prohibited on MyVMK Forums. Banning is a personal matter that does not concern any other member than the one who is banned. Staff members always provide a reason to the member as to why he/she is banned. However, if you feel that your ban was unfair please use the "Contact Us" email for In Game Bans, and contact the Forums Administrator (Han Solo) in regards to Forums Bans.
9. Keep all discussions appropriate for children. This also falls under previous rules, but we felt like this needs to be specifically emphasized as there are children who play this game.
Remember, if it's not allowed in the game, it's probably not allowed here either!