Private Beta Applications for MyVMK's New Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
Hello everyone!

I’m excited to announce that sometime in the next few weeks, we will be starting a private beta for MyVMK’s new client! For those of you who don’t know, the new client is a total rewrite of the client using modern web technologies. This means it will be able to run on most devices (phones and tablets too!) without any download or plugin required. Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and even some games consoles and smart TVs will work (Raspberry Pi anyone?).

We will be taking applications for the private beta starting now. This is in advance of the actual launch of the private beta. You probably won’t hear back from us until the beta launches. No exact date is set for the private beta launch, but we know it will be some time within the next few weeks.

To apply, all you have to do is fill out the application form below and send it to us in an email to contact@myvmk.com - be sure to mention the private beta in the email’s title! As a note, we are especially looking for people who cannot currently play MyVMK for one reason or another due to it not working on their computers. If you know anyone like that, please send this post to them.

Application form:

1. What is your name? This doesn’t have to be your real name, just what you want us to call you, can be your username if you like.

2. (If applicable - if you haven’t been able to register, leave as N/A) What is your username on MyVMK?

3. What kind of devices do you have? For phones and tablets, a model number is fine (for example: iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Nexus 7 2013). For Macs, the type of Mac and the year is enough (e.g. Macbook Pro Late 2016, 12" Macbook 2015, iMac 2010). You can usually find this out by clicking the apple icon and then “About My Mac”.

For non-Apple computers and laptops, I would like more details such as CPU, GPU and memory. You can usually find this information by opening your start menu, typing System Information, and it will show up in there. There’s also a guide here:
    http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...s-card-processor-ram-does-my-pc-have-3512328/

If you’re having trouble, don’t be afraid to ask for help.

4. Have you ever beta tested for a game (or anything else) before?

5. If you find a bug, how would you report it? We will have a forums section for you to post in as well as an optional Skype chat for testers, but this question is mainly looking for how you would format a bug report post to the forums.

6. Is there any reason in particular you think you should be chosen other others? If you’re like me and struggle to answer this kind of question, I don’t mind you leaving it blank.

7. Can you currently access MyVMK? Answering no will NOT hurt your chances.

8. Why do you want to be a part of the private beta?

9. Is there anything else you’d like to mention to us?

Thanks for reading! I hope you’re all as excited as I am for the new client to launch, it will be the first time in the games history that everyone will be able to play without issues!

Baka

Really excited for this :cheer:

Also, if you end up having a hidden forum for the beta it would be cool to have custom profile fields for that usergroup for device stats. Then you could just add custom BBCode so you wouldn't have to retype your system stats every time you make a post.

Shadowofumbreon

When I eventually get my new custom pc how will I go about updating my specs if I get picked because I'm currently not sure what they will be since a friend is building it for me.

PHPGuru

When I eventually get my new custom pc how will I go about updating my specs if I get picked because I'm currently not sure what they will be since a friend is building it for me.
Just apply with you current specs, like she said. They're looking for people who aren't able to login over those who can

S_Stitch

So this will be on all apple devices? Chrome? And Xbox One? (The ones that Iiiii have). Will everything still be the same or will certain things be left out of the game on certain consoles/devices. And how would we be able to download it if we are part of the beta! And would there be separate servers for every console/device? (Like one server for IPhone and another for Xbox). Iiii know there are a lot of questions but I’m excited! And iiii would definitely go on MyVMK even more now!

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
So this will be on all apple devices? Chrome? And Xbox One? (The ones that Iiiii have). Will everything still be the same or will certain things be left out of the game on certain consoles/devices. And how would we be able to download it if we are part of the beta! And would there be separate servers for every console/device? (Like one server for IPhone and another for Xbox). Iiii know there are a lot of questions but I’m excited! And iiii would definitely go on MyVMK even more now!

We will be contacting people accepted into the beta when we are ready to go with instructions on how to get started!

To answer your questions...
The new client will work on (almost) all modern devices! Meaning it will work on iOS devices, Android, ChromeOS, macOS, etc. Consoles may work, if their web browsers support the right web technologies that the new client uses. We hope to have the game mostly fully featured by the start of the beta. The game is all one server, so even if you're on an iPhone, you'll be playing the same game with people on desktop.

Hope this answers your questions!

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Please check your forums PMs and/or email regularly! Some invites have been sent out and we will be accepting more shortly! :paw:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Honest question - Why not allow anyone who wants to try out the new client to use it? If they're aware it's an early version and that there will be bugs, seems like the more people who would be playing on it would be more people who could report bugs/issues with it. It's connecting to the same server as normal MyVMK, so no need to worry about having too many users or anything.

It would be great, too, if once all invites have been sent out, those who did not get invited for Beta got a response letting them know and why, if possible. I don't mind being rejected (actually, I kind of do XD haha), but being left in the dark is really unfortunate and inconsiderate! Just a thought. :)
I'm with you on this one!

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Honest question - Why not allow anyone who wants to try out the new client to use it? If they're aware it's an early version and that there will be bugs, seems like the more people who would be playing on it would be more people who could report bugs/issues with it. It's connecting to the same server as normal MyVMK, so no need to worry about having too many users or anything.
At this time we are limiting access to the new client by application so that those accepted to test it can have more immediate communication with the staff team to report bugs and help progress development. We hope to have an open release of the new client as soon as reasonably possible.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
It would be great, too, if once all invites have been sent out, those who did not get invited for Beta got a response letting them know and why, if possible. I don't mind being rejected (actually, I kind of do XD haha), but being left in the dark is really unfortunate and inconsiderate! Just a thought. :)
Just because someone doesnt get an invite now, doesn't mean they wont in say, a few days or a week from now. We're letting a few people in little by little, rather than just opening the floodgates. :paw::halcyon:

Status
Not open for further replies.