2018 Design an Egg Contest - Voting!

Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W... What questions? O_o
Your lack of professionalism about this is really quite the shock. In the past contests, it was mentioned at the start that the winning eggs would be made into in-game items. Why did no one consider to mention this at the beginning? Sure, you can say that it was a last minute decision, but is that really the case? It's clear that the staff that decided the top 10 chose them based on the fact that the winning entries would be made into an in-game item, not based on the design of the entry or the talent that went into making them. Now, we are supposed to be voting for the eggs that would look best in-game, instead of which ones are worth of winning. Why bother hiding that fact?

Amy

Head Administrator
Your lack of professionalism about this is really quite the shock. In the past contests, it was mentioned at the start that the winning eggs would be made into in-game items. Why did no one consider to mention this at the beginning? Sure, you can say that it was a last minute decision, but is that really the case? It's clear that the staff that decided the top 10 chose them based on the fact that the winning entries would be made into an in-game item, not based on the design of the entry or the talent that went into making them. Why bother hiding that fact?
It wasn't hidden, and it wasn't said at the beginning for past competitions I don't think? Except a couple of specific ones in the past that were game competitions specifically, which had a 3d template and everything as the things that were submitted were the things that went directly in the game, which is different here.

EDIT: holy blueberries my brain is fried right now I'm sorry lol... I meant to say the submissions went straight into the game as-is, rather than being recreated.

It wasn't hidden, and it wasn't said at the beginning for past competitions I don't think? Except a couple of specific ones in the past that were game competitions specifically, which had a 3d template and everything as the things that were submitted were the things that went directly in the game, which is different here.
Once again, you avoided the point.

I feel like this thread is doing a great dishonor to the very talented GAs here. I would trust them to take any entry and turn it into something awesome that would work great in game. Sure some elements might need to be tweaked here and there in order to make it work, but I bet they could do it. Saying that the top were chosen based on their ability to transition to an in game item is quite the accusation and an insult to the GAs' abilities.

AshleeKAT

Why does everyone keep saying that it’s clear that the top 10 were selected solely based on the ability to make them in the game? Genuinely curious, not trying to be rude. I don’t think it’s fair to say that that’s the only reason and that voting wasn’t based on “talent.”

shel050

So I didn't participate in this event but reading these posts makes me feel very ashamed. The staff posted this for FUN, and the fact people get prizes for participating is a privilege. I think we should all take more time to thank the staff for all the cool stuff they do to make this GAME fun and enjoyable for the players. It's fine to make suggestions, but I think all this arguing and blaming others is getting out of hand.

Jay.

So I didn't participate in this event but reading these posts makes me feel very ashamed. The staff posted this for FUN, and the fact people get prizes for participating is a privilege. I think we should all take more time to thank the staff for all the cool stuff they do to make this GAME fun and enjoyable for the players. It's fine to make suggestions, but I think all this arguing and blaming others is getting out of hand.
People always find something to complain about on a game that is all volunteered based.

Why does everyone keep saying that it’s clear that the top 10 were selected solely based on the ability to make them in the game? Genuinely curious, not trying to be rude. I don’t think it’s fair to say that that’s the only reason and that voting wasn’t based on “talent.”
Yeah, I would need to see some more snubbed entries before I would be prepared to jump to that conclusion. But this is the least impressed I've been with a top-10, and by a pretty significant margin. It could just be a coincidence that we didn't bring our A-game this time around. But it could also not be. Regardless, going at staff isn't the way to handle it. I don't love the way things were handled, but it's really not that serious. :P

I didn't know that trying to understand a situation and get a reasonable answer as to why things changed is the same thing as complaining.
Did anyone one say that staff didn't do this contest for fun? Did anyone say that they didn't have fun while making their entries?
I mean, I could be wrong, but I didn't see one person say that.
Everyone who has commented about the contest - a "complaint," as you say - wants an answer to their questions in a manner that doesn't avoid the point.

KarolynD

Impacting lives everywhere
I'm glad that the staff were able to come up with a top ten, sad to see that some of the people that posted their submission on this thread didn't make it into the top ten. Although I did not enter, I did read the instructions and they were not that clear like some of the other people are stating so I think that does cause people to ask questions (which is normal, not complaining). Thank you staff for hosting another forums event and I think we all look forward to the next!

Allusion

just your friendly neighborhood allusion
Just to go ahead and put in my 2cents, I agree with the opinion that it should have been stated that the eggs may be added into game.
For example, and this may be cocky, but I feel like my egg was pretty decent, also feel like it could have made top 10,
at the same time, I wouldn't have done a detailed rabbit or flower had I known it would have been an in game item at all.

Just putting in my 2cents.
Just an opinion.. still think the top 10 are great and the contest is cool.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Yeah, I would need to see some more snubbed entries before I would be prepared to jump to that conclusion. But this is the least impressed I've been with a top-10, and by a pretty significant margin. It could just be a coincidence that we didn't bring our A-game this time around. But it could also not be. Regardless, going at staff isn't the way to handle it. I don't love the way things were handled, but it's really not that serious. :P
Ever since we added an ingame participation prize, I can tell you that 85% of the entries are just clipart pasted to an egg or something of the sort. More and more people stop actually trying as contests go on just for that generous handout. And its really disappointing to see. You would think the surprise of peoples artwork in game would get people excited but this has just caused a mess, to say the least.

Jay.

Ever since we added an ingame participation prize, I can tell you that 85% of the entries are just clipart pasted to an egg or something of the sort. More and more people stop actually trying as contests go on just for that generous handout. And its really disappointing to see. You would think the surprise of peoples artwork in game would get people excited but this has just caused a mess, to say the least.
Most of you guys are mad cause you didn't try hard enough and submitted a BS egg for a participation prize and now you realize its for an in game egg and feel some type of way. Get over it.
Enough said honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.