Permanence of rules?

AlexanderH

Waiting for 2028

For accessability and anti-rot purposes, here is the text of the in-game alert:

Using magic to collect crates, or cloning to catch moogles, its not allowed, thank you
--MyVMK Staff
This seems like an understandable mandate certainly; however, I have a concern.

Looking at the rules page, it appears rule 14 on clones would apply (which is excellent):

Use of alternative accounts (or “clones”) in order to gain an unfair advantage is not allowed in MyVMK. This includes, but is not limited to, using accounts to play minigames at the same time, ride Fantasyland Rides, attend HOST events, etc. You should not be able to gain anything you otherwise wouldn’t by using another account.
However, is there anywhere that it is published that the use of magic is prohibited?

The issue is that staff make these types of announcements just on Twitter, which not all of us use. Or, they just have an in-game announcement, which you’ll only see if you’re online at that moment.

I think the best solution would to have staff send a message to everyone’s inbox when they implement temporary rules like this. Then it doesn’t matter what time of day you play, or if you use Twitter, you’ll be notified upon logging in. Everyone would know what is and isn’t allowed. As a bonus, they could add it to the newsletter, which most people read every week.

I think a counter-argument is that most people collecting crates know you shouldn’t use magic to collect them. I still think it would be helpful if the announcements were made on more platforms.