Skye's Lucky Penny?

What would you like to be done with Skye's Lucky Penny Pin?

• Nothing, leave it as it is

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Delete it from the game

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • Rename the pin

Votes: 84 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my thought:
Yes it is terrible that it was a hoax. It is shameful and downright wrong.

I vote to rename it, and possibly make it tradeable so if someone decided they don't want it, they have the option to get rid of it.

The reason I think this is because while it serves as a reminder of our mistrust, it is also a reminder of how we came together as a family and supported another person. That love that we gave is what vmk is to me. Everyone being friends and leaving our drama behind to celebrate our love of Disney, vmk and each other.

Sorry if that's too sappy haha.

I should mention that I don't even have a penny..but I like seeing people who wear theirs.

iProsper

even if they rename it, the picture of the coin would still be the same, thus invoking bad memories.

if you're gonna rename it, redesign the entire coin then

JenJaws

The Owlmighty
Could staff maybe use the design to create a similar, but different pin for Pirate month?

LisaMarie

Not surprised. Called it from Day 1. Call me whatever you want but it was pretty obvious things didn't add up...
Personally, I think the name should be changed because the point is, people who received the lucky penny stand out from crowd. They saw the good in it. (Including myself, I gave her items before I knew about this "penny" I just don't think it will kill me if I give a few virtual items for free)
So, I'm just thinking something basic with no relevance to skye. MYVMK Dubloon?
TBH, I like Fools Gold LOL... But I doubt that will happen. But LOL.

I'd personally like to leave it in and remember the good that it represents, however I understand why others feel differently and nothing should be in game that will serve as a reminder to those who were hurt by this

PudgeTheFish

Hb it turns into a pin representing Amy instead :)? Like a little pin of her ava

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
The Pin needs to go, this was a scheme made up by a sick individual for whatever reason. What good was any of this and why would you want a reminder of being had.

People should also take this as a reminder not to leave their FB open to public ANYONE, can take your information from any social media, be careful and be safe out there. Not saying that happened in this case though it looks like it may have.

PHPGuru

I think it should be re-named and then if players want to delete the pin they can. That way everyones happy. (of course if you change it keep it un-tradeable so its not unfair to the players who dont have pennys).

On second thought it could be our medals for being catfished too. lol who knows.

Whispered

I think the pin should be deleted from the game, and the idea recycled as a pay-it-forward idea - still with a penny, but maybe based upon "a penny for your thoughts".

The pin would be randomly given to 20 or so people in game. Every time the pin is traded, it duplicates itself (so the person will have one to keep and one to give). Eventually it'll spread through MyVMK, and everyone will have been asked a penny for their thoughts :D

Anyone to still want this pin in game is just as sick as the person who made up the fake death.
I don't feel like I am a sick person for wanting it re-named.

I respect everyone who wants it deleted and really like the idea of the majority getting to vote for what we do. Part of me still holds on to the community coming together as a whole to make someones last days special. I understand now that it was all a lie, but we did not know that at the time and we were all so kind to each other and really pulled together. I guess in the end if we all come together as a community and delete the pin....

Sorry I am still just confused and upset. I am just sad about the situation but I think it would be a lot easier if I was mad about it.

I am happy to stand behind what the majority decides.

Lindsay

Apparently A_Pirateslife was told the impersonator was at the memorial for skye on their real account? That's completely awful. Their IP address needs to be permanently banned so they never do anything like this again. Not to mention how they're probably basking in lols and attention right now. They need to be banned and the penny should be removed. Who cares if they represent a time the community came together? The community shouldn't have needed to come together if not for being ripped apart at the beginning of the month. This whole this is extremely sketchy if you sit back and think about from the time it started until now. That's all I'm going to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.