Trick or Treat Street

Fotogirl

This post is to put out an idea and see if there is any interest in participation. Its something I organized in original VMK and have been wanting to do for a few years here in myvmk. Its a pretty large undertaking and something that requires time and effort but in my opinion is worth it in what everyone gets out of it. The whole idea is to create a "street" for trick or treating in October. Anyone who wants to participate would be asked to create a "front porch" room to welcome trick or treaters. The rooms of all those participating will then be linked with an entrance porter somewhere to the left side of the room and an exit porter somewhere to the right side of the room. This gives the illusion of walking down the street door to door trick or treating. Once rooms start to be completed I will contact each person in order to coordinate the trading and placing of porters to connect the rooms. A lot of people have been posting lately that there is nothing to do in myvmk but ride in circles for SITS, sit in auction rooms, or grind the mini games for credits. My experience has been that something like this is a fun way to meet new people and make new friends in the game as well as do something other than the previously mentioned activities. Once we have the street completed (shooting for the end of September here) we can set some times during Halloween month to be "open " for trick or treating. We will post here on forums to set times (perhaps for an hour) for the rooms to be open where room owners can sit in their rooms and be ready to welcome trick or treaters. Treats can be something as simple as a few ash pins which can be sold for credits, extra plushies or eggs, a variety of items, to as much as the room owner wants to give. Some sort of "porch light" like a haunted mansion candle stick needs to be a part of the room which can be lit when the room owner is present and welcoming trick or treaters. I am hoping the participation will be such that we can have around at least 6-8 times scheduled to have our rooms open for trick or treating. Any comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in building a front porch and be a resident of Trick or Treat Street please reply to this post. I will start a list of those who are interested.

Here is a sample room of what I am talking about. This is a room I built last year around this time with the intention of doing something like this then.

trickortreat.JPG
This may end up being the start room for the street. The base for this room is a Tron room so entrance is lower left. Avatars can walk up to the porch using the treasure rug path walk along the porch, stop to be traded their treat and out the other side to a porter which will be placed near the white pumpkin on the lower right. Any room can be used to make your porch ~ entrance will be from a porter connecting you to the next door neighbor

I hope I explained this well enough and didn't confuse anyone with the concept.

caseyatbat

let me hear your yee
I love this idea, but I am very limited on Halloween furni. In fact I really don't have much at all, so I probably won't be able to be a room host.

Awesome event idea though and I will be one of the trick-or-treaters!

Fotogirl

I love this idea, but I am very limited on Halloween furni. In fact I really don't have much at all, so I probably won't be able to be a room host.

Awesome event idea though and I will be one of the trick-or-treaters!
honestly if you want to participate if you can build a front porch with a light I will give you some Halloween items to decorate. There are a lot of items in the shops that can build a house with a porch.If we try we might even be able to talk staff into re-releasing a few Halloween items in September so newer players can have a room ready for October. Halloween and Christmas are always favorite and busy times in the virtual kingdom. If you want me to add you to the list just let me know

caseyatbat

let me hear your yee
honestly if you want to participate if you can build a front porch with a light I will give you some Halloween items to decorate. There are a lot of items in the shops that can build a house with a porch.If we try we might even be able to talk staff into re-releasing a few Halloween items in September so newer players can have a room ready for October. Halloween and Christmas are always favorite and busy times in the virtual kingdom. If you want me to add you to the list just let me know
I can try my best! I will let you know if I can assemble a house :)

Peep23

That is a super cool idea! I am interested in participating, but I am in Australia and worried about the time difference, not sure if it will be an issue or not for trick or treating times and I don't have anything either halloween wise, but there is haunted mansion stuff at the shops which can work too.
I am interested though and will think of some ideas :)

Fotogirl

That is a super cool idea! I am interested in participating, but I am in Australia and worried about the time difference, not sure if it will be an issue or not for trick or treating times and I don't have anything either halloween wise, but there is haunted mansion stuff at the shops which can work too.
I am interested though and will think of some ideas :)
No worries ... If you would like to build a room and participate we can work things out. I am hoping we can have some earlier time frames for trick or treating on weekends for those in different time zones