Transmission Received... Our new minigame: Star Commander!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug report! Me and
@OswaldtheRabbit went down the tubes in Space Mountain Quest deck and we got stuck with no real way to get out on our own. The Claw picked me up after I hit the x to quit though. Great game and awesome idea :D

EDIT: I find the space mountain quest deck super buggy. I have trouble loading in >.<

Last edited:
This game is neat as heck. I'm really confused about the points system, though. It doesn't seem like there's any way to "bank" your points, and have them accumulate without the ability for someone else to steal them. I think it would probably make more sense if dropping the claw banked your points for that game, and then you would start over at zero when you played again.

aiyana

I've only noticed one bug so far! It doesn't always do it but sometimes when I click x to exit out of the game it just puts myvmk into fullscreen mode and doesn't actually take me out of the game. I've found that reloading solves the problem for a couple games until it does it again.

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
I must say I really like this! Especially the ability to move rooms--super cool :)

I just have a Q and it is kind of related to airham's Q above me: How do we see how many points we have at a given time WITHOUT being in game? For instance, I just left the game by clicking the "X" and the claw came and got me. But I do not recall how many points I had when I left. Is there a way I can find this out WITHOUT re-entering the game and thus risking losing the points?

I realize this may be solved when the "trade-in" feature is opened up. But I was just curious :)

Thanks for creating another awesome mini-game for us to play!!

Amy

Head Administrator
I must say I really like this! Especially the ability to move rooms--super cool :)

I just have a Q and it is kind of related to airham's Q above me: How do we see how many points we have at a given time WITHOUT being in game? For instance, I just left the game by clicking the "X" and the claw came and got me. But I do not recall how many points I had when I left. Is there a way I can find this out WITHOUT re-entering the game and thus risking losing the points?

I realize this may be solved when the "trade-in" feature is opened up. But I was just curious :)

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff

This will be fixed when we add the Shop! There it'll show your points and you can cash out via credits, MBP's, or exclusive prizes!

So here are my suggestions:
First, despite being told to read the instructions, using control-click on Mac (I use a MacBook Pro) just isn't working for me. Using control-click pulls up a menu for me, so it either doesn't register the click in-game, or if it does, my shot is obscured by the menu and I can't see what I'm doing.
Second, I feel like there should be some system in place so you don't lose ALL your points every time you die. Like a bank or something that you can deposit your points in so they don't all get zapped. You'd still get zapped of all the points you have "on hand", but the ones in the bank would be safe, just like if you got mugged on the street or something, lol! But of course, something like that obviously isn't going to be available the first day of the game being out! :P
Also, the helmets are so cool, they need to be purchasable in the future!!
Other than that, GREAT job on this game so far!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this game develops!

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
So here are my suggestions:
First, despite being told to read the instructions, using control-click on Mac (I use a MacBook Pro) just isn't working for me. Using control-click pulls up a menu for me, so it either doesn't register the click in-game, or if it does, my shot is obscured by the menu and I can't see what I'm doing.
Second, I feel like there should be some system in place so you don't lose ALL your points every time you die. Like a bank or something that you can deposit your points in so they don't all get zapped. You'd still get zapped of all the points you have "on hand", but the ones in the bank would be safe, just like if you got mugged on the street or something, lol! But of course, something like that obviously isn't going to be available the first day of the game being out! :P
Also, the helmets are so cool, they need to be purchasable in the future!!
Other than that, GREAT job on this game so far!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this game develops!
We thought about something like a bank. But then the issue is.. whats to stop someone from banking all their points after each kill? You'd never lose or risk anything!

Personally, I dont love the idea of a bank, because as Nala pointed out, you can constantly bank the points without ever risking anything. And while that may be your perogative (you could do the same by just cashing them out early) its intended to be high risk, high reward. In order for the points to not have to be gathered in extremely high amouts in order to get any worthwhile credits out of it, being able to bank them would essentially throw off the balance and make them worthless in small amounts because people would be able to save an abundance to cash out later. I rather enjoy the way it plays currently, as getting killed just makes me want to get back in even more.

shel050

We thought about something like a bank. But then the issue is.. whats to stop someone from banking all their points after each kill? You'd never lose or risk anything!
Maybe you could have a bank which requires a minimum amount of kills/plays/points in order to save them. Just an idea, because I think if I kept loosing all the points I won I might just get frustrated with the game and not play lol!

But that's legitimately the whole idea behind how the points system works. You get more points for each kill when you have a lot of points. So by banking your points and starting over at zero, you get fewer points for each kill. There's no reason to even have the points system work that way if you can't bank your points, anyways.

Even if you could bank your points, the game ALREADY has a built-in mechanism that gives you a reason to risk your points and not cash out after each kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.