2018 Create a Valentine Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

:rose: May love come your way this Valentines Day :rose:

Rules
1) You must use one of the provided templates for your entry.
2) You may design your valentine by hand or digitally.
3) All work must be your own.
4) All entries must follow the MyVMK Forum Rules.
5) Do not share your work with anyone. This includes posting it on the forums before the end of the competition and encouraging people to vote for your entry.
6) You may enter only one version.
7) To ensure anonymity and fairness, please do not put your name, or a friend's name, anywhere on the image.
***Breaking any of these rules will disqualify your card. :(***

:halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon:

How To Submit Your Valentine
Select ONE option
Printer-friendly Heart :hearts: Printer-friendly Card
Digital design-friendly Heart :hearts: Digital design-friendly Card

Click here and name your thread using your username.
Please submit the image in IMG tags as well as the actual image URL in the thread.

Judging and Prizes
The judges of this contest will be your MyVMK Forums Staff Members! We will pick our top 10 favorites and then let you, the users of MyVMK Forums, vote on the finalists to determine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. This will be done anonymously. If there are not 10 entries, or close to that amount, we will allow all qualifying entries to be placed in a poll!

The prizes are as follows:

First Place: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest 1st Place Medal
Second Place: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest 2nd Place Medal
Third Place: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest 3rd Place Medal
Top 10: 2018 Create a Valentine Contest Top 10 Medal
All participants: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest Participation Medal
AND

A forums exclusive in-game prize!

:halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon:

Deadlines
All cards must be submitted by February 14th at 11:59pm EST.
Voting will open on February 15th.
Voting will close on February 18th at 11:59pm EST.
Winners will be announced on February 19th!

We look forward to your Valentines!

Last edited:
When I saved the heart and printed it out, the heart is cut off on the top and bottom. Not too computer savvy here so not sure what I am supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I see that you wrote all CARDS are due on Feb. 14th. Do we pick either a heart or a card to design or does the heart go on the card? Bleh for being challenged! @HOST_Duchess

Last edited:

Daniella

Quick question - for hand drawn submissions is the printed outline necessary? I don't normally draw on printer paper so I would probably trace it instead?

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Hmm.. I might enter this one again. I had fun with it last Valentines Day. I skipped the Snowglobe one this past winter due to lack of time but I have more time right now for this one. Wishing a wonder filled Valentines Day to all reading this and may you all enjoy making your entries! YAY! :rose::rose::rose:

HOST_Ariel

HOST and Forums Mermod
Staff member
Forums Moderator
MyVMK Staff
When I saved the heart and printed it out, the heart is cut off on the top and bottom. Not too computer savvy here so not sure what I am supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I see that you wrote all CARDS are due on Feb. 14th. Do we pick either a heart or a card to design or does the heart go on the card? Bleh for being challenged! @HOST_Duchess
Try to check your printing settings. There should be an option to "fit image to page" or have it print down smaller to fit onto your printer paper. As for the designs, either one! You do not need to do both or include one on the other. Two templates are provided to allow users to choose which type of card they'd rather do!
what are the best websites to submit the image from?
Imgur, Tinypic, and Postimage are all pretty easy to use and do not require accounts to upload.
Quick question - for hand drawn submissions is the printed outline necessary? I don't normally draw on printer paper so I would probably trace it instead?
Tracing it should be okay! As long as it's the same shape as the templates, all is good!

HOST_Ariel

HOST and Forums Mermod
Staff member
Forums Moderator
MyVMK Staff
How do I even begin? No clue...
You can download the template image. From there, you can print it and hand draw/decorate it. Or you can use programs on your computer like paint, sai, photoshop, gimp, etc, to decorate it! Once completed, you can upload it using the sites I mentioned in a post above. Then you post it in the private forum link located on the main post!

For examples of past valentines submissions click below:
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/2017-create-a-valentine-contest-voting.66200/

HOST_Ariel

HOST and Forums Mermod
Staff member
Forums Moderator
MyVMK Staff
is there a required theme? like disney-inspired heart or just regular valentines-y stuff?
It's up to whatever kind of valentine card you desire to create! Disney, non-disney, whatever floats your boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.