Ouija Boards - should commonfolk use them as board game?

Should commonfolk use Ouija boards for fun?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • I don't believe in the paranormal

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
So, as most people know, Ouija boards are used to communicate with the spirit world by "opening a portal" to other dimensions. These boards are commonly sold at stores, such as Toys R Us (RIP), so they are very accessible to purchase and use. Are they just like any other board game? Is it dangerous to use the board? In general: should Ouija boards be used by people who do not know the repercussions of using it?

This also brings up the topic as to if the paranormal exists or not.

I personally believe that they should not be used, at all. Watching paranormal shows is one of my favorite things to do (Paranormal State is the best) and I've never seen a good outcome from using an Ouija board.

Fotogirl

I worked for an auction house for many years up until Dec. '17 and whenever we would run across one of them when cleaning out a house or from an estate I would not even want to touch it. My coworker used to make fun of me for it but I wasn't taking any chances. I would always make her leave it behind in the house and not even pack it to take to the auction house to sell.

I personally see no problem with Ouija Boards. I guess really the only "problem" would be the lack of caution that comes with using one for craps and giggles (I'm looking at you, frat boys that live next door).
No, I don't consider them to be like "normal" board games just because they're sold in that category.

Yes, I believe in the paranormal. It doesn't really frighten me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Honestly, if people want to mess around with spirits/paranormal stuff, let them. They know what could happen, so they shouldn't be surprised if they come in contact with a demon or something.

NO!!
If you don't believe in the paranormal, then why even bother playing with it in the first place?!?!
Second, if you DO,...learn and know the rules and what the UNBLEACHED HECKERS YOU ARE EVEN DOING BECAUSE IT CAN RUIN YOUR LIFE.
NEVER burn a Ouiji board!!
ALWAYS properly close by "saying goodbye"
ALWAYS be respectful.. seriously
NEVER leave planchette alone on board. If you're done playing, say goodbye and then remove the planchette from the board.
DON'T play if you are in any way sick or at all weak (from having a cold to under the influence)
DON'T use one in a cemetery or anything of the like.
NEVER play alone.
DO NOT challenge the paranormal by saying things like, "if you're real, do something" etc.
If you DO come into contact with someone/thing, don't trust them if they say they're a loved one. They can easily make you believe you're talking to your (example) grandma or whoever by telling you, "something only grandma would know/say" It's probably not your grandma.
WARNING(RED FLAGS): If any of the following starts happening, STOP!!:
Move the planchette to count down the numbers on the ouiji,
go through the alphabet,
or make figure 8 motions
Especially if the planchette goes to fly off the board or across the room(this means things are NOT GOING GOOD FOR YOU)
SAY GOODBYE WITH PLANCHETTE. THEN STOP.
HUGE RED FLAG/POSSESSION RISK: If it's only felt like say, 5-15 minutes but you realize you've lost time / hours have gone by, STOP, say goodbye, and never play again.

There is more info you can find online, say saging before and after, and certain protection methods, etc. I guess

NO!!
If you don't believe in the paranormal, then why even bother playing with it in the first place?!?!
Second, if you DO,...learn and know the rules and what the UNBLEACHED HECKERS YOU ARE EVEN DOING BECAUSE IT CAN RUIN YOUR LIFE.
NEVER leave planchette alone on board. If you're done playing, say goodbye and then remove the planchette from the board.
DON'T play if you are in any way sick or at all weak (from having a cold to under the influence)
NEVER play alone.
DO NOT challenge the paranormal by saying things like, "if you're real, do something" etc.
If you DO come into contact with someone/thing, don't trust them if they say they're a loved one. They can easily make you believe you're talking to your (example) grandma or whoever by telling you, "something only grandma would know/say" It's probably not your grandma.
go through the alphabet,
or make figure 8 motions
Especially if the planchette goes to fly off the board or across the room(this means things are NOT GOING GOOD FOR YOU)
HUGE RED FLAG/POSSESSION RISK: If it's only felt like say, 5-15 minutes but you realize you've lost time / hours have gone by, STOP, say goodbye, and never play again.

There is more info you can find online, say saging before and after, and certain protection methods, etc. I guess
I know you mean well and I know that these are all 100% true precautions people should have while using a ouija board, but this literally reminds me of that sea bear scene from Spongebob.
"Never use a Ouija Board while eating cheese."
"Sliced or cubed?"
".....cubed. Sliced is fine."

I know you mean well and I know that these are all 100% true precautions people should have while using a ouija board, but this literally reminds me of that sea bear scene from Spongebob.
"Never use a Ouija Board while eating cheese."
"Sliced or cubed?"
".....cubed. Sliced is fine."
LOOOOOOOOL!!
LOVE IT

NO!!
NEVER play alone.
go through the alphabet,
or make figure 8 motions

You described this PERFECTLY much kudos to you

I stored it improperly purposely to see if something happened and it didn’t. I am a naughty boy I know.
V naughty get that out of your possession (no pun intended) asap

By common folk you mean? Not to sure how I feel about that term......
The average person...
Don’t talk to me

-naughty word-k ouija boards. no no no no no no NO NO NO NO.
I avoid them like the plague now. Ain't messin around with them. When I see them at walmart or target, I roll my eyes and hide them behind some other board game.
For heck sake they made a Stranger Things theme ouija..... Ya'll deserve some ish if you decide to play with the devil's board game

-naughty word-k ouija boards. no no no no no no NO NO NO NO.
I avoid them like the plague now. Ain't messin around with them. When I see them at walmart or target, I roll my eyes and hide them behind some other board game.
For heck sake they made a Stranger Things theme ouija..... Ya'll deserve some ish if you decide to play with the devil's board game
The demogorgan :cry:

It is a toy that is not to be taken seriously... Typically used in stereotypical 90s sleepovers for girls to figure out if Jason only liked Rachel or if he like-liked her! But joking aside, it's a piece of what? Compressed cardboard? With a flimsy planchette to skate around it? Like, I've attended a sleepover where people were just messing around with one. And would you have guessed that nothing happened? Because. Nothing happened???

And *gasp* they even forgot to say "goodbye" at the end! And they did all the no-no's involved (trash talking, swearing, challenging, yelling, threatening, etc.) and absolutely nothing happened. This was (nearly) three years ago when I was eighteen (so, an idiot, obviously) and my mom had died about a month before (still salt in that wound) so I thought that if anything could have possibly happened, it might. Because. You know. I lost one of the most important people in my life. And isn't this type of thing more powerful in the wake of death?

Well, I was disappointed to find that no matter how seriously it was taken, absolutely nothing moved. After about 5-10 minutes, everyone got fed up and just started doing dumb things. Dude, they even bought it used at a Goodwill, which, if I recall correctly, it is apparently bad to do???

[Maybe the fact that nothing happened gave me a bit of ease in not believing in the paranormal? I don't know.]

I'm cynical and I mean, it has gotten me this far.

If I buy one, it will only be because it is going to be the Supernatural themed board.

Does anyone here actually have a legitimate reason to believe in this kind of thing? And that it is evil (or, at least, when in the wrong hands)? I'm not trying to be condescending, I seriously want to know. I grew up being taught that these things were dark and evil things and that if I so much as touched one I would be plagued with demons. Obviously, that has not happened. So like, I do not have a personal reason to actually believe in this. I think it's a stupid waste of money because it's useless. But that's just me.

Unless you're trying to contact a being that is in alignment with your highest and best interests according to the source and will assist with removing limitation without imposing limitation and can coexist with and share space with you in untangled observation, I wouldn't advise dabbling with the oujia board. Even so, you wouldn't need a oujia board to contact them...

you can buy ouija boards that most people are using from toys r us (bless its soul). i can understand boards that are more old fashioned that are handmade, but ordinary boards?? hyped up too much by those who are overly involved with the paranormal imo. most of the scary experiences i've seen people get from ouija board experiences are from one or more people making the moves to scare the others.

CrazyPizza

another way is to have any kind of paper and put A-Z in the middle, 0-9 on the bottom and yes and no on the top corners. trust me I'm not a demon who wrote this out x)